Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Are there any goons here who have any experience at the Capitao MMA gym in Fort Walton Beach, Fl? I've pretty much never been in a fight in my life, but picking up either BJJ or Judo as an athletic hobby is something I'd be interested in. Curious how legitimate the classes are and how newbie-friendly the instructors are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

the yellow dart posted:

Instructors are pretty cool, dudes are pretty cool, I'm pretty cool, and the school is a pretty good time. If you like BJJ, MMA, or Judo you'll find a niche here. Good mix of military and non-military, but no weirdness regardless. Danny and Daniel are great instructors, and over the past 2 years I've been there we have begun to get a great mix of blue/purple/brown belts that we didn't have previous. It's a great gym with a real friendly atmosphere where you become part of the family.

Edit: BJJ is at 6 PM every Monday (gi), Wednesday (gi), and Friday (no-gi), 10 AM on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (all gi), judo at 6 PM on Tuesday and Thursday, with MMA at 7:30 on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and MMA training/free roll beginning at 11 AM on Saturday. Come on in and we'll choke you...from the Internet!

Once I get back from my trip in the beginning of June, I think I'll check it out. It's been in the back of my mind for months but I've never pulled the trigger. I think Goons have sold me, especially if the atmosphere is as good as you guys describe. Thanks!

• Locked thread