Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I just found this series on youtube, maybe it's been posted before, but this is beautiful muay thai training right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PNtUPO0RGs

edit: it's 1 of 5, if you have the time watcht he whole thing, it's worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I'm going to be the main corner for a thai fight this weekend. Any tips? I've done it 3/4 times before, so I know the basics, keep calm, yell louder than the crowd, and try to calm the fighter down and tell him to breathe. Anything else?

Nierbo posted:

Can you talk more about this. I occasionally see a boxer with a really fast jab fighting against someone who intentionally leaves their hands down around their stomach. I always thought that he could fire off a jab before the opponent could get their hands up to their face. Is he baiting him into something?

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imwGeX1SRFk

1 and 3 in particular

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Lt. Shiny-sides posted:

Don't let your seconds get mouthy. They can impart info to you but keep all the info going to fighters simple and in one voice, yours. I still see whole teams trying to coach one fighter and do nothing other then drown each other out and confuse a poor guy.

Awesome, almost forgot about that one. Reminds me of a story, our gym was hosting a giant boxing event, nearly 1000 spectators, and it was the last fight, between two great fighters, and this guy who evidently trained at the red corner's gym kept going up to him and yelling advice while the coaches were trying to talk to him in between rounds. He even went so far as to punch the fighter (yes, the fighter) in the leg in order to get his attention. What a loving dick.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

willie_dee posted:

What is an open palm strike? Sounds a bit overly complicated. I have a feeling if I ever have to start throwing ill be concentrating on ducking, weaving and keeping my hands up defence too much to think about the specifics of my punching their face.

If you're in control of the situation, go for body shots. Less chance of you breaking your hands. The skull can be harder than you think.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
In general though, that's still a really dangerous attitude to have. 'If you're not getting the results you want, then blame the fighter, not the technique'. This isn't to say that the technique isn't perfect, but there could be a ton of extraneous reasons why the technique isn't perfect. Using the kick example, simply the fact that different people have different bone densities can differentiate between a 'perfect kick' and what's not a perfect kick.

If you have heavy legs, you can just chew away with low kicks, while if you don't, all you need is one head kick to land. Both are 'perfect' per se, but it changes with the fighter.

One should do their best to master all techniques, but simply perfect that which works best for you. If it involves a series or set-up in order to get it to work (and it DOES work in live training), then why not?

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Jerome Louis posted:

For the muay thai nerds -- I hung out with and got wasted with Saenchai last night, after his fight at Lumpini stadium. His corner man is a trainer at Sinbi where I was training and he took a liking to me, and I just happened to be in Bangkok at the same time Saenchai was fighting, so I got to hang out with the whole thai posse after his win and go to drinking and karaoke with them. At one point Saenchai told me "I MISS YOU. I LOVE YOU.". Pretty sweet.

gently caress you (insanely jealous)

How's training at Sinbi?

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Jerome Louis posted:

Sinbi is awesome, it was by far my favorite gym to train at out of the three that I tried. The training is way more structured than the other Thai gyms that I trained at, and every trainer knows their poo poo. It's just really well run and clean, and the area it's in is decent. Next time I go back I'm not really going to bother with any other gyms, Sinbi had everything I was looking for.

What are the living conditions like and what's the food situation like? The food situation is very, very, very, very important to me

Guilty
May 3, 2003

NovemberMike posted:

I actually heard an argument from a doctor about going back to bare-knuckle boxing. We have a pretty good idea of how to fix cuts and broken bones, but gloves let you punch the head and we have no idea what to do about that.

Yeah we do, keep your hands up, lazy boy :smug:

Guilty
May 3, 2003

InspectorBloor posted:

it is limited by the ways that your joints can move. it is the form that follows function. we see certain patterns that are basically similar because of the structure of human anatomy and the effectiveness in application of force in range of a certain concept.

You should probably take a few boxing or MT lessons from a certified professional before trying to back up the previous statement that WC is similar to boxing and MT. I suppose both require you to use your arms and legs and hands and feet. And you have to wear retarded clothes for all of them...

Also you should do the same thing before you make the assertion that wing chun's form follows function...

Guilty
May 3, 2003

InspectorBloor posted:

i don't think it makes sense to think of a technique as fundamentally different if you call it a teep or milo chagi. one hits with the heel, the other with the ball of the foot, but the vehicle to deliver your force is the same, as is the movement of the leg and the hips. or think of a sidekick, you also have that in MT, but you don't see it so often in tournaments. how different is that technique if we look at karate, tkd, MT or wc? i feel that this is mostly cosmetic and blocks the view to the things that connect the arts

you will also see that above, i meant striking arts.

