Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Super Benintendo!

H13 posted:

Excuse me?

Yes. Hello.

I'd like to see more big dogs thanks.

So, I didn't post about it but we lost Archer, whom I've posted pics of in here, right at the beginning of all this covid poo poo, we took him to the vet for a suspected bladder infection as he was peeing blood and it turned into finding out he had Hemangiosarcoma. I don't want to go into all the details and poo poo, I just hope we gave him the best life he could have hoped for and we loved him with all our hearts.

RIP My Friend

So, I have never had a puppy before, we got Archer when he was 1 from the humane society, so it was already decided we'd get a puppy. I was also pretty dead set on a male harlequin.

We thought we weren't going to get another dog till closer to the end of the year, especially after we started actually looking for puppies and found out quickly that to get the dog we wanted we'd have to get put on a wait list from a breeder and hope one comes up. So we found a few breeders in our state and most of them weren't going to have litters until closer to the end of the year, which would've worked out perfectly. So we started our wait.

Until I happen to come across a breeder a few hours away that had some puppies, and they have 1 male harlequin available. Immediately we emailed to see if he was still available and some days later a meeting was setup and we had picked up this guy about 2 months ago.

Meet Watson

These are from within a few days of us bringing him home
https://imgur.com/gallery/UTVAZ5E

A few weeks ago
https://imgur.com/a/QreKmzN

Past couple days
https://imgur.com/a/bV089Vz

Such a derp lol

He'll be 5 months old on Thursday and ready for his next weigh in which I suspect will be around 70 pounds!

So ya, Great Dane puppies, certainly a handful!

This image sums it up pretty well

If you want more pics he has his own instagram because why not -> watson.thegreatdane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Watson is an amazing dane. This is amazing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tracker is a handsome dog who wants ALL the toys

Watson is also a handsome dog

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 23, 2020

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

mattfl posted:

This image sums it up pretty well

This is true!

Here's Hana moping while I'm at the coffee shop.

And since Google photos offered it up:

ImplicitAssembler fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 24, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

These are all Very Good Dogs.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 9, 2009

FUCK

sorry about Archer. He was a good lad.

But I do very much like your new little speckly friend

Amythest will be 13 in January if she makes it. She's still able to jump on the bed unassisted, so here's hoping. She's slowed way down over the past few months, but she's like 110 in dog years.

Merinath is a baby at almost 3. All he care about is his favorite toy duck and his best buddy.

Said friend is Luthin, who will be 2 in February. He runs at the speed of light and it's terrifying. He also can jump Meri from a standing start, like a goddamn hurdle. I've never met such an athletic dog and I think he'd have a ton of fun with agility or flyball if I could find somewhere to do it.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A dog so big, I struggled to comprehend what I was looking at. 14/10

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

I don't know if anyone else is reading the Lore Olympus comic right now, but I instantly thought of Cerberus just chilling out on the couch and Hades being too soft to kick him off.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

It's always Heath's fault.

Plaster Town Cop

This big dummy loves her crab toys.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Super Benintendo!

Small dog quickly becoming Big Ol Dog

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

He's half way there!. (But a fully good dog!)

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

My chunky boy

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Super Benintendo!

Those ears!

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

"Flight 253 to Tower 1, we are ready for takeoff."

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Did someone say ears?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009
DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Magestic!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Hubris

Fun Shoe

Oh, that looks like doggy heaven right there. Tons of space to run around in, plenty of stuff to smell, probably some birds to chase. Dogs living their best lives, right there.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

Dale Carnegie

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

plenty of dead stuff to smell roll in

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

It's the best dog spot in the world at low tides. You can walk out at least a mile in low (1 foot) deep water, nice soft sand and in the summer, the water and wind will keep the dogs cool. There's a lot of people (and dogs) but more than enough space to be on your own, should you want to.
Luckily Hana never had the inclination to roll in smelly stuff and has mostly stoppped picking up dead fish/crabs.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mattfl posted:

Small dog quickly becoming Big Ol Dog

Please tell Watson I love him. Thank you.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 9, 2009

FUCK

Amythest is still doddering along. She can still run, though she doesn't do that too much anymore. She hops up on my bed with absolutely no problem and she yells at the other dogs to keep them in line. She's 12 years, 9 months, and 20 days old today. I see some loss of muscle and a little loss of coordination. Sometimes she doesn't wake up when I first gently poke her to get her up to go potty, but she eats her dinner like a champ and she still come over and slings toys in my face when she thinks I've worked too much. She happily goes on the occasional car ride, too.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Amythest is still doddering along. She can still run, though she doesn't do that too much anymore. She hops up on my bed with absolutely no problem and she yells at the other dogs to keep them in line. She's 12 years, 9 months, and 20 days old today. I see some loss of muscle and a little loss of coordination. Sometimes she doesn't wake up when I first gently poke her to get her up to go potty, but she eats her dinner like a champ and she still come over and slings toys in my face when she thinks I've worked too much. She happily goes on the occasional car ride, too.

I'm glad to hear it. What a sweet girl.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

Well hidden, but try to spot the dog.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Super Benintendo!

smol dogoo Watson ->
I think he was around 25 pounds in this picture

becomes

large doggo Watson ->
He's pushing 120 already lol

Also, he has a brother now who will also become large doggo

Meet Oliver! A Goldendoodle Lab mix

They are best friends clearly as seen in the following picture of smol doggo trying to choke out large doggo

What happened to tiny Watson

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 9, 2009

FUCK

I wouldn't think a golden/poodle/lab mix would be that big. dang.

Moo is still kicking around at 13+ now! She's snoring super loud over here by my desk and kicks both Lu and Meri's asses daily. I hope she lives to be 90.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Super Benintendo!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I wouldn't think a golden/poodle/lab mix would be that big. dang.

Moo is still kicking around at 13+ now! She's snoring super loud over here by my desk and kicks both Lu and Meri's asses daily. I hope she lives to be 90.

He's 5 months old and just weighed in at 50 pounds. His father was the golden doodle and was pretty big and his mother was the lab. He has far more golden and lab in him than poodle lol

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 9, 2009

FUCK

mattfl posted:

He's 5 months old and just weighed in at 50 pounds. His father was the golden doodle and was pretty big and his mother was the lab. He has far more golden and lab in him than poodle lol

yeah that's my point: the biggest lab I've ever met was 79 pounds. 'He's gonna be a hell of a huge mutt. I like him already.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

This thread may have influenced me in my shelter dog choice. Hes been home less than 24 hours and has settled in perfectly. Absolutely a gentle giant.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

devmd01 posted:

This thread may have influenced me in my shelter dog choice. Hes been home less than 24 hours and has settled in perfectly. Absolutely a gentle giant.

Oh that sprawl What's his name? Also that bed/blanket he's on looks amazing.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Pongo loves his bed/blanket. Every night after I take him out for last call, he lies down on the bed, I cover him up and tuck him in, and he sleeps there all night until I come down in the morning.

It also works really well for tug with the kids; he is so great with them.

He thinks he is a lap dog.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 16, 2021

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

240lbs of dog with no chance of catching a squirrel

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

Tracker has a very challenging life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

Tracker has a very challenging life.

let them rest.