Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Xguard86 posted:

Polls are open for a new thread title. Vote suggest over the weekend and Monday I will create a shiny new thread!

a new experimental thread featuring... dorks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Wangsbig posted:

alternative:
Grappling, Striking and LARPing

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Just Buy Some Running Shoes

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
[ASK] us about getting choked by sweaty men in pajamas

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Siivola posted:

I like this one

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Xguard86 posted:

Polls are open for a new thread title. Vote suggest over the weekend and Monday I will create a shiny new thread!

The A/T Martial Arts Thread: Something Awful doesn't work in the streetz.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Siivola posted:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Too dangerous for live drills

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Ask/Tell Martial Arts Thread: There's a separate thread for HEMA

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
So far running shoes is in the lead.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

pressure points and chi blasts

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Wangsbig posted:

Shout out to my boy wangsbig

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Wow, the OP makes an mp3 player analogy.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Tackle and grapple

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Xguard86 posted:

I felt this way the first time I checked out fencing. "you mean you can't even sidestep!?".

Hema is cool:

https://youtu.be/VlCQ2pBob5Q

My favorite part is that there's like 30 people there but they've still got the fight showing on a screen.

That is some goddamned majestic background scenery though. They should have UFC or Metamoris events in front of a mountain.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's the best Windows / online resource for creating mind maps?

Bangkero
Dec 28, 2005

I baptize thee
not in the name of the father
but in the name of the devil.

Siivola posted:

:golfclap:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, I'm moving to the East Bay, have been doing Choy Li Fut for the past year, but it's going to be too far now so I need to switch arts. I might keep doing kung fu but I'm interested in other arts such as aikido, as long as I'm still getting a workout.

Any recommendations from Bay Area goons?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

ICHIBAHN posted:

What's the best Windows / online resource for creating mind maps?

Xmind but this is probably the wrong thread for your question

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Okay so it looks like running shoes has the victory. I will work on a new thread today in between my real life responsibilities.

Op for new thread will probably be based on the old one but a little more concise since I think most people read like the first paragraph and then just post, which is fine really.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Just put this in there and call it a day:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Stinky_Pete posted:

Hey, I'm moving to the East Bay, have been doing Choy Li Fut for the past year, but it's going to be too far now so I need to switch arts. I might keep doing kung fu but I'm interested in other arts such as aikido, as long as I'm still getting a workout.

Any recommendations from Bay Area goons?

Jiu Jitsu?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
My Bay Area recommendation will always be to go train with Reilly at Bay Jiu-Jitsu.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Go train with Kurt Osiander in SOMA if you like smashing passes, burritos, and being called a human being

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

fail on the new post. Sorry all, will post it up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

New Thread!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790003

• Locked thread