You haven't trained enough in Muay Thai. A teep is not just with the heel. A left teep is a full body motion, heavily involving perfect hip motion, a good left arm swing, body twist, straight out, connecting with the heel, snapping the ankle to hit with the ball of the foot, pull out, and either set, or block and set.

edit: you have to be certifiable that the physics in this motion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUCih9zaqw8 is the same as the physics in this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nDTuFKqhafM#t=85s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMMBRBNtZLw

Guilty fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 22, 2011

Guilty
May 3, 2003

InspectorBloor posted:

i can only ask you to read my post again. milo chagi = heel, teep = ball of the foot. the technique differs with mainly with what you hit. either heel or ball, my point is, that the technique of executing a pushkick, sidekick or roundhouse isn't that different throughout the arts.

if the range of your definition involves calling a technique fundamentally different if it has another name, adds a little screw or hits with the wrist of your foot instead of the heel, yea, then i'm naturally wrong.

the underlying movement of the action cannot be that different since most arts strive for a maximum of effect within the range of the limits of body structure. my point is that within this pattern, there is an optimum of what works, and therefore actions will be similar in a way. think of it as different kinds of animals that share the same medium like ocean creatures. the muskuloskeletal system strives towards energetic optimum and therefore you find that very different kinds of species share certain traits.

in other words: fish don't have legs or wheels. at least not the ones that are sucessful in an evolutionary sense.

Just train more, you will see how wrong you are.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

niethan posted:

Great argument, thank you for clearing that up in a constructive way.

On the surface, he's right. Nearly all techniques look very very similar. But if you train in any martial art and get down to the small details of style and technique, he couldn't be more wrong.

Consider just the roundhouse kick. Brazilian, Thai, and Kyokushin all have three very different round house kicks with a variety of results. Brazilian is known for angles, Thai is known for power, Kyokushin known for speed. Hell even within the Thai realm, it's separated to Dutch-Thai and the Thai kick.

Saying that all martial arts are similar is like saying that all music is similar. In a way it is, but in a more fundamental way it's vastly different.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

InspectorBloor posted:

it is not that they aren't adept at it, it is the range that you operate here, which is where alot of wc techs take place.

Also, posture is a good point, the layed back stance makes it harder to get grabbed around the neck (i know, it looks silly), you will also have to get out his hands from the center line. the stance is more stable than it looks, but that's definitely no guarantee that you won't get pulled down if getting grabbed properly.

setting up the clinch is the main problem, if you move to grab the head or neck without preparing your opponent up properly, your middle is open at close range (which is usually a bad thing, even for a short time). you can't overestimate open palm strikes to the chin combined with the low push block to the hip in that situation. it's just not the strike, but also the weight of the body behind that, that comes from the wc stance with the hips rolled up. it is hard to explain, you will understand once you felt it. you train this defense explicitely in the wooden dummy form to no end.

sadly, this is all very theoretical, but i recommend to try this scenario if you know somebody who is experienced at wc. it will serve better than me trying to explain, where you need to feel (not in a negative sense).

knees to the head and body are allowed here. whatever you agree on. for some reason you don't see it too often.

If you can strike to the chin in what you think is a 'clinch' then your Muay Thai fighter is a beginner. ANY clincher will never allow any usable distance between the bodies.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

TheStampede posted:

Someone once told me that Thai boxers should instinctively be good at boxing, since we use our hands a lot. There is a bit of a difference.

Edit: Though, I never see the boxers sit in on the Muay Thai sessions. I think the situation would be pretty similar if the roles were reversed.

While thai boxing is probably the closest to boxing there is, there's still a world of difference between the two. Each would lose in the other's game.

edit: actually, the boxer could probably still beat the thai fighter in a thai match

Paul Pot posted:

I've never seen a boxer find a solution for eating a lowkick every time he tries to step into boxing range. I haven't gone to a boxing class, but whenever I spar with a boxer I try to focus on my hands to get something out of it. I'll only kick the poo poo outta him if he's being a dick by going too hard or trying to be slick with his boxing defense.

I hope when you're kicking him you're sparring with thai rules because I can't think of a bigger dick thing to do than to kick in a box sparring match

Guilty
May 3, 2003
You just never know with goons...

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Xguard86 posted:

Couldn't the thai fighter just leg kick and then clinch destroy the boxer, if that were legal in their fight?

Yeah, it works in theory, but so many thai fights are won by the better boxer (of the two thai fighters) that it's scary how well boxers do in thai fights. If you're going by points, the boxer will probably lose, but the boxer will also more likely get a K.O.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Nierbo posted:

Guilty, thats garbage. The 'threat of a KO' is not in the boxers favour. Front kicks will keep the boxer away. He'll have no idea where the legs are coming from but the thai boxer will still have enough defense even if he can't punch as well.

