Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
This thread may have influenced me in my shelter dog choice. He’s been home less than 24 hours and has settled in perfectly. Absolutely a gentle giant. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pongo loves his bed/blanket. Every night after I take him out for last call, he lies down on the bed, I cover him up and tuck him in, and he sleeps there all night until I come down in the morning.

It also works really well for tug with the kids; he is so great with them. :3:

He thinks he is a lap dog.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 16, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
That’s a good point, I’ll get insurance added for Pongo the next open enrollment. It’s pretty cheap through work.

Met this newfiepoo at the dog park; chatting with the owner he is only 9 months old and will likely double in size. Hasn’t been fixed yet because he needs the hormones with his fast growth.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
just because he’s big doesn’t mean he can’t be a lapdog. We snuggle/belly rubs every morning after he is done with breakfast.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Accurate, I’m pretty sure the Dane part of Pongo is dominant.

For example, I just took him for a 5 mile walk at 5 am in nice cool weather before it got hot. He was a very good boy the entire way. Right when we got home he saw a bunny or something as we were going in the fence gate. Once inside I let him off the leash and he tore down the fence line trying to find it.

Once inside, I told him to lie down, which he did for about two minutes, after which he then proceeded to thunder up the stairs and back down with everyone still asleep.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I drive past a Great Dane trailer manufacturing facility whenever I drive across the state to my sister, this thing is a good 25 feet tall.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Big dog, little dog

Pongo’s facial expression cracks me up

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Ladybug is a somewhat recent addition to the neighborhood.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Saw at Lowe’s, forgot to ask a name. That’s a normal sized adult woman he is standing next to, absolute unit

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
those ears :3:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Our new favorite places to drive to now is a 200’x200’x200’ U shaped fence around a grass field, the 4th side is the native prairie grass cross country course as well as a small wooded area. Perfect to wear him out in 15 min of hardcore 30yd dash fetch then go for a nice walk.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 3, 2022

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

A good boy coming in for an appointment.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
The nice thing about big dogs is that you don’t have to worry so much about them eating half a loaf of garlic bread.

He sleeps like this all day on the couch in the basement while I’m working in the other room.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
big dog and small truck is a pro combo. Especially when they are all tuckered out on the drive home from a nice long hike with two different fetch spots.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

L a n k y

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
sun’s out, tongues out

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006