Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

Thank you, this was very useful.
If I wasn't stupid I wouldn't have busted the roll pin in the slide :V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

If you ever end up with Cool Guyô LEM gun, I also found this HKPro thread pretty useful for getting the action all lined up and back together.

ChuckDeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

"For god's sake, man! Can you hear that? I know it seems like crying, and you always have crying in your head, but can you hear that?"

Finally got the CHPWS plate in to mount the RMR, but it will require filing down the Trijicon OEM RMR screws to fit in. It doesn't capitalize on the divots in the VP9 OR model's slide cut to accommodate the screws going past the plate, and what I thought was a defect was very, very passionately expressed to me as intended design by the owner when he called me after i left some feedback for their CS chat support. Despite having to calm him down verbally, they'll send me a free version of their upcoming plate when they're in stock in like, June.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

I had to file one of the RMR screws for my Glock slide so as to not interfere with the extractor. It wasn't too big a deal. I used a dremel to speed that up a bit.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I believe C&H Precision sells mounting screws cut to the correct height for people wanting to install pistol red dots if you aren't in the mood to do your own cutting.

ChuckDeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

"For god's sake, man! Can you hear that? I know it seems like crying, and you always have crying in your head, but can you hear that?"

Android Apocalypse posted:

I believe C&H Precision sells mounting screws cut to the correct height for people wanting to install pistol red dots if you aren't in the mood to do your own cutting.

Part of the nightmare with their CS and owner calling me was being told the plate I ordered only works with OEM screws, not theirs, and the next version which is just now in production will use those screws. Then I was told I have to grind down the OEM screws from trijicon for them to work with the plate that works with oem screws. It was a very, very interesting experience. I just wish they'd said on the page when I purchased the plate in December that it won't come with hardware it's advertised to come with because they're shipping the prior version of the plate.

ChuckDeNomolos fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 24, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Oh, well then.

That stinks.

ChuckDeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Hand filed the screws, much easier of a job than I thought. Only thing left to do is re-mount the PMM comp, and I can consider it done.

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

Does anyone have recommendations for USP45 IWB holsters? It's down to that or my P226 for IDPA later this year, so I won't actually be carrying all day.

I could go with my HK45C, but I would need a CT holster on account of the barrel mine is stuck with, and I'm debating selling it before I resort to skate tape. LEM is a plus, though.

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

it isn't easy being a cross dominate shooter.

is the holster just going to be for IDPA? if so, is there a reason you want a IWB holster?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Yeah I was gonna say, I went with a Gcode RTI USP45 holster, which fits within IDPA regs with the paddle RTI platform (as far as I can tell, seems to hold it close to the body enough.) Wouldn't want to try to hold that thing IWB.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

I did it for years with a tactical

I wouldnít recommend it

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

poopgiggle posted:

is the holster just going to be for IDPA? if so, is there a reason you want a IWB holster?

How else are you gonna get your briefcase back?

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

How else are you gonna get your briefcase back?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Gotta put this scope on something

e: also custom bipod extension

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 12, 2021

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

Shaocaholica posted:

Gotta put this scope on something

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

loving sexy

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB4KbBcwtYg

The title is not a joke.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

I don't remember if there are any T36 owners in here, but if you've got one, heads up!

https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/t36-upgrade/letter-of-explanation

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Enjoy the free MG

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Lol, "you can keep your gun for the low price of $225!"

Gee wiz thanks!

In other news I finally acquired one of my white whales, an A&D magazine adapter to fit an American 180 drum on an HK91/G3/clone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQEGxRQu688

Should be here next week and hopefully the 225 round drum too

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 20, 2021

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Enjoy your 25lb 22lr.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

my kinda ape posted:

Gee wiz thanks!

In other news I finally acquired one of my white whales, an A&D magazine adapter to fit an American 180 drum on an HK91/G3/clone.

Now you need to dress it up like an HK21E.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

my kinda ape posted:

Gee wiz thanks!

I think every time I've seen one of these .22 LR insertion barrels for sale, it's been sold by an old guy who didn't realize that they've required a license for like 30 years.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

I recall reading (here I thought) that one of the MP5 stocks was incredibly uncomfortable. I was thinking it was the telescoping stock. Iím considering trying to track down a B&T side folder but I wonít be able to try it before I buy it, and I donít really want to drop $350 on one and find out itís terrible.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

The telescoping stock is considered the least comfortable, but I don't think it's too bad, personally.

The b&t is definitely superior and more comfortable. I don't think I've ever read someone saying they preferred the retractable over b&t stocks for comfort.

I own 2 retractable, a B&T, and a fixed stock. B&T is my favorite of them all. I use it on my MP5 and a retractable on my 33K because it would destroy a B&T over time if I put one on it (or so people say).

SpartanIvy fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 25, 2021

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

A2 stock is best and most comfy

A3 is least comfy but absolutely fine on an mp5. On a g3 itís much more lovely. My favorite overall is the F stock, but it used to be $$$$ last I looked

The choate pdw stock isnít bad at all, either.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

I've seen people refer to the A3 as "the meat tenderizer" on a G3 but yeah that is significantly more recoil than an MP5.

