Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Anyone have an easy, tasty pho broth recipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Taima posted:

Kenji's pressure cooker pho ga is pretty good:

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/01/30-minute-pressure-cooker-pho-ga-recipe.html#comments-27542

Doing some kind of chicken pho with a pressure cooker is probably about as easy as you'll get while retaining proper flavor. Probably best to forget about beef pho.

Thanks! Out of curiosity, why forget about beef broth?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

Because you asked for easy. Beef pho broth is going to take a day minimum.

Gotcha. Is it because it's harder to Lee h the gelatin out of the beef bones? And if someone has a relatively easy beef pho broth can you post that? Slowly convincing my wife to get an Instant Pot, so I'll need some things to make.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

What? There are a couple real ones here. Only difference is it costs six times as much. One of my friends from Sichuan has an uncle who runs a legit place in Louisville, which I wish were closer.

I've had better Sichuan food in Ohio than in any part of China outside Sichuan.

E: And literally every Chinese person I've talked to here in SW Ohio is from Chengdu, weirdly.

Care to name drop the place in Louisville?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

Sichuan Chili is the one I'd recommend in Cincinnati.

I would but I remembered incorrectly, it's in Lexington. Panda Cuisine, 2358 Nicholasville Road.

Thanks!