Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Whoa, who commissioned all the Moonwell over June art?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Wait is Shuma-Gorath a Green Lantern now?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Did that ad call Captain Marvel "Miss Marvel?" One would think editorial would catch that since it's a common sticking point.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Oh huh, I guess not. I always assumed that happened in like the 80s but apparently it was all the way in 2012.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

How Wonderful! posted:

Here's Wimberly's redesign by the way, now that I'm home. It's pretty simple but I think very slick--- this is as close as we get to a full-body action shot from what I remember before he shows up again at the end of the run drawn by Javier Pulido, I think?

He looks like that weird robot guy from the last Street Fighter 3 game now. Q?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Man I forgot how dumb and weird TMNT was, I just wanted to see them fight ninjas and eat pizza but it was always full of that bullshit instead

I am instantly dumbfounded every time I get reminded that for a huge portion of their run Raphael was just a black blob.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

you can't describe something like that and now show it

She's as pure as New York snow
She has Ken Penders eyes

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I like that her gloves also have fingernails. Plus those boob veins that go right through her top are A+.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Mystique powers: simulating the appearance of veiny clothing.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Madkal posted:

The only one I could see even caring about the world trade center is Fisk because:

a. He is a New Yorker through and through
b. He hasn't committed near the same amount of murders as Doom and Magneto who pretty much blow up buildings on a weekly basis.

In a Marvel New York he probably owns like half the businesses in there, too.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Liefeld didn't create Moon Knight! Don't freak me out like that.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Just needs the title changed to like "Kid Radical" and the original NES seal of approval in the corner.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Cyclops is pretty clearly just a younger Jeremy Renner there.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Future proof it with vagueness and things that are permanent.

Totally Cool - Cool things

- Hitting a jukebox so it starts playing a rad song

- Some stuff

- Hitting a jukebox so it starts playing one of the stultifying compositions of Edvard Grieg

Totally not cool - poo poo that sucks

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

You'd think this look would have happened in the 90's but it was the late 80's

He looks really mad that someone left a potholder on his head.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

What was the reason for Thing wearing a helmet in that era? I thought he had a scar ala Doom, but that's almost as stupid and funny as him just trying to hide his identity with it.

Wolverine clawed his face up real good. Like, brain sticking out the side of his head good.

It was later healed by someone or something called Hyperstorm.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Journey into Mystery #23 (1955)
Pencils & Inks: Gene Colan

I tried having fun once and it was awful.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

So in regards to the body horror Hulk transformations, is it the general assumption in those books that She-Hulk is also going through some American Werewolf in London/Wand of Fin-Raziel poo poo? It seems out of tone for such a generally lighthearted character, but would make a really funny one panel gag in one of her books maybe.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Oh so she got grimdarked. That sorta sucks!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Internet Wizard posted:

She also has boobs that appear to be about two inches tall where they connect to her torso, and then extend outward so far that they fold over and fill in her top. Her nipples are pointed straight down, or possibly even pointing back at herself.

One of her powers is using her breasts as a dowsing rod. She's just discovered an aquifer!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

After the shoes, the eye is drawn immediately to Batman's knee support brace. Dude's gotta quit it with the adult basketball at the Y, he's killing his cartilage.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Tell your mom, tell your dad,
This guy's super rad.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Are you asking for a chaaaallenge?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I honestly don't know if the art would be better or worse if that was a competent T-Rex and not some generic 50s sci-fi lizard. Like it's a drawing of a robot and it still somehow looks like stop motion. But hey at least it doesn't unbalance the piece because there's a giant brown smudge on the other side that's the big penny.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Lobok posted:

Isn't this all a little, heh, too fast? Like the Flash show has Kid Flash, who's a teenager. So Impulse is... what, exactly? Slightly Younger Kid-But-Actually-Teen Flash?

Honestly the fact that they hadn't done an Impulse story yet is astonishing to me. The show has already worked through Flash, Kid Flash, Old Flash, Jesse Quick, Accelerated Man, Cruise, two or three Zooms and Savitar. I assume they're saving also-rans like Trajectory, Inertia, and Max Mercury for the big finale.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Setting aside the hairntlers, what is he even doing there? It looks like he's literally riding coattails.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Is that the same artist as that vampire Batman in a tree?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

There oughta be a law preventing 90s Wolfsbane and Feral from appearing in the same panel.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

My favorite thing in that X-Force picture is how there's a dimension issue on Wolverine's claws that makes it look like they don't extend out at all, and in fact he doesn't have claws, just white knuckle fins.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

just typical comic book 9/10 head tall proportions, not a big fan of the really thin limbs and waist but not exactly unusual either

I'd say it looks like Peter Chung stuff but she has pants on.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Darthemed posted:

The Punisher War Journal #19 (1990)
Pencils: Jim Lee
Inks: Al Milgrom; Don Hudson (Backgrounds)
Colors: Gregory Wright

Aw shoot his barrel shroud is disconnected and about to fall off. Dangers of carrying guns around seawater I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Iceman with a black ball cap is a look.

That Wolverine is clearly Anson Mount, someone's grumpy he's already Black Bolt in this, the bad universe.