I've seen many boxers block or move to the wrong side and eat a hard switch kick to the neck or face and then one or two more on the other side to the body and crumble. I know anecdotal evidence sucks, but you're talking like the thai fighter is going to have his hands down and not push his opponent away constantly with front kicks. If the boxer rushes to close the distance and tries to get the KO and fails, well then he's in a muay thai clinch and its all over from there.

The reason why boxers usually do well in Muay Thai is because Thai fighters have a tendency to drop guard, and the traditional thai block is basically a death sentence when looking at upper cuts, z.B. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQvvVowW2HA&feature=youtu.be

The other reason why is because decent boxers are a LOT more agile and mobile from traditional thai fighters. Look at these guys stalking each other across the ring taking baby steps. A good, decent, strong kick requires a lot of stability and set up, and a mobile boxer isn't going to give the thai fighter that much time to set something up.

Throwing kicks randomly also isn't going to do much against a boxer, since a lot of the power from thai kicks comes from precise execution. If you can cut down the mobility by landing a lot of low kicks on the boxer, great. But a lot of kicks need to be set up through good boxing in order to land correctly and effectively.

I never claimed that boxing is definitively better than muay thai by all means. Why would I? I fight muay thai myself. All I said is that it's scary how good boxers are in a thai match, and that a boxer in a thai match tends to fare better than a thai fighter in a boxing match.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Nierbo posted:

I was assuming that they would have the same proficiency in their respective sport, so that the thai guy wouldn't 'drop his hands' just as the boxing guy wouldn't.

Watch the video to the end. That thai block is usually really good for traditional muay thai, but holy jesus does it loving suck for boxing.

Also a lot of thai fighters drop their guard anyways, and don't usually shoulder block like a boxer does. Thai mobility is really really poo poo compared to boxing

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Senor P. posted:

Yeah you would want to bulk the hell up. I'm 5'10" (weight varies between 140 and 145) and I would never consider doing competing in MMA unless I can get to 155 at a minimum.

What? Why? if he's 2m and 63 kg, just fight stand up and poke the poo poo out of the guy. Try to avoid going to the ground.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ok, someone offer some more insight on this debate:

Sex before a fight or not?

I've heard both arguments, and I'm never sure which one is the best.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Yeah no one's saying get laid and then jump in the ring...

Guilty
May 3, 2003

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

The unexpected could happen at any time, I say gently caress every chance you get, the fight will work itself out.

Good point

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Sneaksie Taffer posted:

Handstands and cartwheels aren't flourishes, though. They are integral parts of your movement set. Are you learning Angola or Regional?

Anything can be a floreio in the right context...

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Paper Diamonds posted:

I'm so pissed at myself right now. Was at my second sparring session ever for Muay Thai. After we do some 2 for 2, 3 for 3 drills we're doing 1 person the center in with 4 other people rotating in for 1 minute each. So the guy in the center is in for a total of 4 minutes. I'm the last guy to be in the center for 4 minutes.

I'm doing alright, but definitely gassed out, last guy comes in and proceeds to corner me and keep the pressure on. They know I'm the new guy so he's not blasting me, but just a lot of punches. He's taller than me with a longer reach. I'm shelled up behind my gloves and my coach is telling me to circle out, which I'm trying to do, but he's keeping the pressure on. Coach calls "Break!", I'm getting my poo poo pushed in and I think he's calling the end of the round. We break, I walk off and sit down against the wall.

He's all "What are you doing!? You got 30 seconds left!"
gently caress
Stand up and go back at it for a moment. Round ends. Coach says "We'll have to work out something else, we can't have you sitting down in the middle of the round. Maybe we rushed you into sparring." I tried to explain what I thought happened but he didn't seem to convinced/happy. He said I can show up to the sparring drills (3 for 3 type stuff) but maybe not the actual sparring.

I'm going to go back to sparring on Friday and ask for a second chance. If not I guess I'll just hang out and watch after class.

Just for future reference, yelling 'Break' usually means break and reset. Usually the ref will call it when you're stalemated (in a boring clinch), so get used to hearing it a lot. Your only real relief is the bell.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Fontoyn posted:

I've got to get a new guy ready to spar as quickly as possible. He's got good cardio/strength and is pretty non-flinchy in comparison to a lot of new guys.

What drills do I focus on?

