Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
digitalwatchmaker
Dec 11, 2008

Most of the time Games have names that define the game pretty well like Minecraft or Simcity or Orbital deer hunter.
Other times the game has a name that does not seem to have anything to do with the game, the genre or theme.

For example Assasins creed - Brotherhood seems to have little to do with actually assasinating people and more to do with being grand theft horse and a Rome rebuilding simulator

If games were always honest they'd look something like this

or this

edit: typos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
The board game Sorry! should be changed to Your Not Sorry, You Never Were, and Your a Lying Cheating Whore.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
The board game Your Not Sorry, You Never Were, and Your a Lying Cheating Whore should be changed to You're Not Sorry, You Never Were, and You're a Lying Cheating Whore.

Sorry!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Smee
Sep 24, 2004
I don't have anything to contribute unfortunately, but I'd just like to say I would play the gently caress out of Orbital Deer Hunter.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Call of Duty? More like Call of Doody

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
Portal 2?! More like Po- Ooops it's over, bye..

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

GloriousDemon posted:

The board game Sorry! should be changed to Your Not Sorry, You Never Were, and Your a Lying Cheating Whore.

Every Monopoly ever should rightly be changed to Monopoly: Superfun Deluxe Cheating Edition (I bought those houses two moves ago, don't you remember??? :byodood:)

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

(I couldn't find a close enough font, maybe I'm missing something obvious :()

master gamawa
Nov 22, 2005

Otsegolator

digitalwatchmaker posted:

Most of the time Games have names that define the game pretty well like Minecraft

Well I guess...

It's not very funny or very impressive as a photoshop (given the image I found) but it's true.

Spoon Snoops
Dec 27, 2010

Fetch me...
MY BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Done at work w/ fake photoshop, not up to my usual standards. Didn't want to get beaten.

melaQuit
Mar 3, 2008

Sooo glad

Wong Dongson
Mar 26, 2010

More like Wrong Dongson am I right?

Get it?

Because I'm really fucking dumb and annoying and usually have no idea what the fuck I'm talk about.

dialhforhero posted:

If they made that game, I'd buy two of them. Link runs the best loving errands.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Uno? More like DRAW FOUR!?! gently caress YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!

clearly not a horse
May 8, 2009

undue butt brutality is not a criminal offense
Bad editing, but most importantly: honest.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Spoon Snoops posted:

Done at work w/ fake photoshop, not up to my usual standards. Didn't want to get beaten.

I didn't learn a lot about the Oregon trail from this game, but I do have a keen understanding as to why there are no more buffalo.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

master gamawa posted:

Well I guess...

It's not very funny or very impressive as a photoshop (given the image I found) but it's true.

This is so horrifyingly accurate. That game ate another day today.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Made a board game version.

And one to follow the video game theme.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.

melaQuit
Mar 3, 2008

Sooo glad

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I Might Be Adam posted:

hahah I love this one.

Morrowind was the same as gothic II to me: geting killed by a single rat while I'm in full armor swinging at sword at it that never hits :S.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

This one really doesn't make sense unless you've played the game, because its a total mindfuck.

Foxy Altar Boy
Feb 18, 2011

The man in this picture supports Barack Obama. Won't you join him?
:obama:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Digital_Jesus posted:

This one really doesn't make sense unless you've played the game, because its a total mindfuck.

This still is one of my all time favorite games. Hallucinogen aided 4 hour multiplayer marathons were the best. Oh to be a teenager again.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I Might Be Adam posted:

This still is one of my all time favorite games. Hallucinogen aided 4 hour multiplayer marathons were the best. Oh to be a teenager again.

Damnable Russian Roulette system costing me all my loving mice! :arghfist: :mad:

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

melaQuit
Mar 3, 2008

Sooo glad

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Derringer
Mar 17, 2008

Improbably Sexy
Dec 25, 2008

melaQuit posted:

I actually really enjoyed playing that tank game, especially with two players. The rest of it was crap tough.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kuros posted:

Uno? More like DRAW FOUR!?! gently caress YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!
Photoshop.

Ultraviper
Jul 26, 2007

I won the 100th Concurrent WOL Jabber Award and All I Got Was This Lousy Title!

Improbably Sexy
Dec 25, 2008

Deathcake
Nov 16, 2009

get UPI!
I'm surprised no one else thought of this:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Toridas posted:

Perfect.

I would've also liked "Press X A Bunch Of Times, Occasionally Heal, Win Game"

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Derringer posted:

Uh'yup,

I don't have time to do a Dragon Age 2 one right now, unfortunately. If someone hasn't put one up by the time I come back, I may have to try. Granted, there's room for multiple versions on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbably Sexy
Dec 25, 2008