Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Alaois posted:

Wasn't that "Electronic Tigers" or something like that, and made by the same dude who did those unintentionally amazing Right/Left/Center political comics?

Hell yeah.

Actual bad comic art, though. I enjoyed the period where Batman's ears kept getting longer and longer.

I wish I could find it as well but there was an artist who used to draw Wolverine's claws as like 2 feet long.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah that's great but Batman's trying to be all intimidating while having to duck walking through doors it isn't gonna work. How the hell does he even fit in the Batmobile?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
All these things sound ridiculous and then I remember

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I liked his work on Hulk. Especially stupid sexy Abomination.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah but they really put a lot more detail in the butt region and I personally applaud that effort.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dick Trauma posted:

I like that one dude grabbing his tunic like "Buddy! You gotta get me outta here!" :hb:

Ripped a hole right in the flesh tunnel!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hell yeah, Nightcat!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Don Rosa is at a con I'm going to and I'm going to try to get him to draw me a Donald Hulk.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lobok posted:

Not Howard the Duck?

Ever since I got my first Skottie Young Hulk sketch I like to get people to draw me various Hulks. I like Hulk :unsmith:

Edit: Peter David will also be there's more Hulk love payoff.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 4, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tiler Kiwi posted:

DUCKS DON'T HAVE EARS

But they do have money.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Archyduke posted:

Didn't he have kind of a middle-aged spread in Earth-X?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That pic of Hulk covers up the best part. The bunny slippers.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Are they digging for something?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dick Trauma posted:

Is that Devil Dinosaur? :psyduck:

My brother was a huge Kirby fan and I laughed at him when he bought that comic back in the late seventies.

Devil Dinosaur has always been and will always be the best of the satanic lizard beasts.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gumby's Shadowy Dick Hand

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Why are his legs wrapped around the green thing like that? Is he trying to go through it crotch-first?

It's a space rollercoaster and the safety bar impaled his right leg. All in all this carnival was a disappointment, Alfred.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Now this is more like it, I just wish he could draw different faces or even a few different body types.

Different body types? Does Stupid Sexy Abomination do anything for you?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
HULK
LOVE
CHUNK

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gaz-L posted:

You know that it's easier for Karen to shave her legs that way than for Clark (or her, to be fair) to do the face, right?

Until she slips up and suddenly there's two burned holes in her downstairs neighbor.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rogue's sunglasses are a bold fashion statement I can get behind.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I've been reading old Fantastic Four and man, Kirby swerved from odd to great.

I always loved that everyone's eyes were huge with big lashes when Kirby drew them.

It does seem around the Galactus story they started really letting him loose though and good god.

And his Silver Surfer will always be just my favorite thing.

The guy always looked like he was about to murder you or fall off his board. Not much in between. Basically what I'm saying is Jack Kirby was a good artist who drew people oddly sometimes. And this Johnny Storm/Crystal relationship seemed forced at first but it worked out in the end.

Marvel Unlimited is awesome but there's some gaps. I was trying to read X-Men and suddenly it jumped from issue like 60 to 94. Well there were some changes around that point...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Yeah, it was cancelled with 66, brought back as a reprint title later, and then started doing new stories again with 94. The only thing you missed was some odd final issues (climaxing in the revelation that Prof. X had faked his death to prepare for an alien invasion, and Jean knew the whole time) and Giant-Sized X-Men #1 introducing the new team.

I actually saw that! That explains it. Now I gotta pick up on that later. Didn't know it did reprints and whatever and I was all "ok, I guess Wolverine is here now." I was hyped to find out more about Lucifer who I never really knew about other than "he crippled Professor X."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Maximus is obviously truly mad about fashion.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Doc Ock been hitting the gym.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I made it through the mid 80s - mid 90s of Fantastic Four comics. After the birth of Valeria there's a couple nice little stories at #55 (Reed and Sue send Johnny and Ben out to get some new tech, but a Skrull steals the Fantasticar. After a battle it turns out the Skrull is really Hank Pym with an image inducer and they just wanted to get those two out of the house so they could have a peaceful anniversary.) and #56 (about Ben's backstory, his faith, and why he lets the Yancy Street gang get away with all the stuff they do). The reason I'm posting it here is for the great Stuart Immonen art.

I'm in love with the faces.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

Johnny is so insufferable all the time.

He really is. I'm just hitting Waid's run and a major plot point is Johnny having to grow up so maybe it will change? It doesn't seem like he's like that in the newer comics.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

Jim Lee in 1977 at age 13:

I was drawing Sonic at 13. I drew him ok.

Meanwhile I ran into some Bruce Zick art while doing my run through Thor. I was all "ok, this is gonna be good" when I saw this image:

because man, look at that backdrop.

Then I started to run into action scenes and... umm...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

BiggerBoat posted:

drat. Same guy drew both of those? That double page spread is really good. Maybe he's like the opposite of most of comic artists and just hates doing action panels.

It really seems like the guy does amazing backgrounds and then just gets bored drawing people.

Edit: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0955981/ ok yeah apparently he just loves backgrounds.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Good god, going from MC Wyman with Thomas writing to Deodato and Ellis writing is god damned whiplash.

And yes, this storyline does have a British detective who keeps getting yelled at about smoking. It's Ellis after all.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The Man Called Spider

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
All hail the Uniboob!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Disproportionation posted:

Everything but the chest seems fine so I'm guessing the artist referenced a nude photo and hosed up trying to work out how a (not skintight) suit'd work over her boobs at that angle. And I don't think the colourist knew how it'd work either, cause they've only made it worse.

Edit: Yeah I threshold-ed it, and it's not nearly as bad in black and white.

I mean, it's Greg Land so yeah it was definitely a nude photo.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Doom would have never knocked over the world trade center. He would have launched it into space.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I miss the giant Fortress of Solitude key.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Nic Cage Superman vs a giant spider for the 90s one.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
JRjr is also a guy whose art has changed drastically over the years. He started out aping his dad's style, then started trying to mirror what was happening in the 90s, before he started getting his own blocky style later on.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He had some 90's stuff, but I guess looking at it I was just seeing it because of the costumes.

Good god the costumes. His 80s though

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My First Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT