Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turada
Jun 17, 2006

On a mission from God

bestericaever posted:

Oooo yes, a thread for me.

I'm glad to see Funny Games mentioned. I'll be a turd and say I enjoyed the original more than the remake because of the cast, especially the mother. It's hosed up and definitely not fun to watch, but if you're a fan of the genre, you can't miss it. Two terrifying young guys manipulate a rich family and the audience. A very smart film, and the interview with director Michael Haneke that accompanies the DVD is important to watch.

Also, The Vanishing, but the original Dutch and not whatever lovely Sandra Bullock remake happened in the 90s. A couple are embarking on a summer vacation together but it all goes to hell when she disappears at a rest stop. Her boyfriend, Rex, devotes the next several years to finding out what happened to her. And he does. Wonderfully spooky ambiance and a terrifying ending.

Nthing Funny Games. Is The Vanishing 'Spoorloos'? If so, I've had a copy here for ages after Eli Roth chose it for some horror marathon a while back and never got round to it, this could be the reason to watch it though.

I seem to remember lots of people hating on The Hole when it came out, I thought it wasn't bad, but I saw it quite a while ago when I thought differently about films in general. Probably worth a rewatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turada
Jun 17, 2006

On a mission from God
The Box is really weird, but good! Absolutely not what I was expecting, what I thought would be the entire point of the movie was dispensed with in the first ~20 minutes. Maybe I overrate it because I was taken by surprise, but I think it's worth a watch.

• Locked thread