Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AN AOL CHAT ROOM
Feb 22, 2003

Power-shovelling fat turds into my cock busted syphilitic maw. Like a fat cunt shovels doughnuts. The resulting turds from my hemorrhoid infested goat fucked ass are pure gold compared to my shitting posts.

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I just rewatched Session 9. Last time I saw it was at a film festival before its original release and I remember being disappointed with it, which confuses me now considering how great it was this time. It's a very unique sort of horror movie and I'd like to see more like it if they exist.
I don't remember the fate of Dave Caruso's character. It seems like he just disappeared towards the end, most likely having fled off-screen. Was he a figment of the lead character's imagination? I remember liking the idea that he was really Horatio Caine taking a break from his job at CSI:Miami to go undercover and be a twisted sociopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AN AOL CHAT ROOM
Feb 22, 2003

Power-shovelling fat turds into my cock busted syphilitic maw. Like a fat cunt shovels doughnuts. The resulting turds from my hemorrhoid infested goat fucked ass are pure gold compared to my shitting posts.
I've avoided Mr. Brooks for the longest time because, well, Dane Cook and Kevin Costner. I finally got around to watching it recently. While I enjoyed it, for some strange reason, I got the nagging sense that the plot seemed so very familiar. So I did some googlin'.

Mr. Brooks (2007) - IMDb
Dexter (TV Series 2006) - IMDb
Oh, okay, makes sense.

If you're familiar with the previous spoiler and don't want to spoil yourself any further, stop reading now and just give it a watch. Seriously, this had everything to scratch your itch. William Hurt plays Head Harry to Kevin Costner's Dexter. In fact, the method with which the movie addresses how Mr. Brooks talks to his id is vastly superior to how Dexter talks to Harry.The overall theme of the film also mirrors Dexter's season 2 arc of using AA as a cover to battle his addictions.Now that I've seen this movie, no matter what direction the show takes in its final seasons, this will always be my "preferred" ending for Dexter; he has his victories on the surface but inside he's still battling the urge to kill. Also, he lives in fear of being murdered by his progeny because the urge to kill is genetic.

AN AOL CHAT ROOM
Feb 22, 2003

Congrats on finally getting around to some good Lynch films! In addition to Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive, you should add Inland Empire to the list. They all share the same thematic element of a character escapes reality by being someone else, and LH and MD are two good stepping stones for the challenge that is IE. I've watched IE a dozen times and I think that I've got it all figured out. I'd love to discuss these movies in the David Lynch thread if anyone would like to necrotize it when they've caught up on these films.

• Locked thread