Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Here's my boy Pavlov:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

And this dude lost his marbles. And I'm the one with the insanity? Give me a break.

You're definitely the crazy person for continuing an argument after everyone else has lost interest.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Let her get smacked down by a few older dogs and she'll learn some manners. :shrug:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Is that a rule for the dog park or what? I don't think it's especially likely that she's gonna get knocked up with you there to keep an eye on things.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Inspector 34 posted:

Our dog, Egon, is pretty much the same. He's coming up on his 3rd birthday and he still flips his poo poo if he can't go say hello to other dogs. So at his daycare or dog parks he's perfectly fine, but on his leash or in the car he's a monster the moment another dog is in sight. It kind of sucks because it means my wife basically can't take him on walks since he will drag her across the street to go harass other dog walkers. God help us all if he sees a cat.

You have problems if the dog is the one in control of the walk. Dogs are beautiful creatures, but they should not be in charge of their destinies. It's like asking a three-year-old to drive a car. If you can't absolutely depend on the dog to behave themselves, and you aren't strong enough to physically control them, then you need mechanical assistance in the form of an anti-pulling harness. There's two main types: Gentle Leader goes over the nose (looks kind of like a muzzle) and then there's a chest harness style (c.f. Easy Walk). In both cases the idea is that the leash attaches at a point such that if the dog tries to pull, they get turned to the side towards the leash holder instead of going in the direction they want.

Gentle Leader is more effective in preventing pulling, but also requires more acclimation since it involves a strap looping around the dog's nose. The chest harnesses are an easier sell since dogs usually don't mind them, but make sure they fit properly or they'll chafe.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Here's my boy Pavlov:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
It's foggy and chilly here, in the middle of August. Pavlov doesn't care.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Make sure he's well hydrated so it's mostly water? :shrug: He probably licks his legs/paws regularly so they'll be as clean as the rest of him is.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Good dog confirmed :3:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Oh, that looks like doggy heaven right there. Tons of space to run around in, plenty of stuff to smell, probably some birds to chase. Dogs living their best lives, right there. :allears:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
E: wrong thread

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Wants to play but also wants to sleep.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
A flawless plan from a flawless mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
you boop that snoot right now or so help me