Spar what? boxing? kickboxing? thai boxing? MMA?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUpFNovPlkKcXRJcUQGfUhqg&v=LczXRTlh__0#t=114s

Another matrix moment in thai boxing

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Mr Interweb posted:

Can someone give me a good primer on American Kenpo? Like what it's all about, what it does and how it separates itself from other martial arts? Wiki doesn't seem to have satisfactory info.

edit: Also, is it worth checking out?

This is always what I think of whenever I hear 'American Kenpo'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzh9koy7b1E&feature=player_detailpage#t=44s

Probably not true in anyway, but still...

Guilty
May 3, 2003
This is probably opening up a can of worms here, but I don't think it's fair to say he'd 'get his rear end kicked by a modern MMA fighter'. Probably be a good fight until it went to the ground. Not saying he'd dominate the sport either though.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

If the hand leads the kick and stays out in front of your opponent's face while you kick, yes, that's classic Muay Thai, aka I have ribs of steel style. It is good for:
- fencing off wild punches, which is what traditional Thai boxers would have
- transitioning to a clinch or elbow range when you throw the kick/knee from close up
But is poor if they go to the body or do other stuff to get around your kick. Of course, even in this way of doing it, you eventually have to bring your arm back up to guard, so I'm not sure what you mean by "explicitly not to bring the arm back."

If they're getting in on your body in the middle of a kick, then either 1. it's not classic muay thai kick, 2. you're landing the kick wrong, 3. you're arm positioning is bad, or 4. you just have really short femurs.

High kicks always swing the arms towards the face. It's hard to explain in words, but the arm motion should be that of something like a clockwork man. Elbows tight to the body and each lower arm swinging opposite to the other lower arm. For example, if you keep your upper arms pinned to your body, and your lower arms at 90 degree angles, swing your left hand to your face and your right hand to your hips, and that's the basic movement. When you throw a right kick, you're doing that same movement, the only difference is that the right arm is now on the horizontal axis, and will end with your hand in the opponents face. If the hand movements are correct and you make a pause at the full extension, it should be a fully extended, protected right straight. Left hand blocks the head, left arm blocking the body (since you are turned), and the full extension of the right arm blocks possible straights and the shoulder guarding against freakishly long hooks. This position only leaves the stabilizing leg open.

Low kicks I would probably throw like hoost does in the video, with the right arm more towards the middle of the body/angled downwards.

NEVER EVER should the right arm be behind your back.

The key to a good fully protected kick is landing it with the knee and femur as a straight line between you and your opponent (don't forget to turn the hips over also), so if they do try to rush down the kick, they're going to meet the knee. This might not hurt, but it will definitely stop them at the least, unless your stabilizing leg is not stable (i.e. for some reason you are leaning your upper body backwards). Some thais just fight throwing long knees, and if the opponent outranges the knee, they just turn it into a kick.

There is absolutely no excuse for not returning immediately to full guard after finishing the kick, so I also have no idea what he means by not returning the arm.

The only truly effective counter to a good thai kick is either a catch, or a dodge/counter, but since the kick should so naturally return to neutral, dodge/counters tend to be a little rarer or less effective. Some people also try to just take the kick and throw a left hook/straight counter, but this is usually not as effective due to how quickly you should be returning to guard.

All this is from the view point of classic muay thai, so YMMV with MMA

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Paul Pot posted:

push kick is a decent counter if someone telegraphs the roundhouse thai style. gently caress roundhouse kicks anyway...bullshit anatomy always favors the southpaw

Oh yeah, that too

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Well, without even talking about movement and tactics, the liver is located on the right side, which won't be taking too many roundhouses due to the fact that jab hands usually guard pretty well and a powerful left roundhouse is telegraphed much more than a powerful right roundhouse

Guilty
May 3, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

I think you can always sneak in a teep to the right hip, though from the guard you prescribe, the attacker can quickly scoop that to their outside. One of the counters we do in Sanshou is to commit to a sidekick to their stomach as soon as they've launched the kick. If you're unlucky, you'll catch an elbow, otherwise you'll land and be able to push off, creating distance and maybe throwing them off balance.

I don't understand. Do you mean a teep to the aggressor's right hip or a teep from the defender's right hip? Because if you're teeping a left teep to defend the roundhouse, you won't land anything. If you teep before the roundhouse comes (since the rh is a pretty telegraphed move) then the aggressor doesn't even have time to set up the prescribed defense, and you're already one up.

