Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

d00gZ posted:

Let's turn this around. Found on the Site That Will Not Be Named.

Daredevil #1. Paolo Rivera.

Hold on to your hats.

That's kind of an impractical pose, considering that he can't see through his baton (escrima stick?).

edit for seriousness:
I love the cityscape design, it'd be interesting to have Daredevil vision be represented that way...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

d00gZ posted:

I want you to think about that statement, and the character in question, for just ten seconds.

I don't really know if they're escrima sticks if they're connected.

For content, does anyone know what the hell was up with the Jimmy Olsen one-shot's art? It was mostly beautiful, but some of the face-on shots (character facing the "camera") just looked horrible. Actually, the 3/4 shots, specifically one of Lois, seem to be the worst.

I'd scan if I had a scanner available, but really, you all should've bought and read this.

bairfanx fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 7, 2011

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I think James Stokoe is an excellent example of this, too.

I didn't post Brandon Graham because I assumed someone else had. Either way, I can't hear Stokoe's name without thinking of Graham, if only because they keep praising each other's work. Nobody does cities like Graham.

bairfanx fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 12, 2011

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

My only problem with Brandon Graham is that it's really hard to find back issues of King City and there's no trade!

Graham's said that talks of a trade are in the works (and he's hoping to do it with Image, which assumedly means it'll be Cowboy/Ninja/Viking size rather than digest), but yeah, finding back issues is kind of a pain. I'm pretty sure that if you look around the online back-issue shops, you can piece together most of it.