Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I have some preserved vegetable in my pantry that was bought on a whim and I don't really know how to use it. What are some general recommendations for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

How well does lao gan ma keep after the expiration date? My local grocery had some but it expired next month and I don't think I can finish the whole jar by then.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Phanatic posted:

It's all oil and salt, low water activity, in the fridge it should keep pretty indefinitely.

That makes sense. I will enjoy angry grandma chili finally as well.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

So with La Rou Fan and Chinese bacon, what's the best way to prepare the bacon? I've read that it says to remove the rind and steam, does that mean the outer tough part of the skin or the entire skin? And is steaming the best way or should I steam then saute? Too many questions for such a simple dish.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I'm excited to see how this turns out tonight. :dance: I might be buying it pretty often if I can have as much fun with it as you make it seem it is.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

totalnewbie posted:

Oh, you set "good set of dishes" and..
and this from some cookbook: http://imgur.com/a/p3VE7

Made this earlier this week, came out great. Thanks for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I bought some chili black bean paste the other day because why not but I'm not sure how to use it. Any tips on how to cook with it?