Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

d00gZ posted:

Let's turn this around. Found on the Site That Will Not Be Named.

Daredevil #1. Paolo Rivera.

Hold on to your hats.

They showed the DD portion of the cover at the Marvel panel at Kapow today, and they just gushed about the background as they struggled to effectively explain it. Thanks for saving me a google search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Ka0 posted:

Humberto Ramos is like Madureira in respect that he is never going to bother learning to draw a human face which remotely looks human.

It's stylised and exaggerated, but you can tell what the expression is. I honestly really dig the expressiveness and character he puts into it, and movement and flow of his work, I think he's an ideal Spider-man artist.

Optional smart-rear end answer; Thor isn't human.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Inio Asano's totally tits, it's true, but I want to look at some more Humberto Ramos.

Ramos has some problems, but I always thought he was the ideal guy for drawing a book like Impulse. Usually just the right amount of cartoony with the big feet and big head. Facial features not bound by the mortal constraints of what can fit on a face.

Also, didn't he do part of "Word Without Grown-ups" or whatever it was called, the story that led to the creation of Young Justice? He did the section in the "kid's world" and another artist did the "adult" world. I thought that was a really good use of his style

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 13, 2011

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Hater's gonna hate.

(Punisher vs. Bullseye #4)

God something about Punisher and Bullseye's matching broken noses is just endlessly funny to me. Plus, Steve Dillon draws "Angry Frank" better than just about anyone.

I think this shows both what Dillon can and can't do. He does the consummate modern Frank in my mind, possibly due to his work on the Ennis run, but he puts a lot more detail into the faces of people like Frank and the criminals he targets than good or normal folk, who tend to look pretty similar. His high-tech stuff doesn't look great either, but the problem I see here is the Bullsey costume being solid black, which I'm pretty sure is down to him and not an inker, and even though his classic Punisher outfit looks okay.