Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«89 »
TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

I was in the Hong Kong airport for a long layover and I ate at this place and got some pretty good tofu with mushrooms. That's not why I'm posting, though. I'm trying to clear out my pantry and use up a lot of my dried goods so I'm wondering if anyone has any good recipes for tofu bamboo/dried beancurd sticks/whatever. I only have a couple recipes I like to make so more variety would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

Dried beancurd sticks are good for soaking up flavors.

I personally like using them in red braised pork belly. Dried shiitake mushrooms, light soy sauce, and five spice (cinnamon, star anise etc.) turn them into flavor bombs.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

Laocius posted:

Does anyone have any tips for cooking with mianjin?

Well, it's not a raw product, so you just need to warm it up...in a sauce or in a stir fry for example.

If you want to google for some recipe ideas, googling for seitan probably gives you more (varied) hits.

«89 »