Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
Do you know any way to come close to replicating the basic brown sauce that comes in most takeout Chinese food, such as beef with broccoli? I've tried recreating it before and come pretty close, mostly I used beef stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce and some sugar/salt/MSG.

If so man this would make my life significantly less expensive because I am what is known as an addict, and my local takeout place is not even very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
I've been jonesing like some kind of crackhead for the turnip cakes you get at dim sum. I went to a couple Asian grocery stores here in Atlanta and I couldn't find anything refrigerated or frozen. I assumed they'd be readily available frozen, mostly because i don't have much faith in Atlanta's dim sum game.

Are frozen turnip cakes something I should expect to exist, or should I just start getting intimate with a big ol daikon?