Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
please nobody say anything. he's an old man. he has the heart of a dragon

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

you post a small dragon in the big ol dogs thread. wow, reported.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
NO

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I see a mighty beast with an impressive spirit

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Look, I know giant Californian redwoods when I see them.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
thank you friends

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

That is an adorable face.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I see your adorable face and raise you a derp face!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A snoot so long it doesn’t fit in the picture!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

mattfl posted:

I see your adorable face and raise you a derp face!

That's a good derp.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Egon just riding out the COVID19 scare. Trying not to stress too much and taking things one day at a time.

This dog really knows how to couch

A person can be a couch too

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 24, 2020

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Mayzie's just gonna ride out the stay-home period.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Different couch, same Egon. I forget which surgery this was after but a t-shirt was way easier for him than an e-collar.

Posing in front of his first couch

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 25, 2020

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Going back in time here before he realized couches are comfier than the floor

He really didn't understand at first

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I don't see MB on the last few pages so I probably haven't posted him.

This is M.B., which is short for "Mama's Boy". He is a 6.5yo Chocolate Lab, and I hope that qualifies for BIG OL DOG. While he is great with other people, cats, and other dogs, my girlfriend says that I am absolutely his favorite person ever and that he is totally devoted to me. He sleeps on my bed, but only when I'm in it, and if I'm home, he is generally in the same room as me.

I love him very very much and I am so glad I finally brought him home to live with me this year, even though he had his mom and a swimming pool at my parents place.

Here we have mealtime. He gets 1/4c of hot water over his kibble most meals, to make it smell and taste better. He is also super excited about food ever since he went on a strict 3c/day diet to get him under 80 pounds. He is much leaner, much faster, and will live a longer, healthier life for it. Now that he is under 80, he is starting to get nice things like bacon grease subbed for the water, :siren: loving MILKBONES :siren: (he LOVES milkbones), and meat trimmings.
Mealtime is :staredog: VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS :staredog: but he always waits until Dad says "Okay" before digging in, because he is a Very Good Boy. I have no idea how that tail isn't a fuckin' blur in this picture.

This was the best I could do from the kitchen with a cellphone camera. He was just TOO ADORABLE not to get a picture. Behind him is SqueakyPig, Most Sacred of Toys, which he will retrieve by name when asked.

This is what I usually see when I'm at the sink prepping dinner.

Also: BALL IS LOVE, BALL IS LIFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hugo_oGnVc

Edit: Yes, he is missing part of his lower right canine. He broke it off chewing rocks or sticks or something, as Labrador do. He has absolutely no discomfort from it that I or the vet can ascertain, so we have decided to leave it be until it becomes a problem.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 2, 2020

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Good dog confirmed :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Good dog confirmed :3:

Very much so. :3::3:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

he's definitely not a Big Ol Dog but you know what? The thread can definitely have a little brother who is clearly just a growing baby.

I like that dog.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Working from home can be tough...

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Working from home can be tough...

No sprawl like Dane sprawl :allears:

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

The begging for pet eyes while I try to work

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Keegers posted:

The begging for pet eyes while I try to work

:allears: That tongue.

Give them whatever they want.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
We have taken to enjoying the sun in the midday hours

kaptkobe
Mar 29, 2015

Beach Bum posted:

No sprawl like Dane sprawl :allears:

Here’s Polar doing her best sprawl this morning.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

That sprawl is approved

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

More is better, right?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Doggo #1: WTF who gave you permission to take my picture?
Doggo #2: Treats?!?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

More is better, right?

Which one always lies?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Which one always lies?

They're Danes. They both lie, everywhere, on everyone :3:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Unfortunately, only the one on the left is mine, but walking them together makes me want more.
It's also interesting to see how she interacts completely different with Danes, compared to other breeds.

On a slightly different note, Hana's is recovering from a toe injury and the doc has suggested using a boot for more difficult terrain.
Anyone here got experience boots for Danes?.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Unfortunately, only the one on the left is mine, but walking them together makes me want more.
It's also interesting to see how she interacts completely different with Danes, compared to other breeds.

On a slightly different note, Hana's is recovering from a toe injury and the doc has suggested using a boot for more difficult terrain.
Anyone here got experience boots for Danes?.

The only ones I trust are muttluks but they cost a fortune. ...but they also last literally forever, too.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

hello

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:hmmyes:

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

:)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Excuse me?

Yes. Hello.

I'd like to see more big dogs thanks.