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

Are there good glow-in-the-dark sights for the USP45 any of you would recommend? That's the one thing my 45C has going for it over King Chonk (besides the LEM trigger, but I already planned on installing a match setup).

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

Are there good glow-in-the-dark sights for the USP45 any of you would recommend? That's the one thing my 45C has going for it over King Chonk (besides the LEM trigger, but I already planned on installing a match setup).

Meprolight and Trijicon both make night sights for the USP, either of those would be good.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

I did a PRS2 stock mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf43LiHJ2zg

Spinnaker
Jun 25, 2004

I happened to go by my local shop today to see if they had any USPís in stock. Completely sold out of all H&K handguns. Until I noticed a separate locked cabinet with a few different larger guns. A Desert Eagle, and an HK Mark 23. So now I own a Mark 23, or course. Looking forward to taking it by the range later this week. Doubt Iíll ever find a holster for this thing though. Heard some people refer to it as a crew-served handgun. Itís awesome.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Here was the holster scene in 2016. Autoweapons sells the London Bridge holster.

Midjack posted:

Safariland makes a couple of expensive drop leg holsters for it. Years ago they made a belt holster for it too.
HKParts sells a Blade-Tec belt holster.
The Autoweapons one lets you holster it with the suppressor attached, which is kind of a cute gimmick: http://www.autoweapons.com/photos10/aug/holstermk23.html
Wilcox made one a million years ago that would hold the gun with their light and laser attached to it but they're almost impossible to find.
London Bridge did a small run several years ago but again, good luck. EDIT: Appears their current Large Pistol drop leg works.
Blackhawk used to make a drop leg that held it with the Insight light attached. I have one, it's OK.

Of those I've heard more positive comments from owners about the London Bridge and Wilcox.

Supposedly anything that will swallow a Desert Eagle will also hold a 23 but be cautious if you go down that road.

EDIT for London Bridge availability update.

Spinnaker
Jun 25, 2004

Nice. Thanks

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

x-posting from optics thread about my PTR91's new optic.

L0cke17 posted:

Optic first impressions:

Glass quality is pretty solid. There's relatively little distortion around the edges of the optic and the illumination is quite bright, even in the Texas sun. Reticle is crisp and clear. The eyebox is a bit more forgiving than my NX8 on 5x, which is unsurprising given that the NX8 has a mediocre eyebox though. I don't have any other LPVOs or prisms to compare it to right now.

My first attempt to mount it on my PTR91 had me stymied because of the rear sight drum:

But it looked real good:

I basically had to stick my face onto the receiver endcap to get a good sight picture, and I'm sure if I had actually taken it to the range that way it would have been quite unpleasant to shoot.

Next I tried to use the high mount, but I don't have the right height cheek riser for it and the comedically tall red dot was unusable at this height (but the irons were usable with this setup lol):

I finally gave in and removed the rear sight and it's comfortable to get lined up on both prone and standing:

Centerline of the red dot is right at 4" height over bore and optic is ~2.75" height over bore even with the low mount. However with the Magpul CTR stock and a .5" cheek riser both are quite comfortable to use. I will hopefully get this to the range soon to get it zeroed. My only concern is that the adjustments on the prism are 1moa clicks, but the ptr91 with cheap ammo is a 2-3 moa gun so it hopefully shouldnt matter too much.

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

So,I finally bought a USP .45 when ammo prices are .90 cpr. I am not a smart man. Does anyone know where to find the orange trijicon night sights for it? They seem to be out of stock everywhere

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

not black enough posted:

So,I finally bought a USP .45 when ammo prices are .90 cpr. I am not a smart man. Does anyone know where to find the orange trijicon night sights for it? They seem to be out of stock everywhere

I hear you. I bought mine a few months ago and I've only managed to put 100 rounds through it so far. Love it though.

As for sights, https://www.amazon.com/Trijicon-Front-Outline-Night-Orange/dp/B00CQUDFS6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 ?

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Gin and Juche posted:

I hear you. I bought mine a few months ago and I've only managed to put 100 rounds through it so far. Love it though.

As for sights, https://www.amazon.com/Trijicon-Front-Outline-Night-Orange/dp/B00CQUDFS6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 ?

Those are for the hk45 unfortunately. The part number Iím looking for is HK106O

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

not black enough posted:

Those are for the hk45 unfortunately. The part number Iím looking for is HK106O

Seems like they're in stock here. I don't have any experience with the vendor, although I believe some people here have bought Coda carbon fiber handguards from this place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Seems like they're in stock here. I don't have any experience with the vendor, although I believe some people here have bought Coda carbon fiber handguards from this place.

Ordered. Thank you, I spent hours looking around and couldnít find anything

edit: I got got, they didn't have it in stock. I'll just wait around until they are in stock again sometime next year? who knows.

not black enough fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 8, 2021