If you look at the picture, basically once he's in this position (with his arm placement a bit better, the only reason why it's down is because it's a photo shoot) the only options are either his hips aren't moving forward (unlikely) and you should rush him down, or to go for the stabilizing leg, or catch and counter

quote:

common enough if you're fighting on the defensive.
. Not in Muay Thai. The only time I can think of off the top of my head where you would EVER even slightly lean back is to dodge a kick, and even then it's not so much leaning back as not leaning forward anymore.

quote:

I disagree. A strong kick that doesn't land on them will overrorate you and land you a bit sideways or even with your back. Of course, you should only be committing to a super strong kick if you know you'll catch meat even if they pop back.
Well, yeah, any missed attack will leave you open, whether the aggressor misses or the defender dodges.

Honestly, if you want one ingrained counter to a right kick, it's either catch and counter of your choice, or an automatic left sweep to the stabilizing leg. I like the catch and sweep or catch and right kick to the thigh.

Once again, YMMV in MMA

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Nierbo posted:

On a scale of very difficult to incredibly difficult, how hard is it to catch a kick? I always assumed it would be almost impossible as you wouldn't be used to dropping your guard and plus they'd be pulling it back asap.

Medium difficulty to difficult. It's almost the same motion as clinch swimming or an elbow, and you need to keep it tight, plus they're kicking, so any punches they throw while kicking are going to be rather ineffective if you catch. If you use the catch movement, you can also reset your guard faster usually than they can retaliate.

Or if you're worried, you can also catch with the opposing hand. so for a right kick, keep your left hand guard, and either bat with your right hand (i.e. dutch block) and hook under the heel, or (my preference), sweep the right hand under and catch from beneath.

Difficulty lies mostly in how good the opposing kicker is. Also, it's actually quite difficult to pull a thai kick straight back or straight out. There's a technique to it that has to be practiced to get out of most catches (brace against the opponent, kick and pull out, or twist and pull down)

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Fontoyn posted:

If you ever grab a kick, make sure make 2-3 quick steps backwards before countering.

Just pull the leg as hard as you can and immediately throw or push and counter at the same time. If you take a step back, they get a perfect set up for the brace and kick away I was talking about.

Besides, if you take too many steps in a k1 ruleset you will get penalized for pile driving or holding and hitting.

Catch and counter more than anything needs unconscious repetition, otherwise there's a lot of dumb politics that will kind of screw you.

edit: I guess it's really difficult to catch and counter effectively, it's just that it's such a vital skill to learn that you are at a major disadvantage if you don't know it, so everyone drills the gently caress out of it, making it seem 'medium'. The major benefit of the catch and counter, though, is just removing an attack from the opponent. If you spend one round catching kicks, he's going to have to think really hard about when he's going to kick.

Guilty fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jan 10, 2012

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Xguard86 posted:

I am not a striker but I would imagine there is also a danger of biting on a fake, dropping your hands, and taking a hard shot to the head.

The catch motion is literally just trapping the kick against your body. Also it's very similar to an elbow so the shoulder never really leaves the chin. So if you can fake a kick and land a hard right faster than the time it takes someone to raise their hand from approximately their nipple to their head, you deserve the win anyways.

Or you can use a dutch block trap, or an under catch.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

I find traditonal Thai guys expert at gripping the heel with just one hand. Through the glove, too, which is the impressive part. I think it's all about keeping enough weight from the leg to wedge it into your hand.
This is also my specialty because I find it actually a lot easier to do than trapping. I'm the only one in Germany who does it that I've seen though. Gloves you can actually open up wide enough to wedge around the heel, and it's more of a sweeping motion rather than a grabbing motion. Think of opening up your glove and trying to catch a fish in a net, that really helped me.

kimbo305 posted:

e: we are taught to take the kick and then trap with the left arm (for rear roundhouse) only as a last resort. Those Thai guys can kick hard. Like that one I caught when sparring the Pradal Serey (Khmer kickboxing) guys a couple weeks ago.

Ehhh, we thais are taught to take the kick and trap with the arms every time. If you brace and roll like Fontyn said, the pain won't even make you grimace. Thai kicks are all about full damage at only one point of the leg anyways, the rest of the leg during a Thai kick doesn't hurt at all. And besides, gives a good show and psychs out the opponent :).

Guilty fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 10, 2012

Guilty
May 3, 2003
'I swear to god, if I survive this match I will stop smoking!!!'

Guilty
May 3, 2003

rhazes posted:

Can anyone recommend a mouthguard for muaythai? The last one I bought was awful, it was a top and bottom combined one piece with small holes in between, and difficult to breathe with. I've heard shockdoctor mentioned here often... but right now I went back to using a dental one for my upper teeth instead anyways (I grind my teeth while sleeping.) Really stoked, I'm going back to Thailand for 5 months with one of my goals being training MT again!

Get a guard in thai land, it's so much cheaper over there, and if it's crap just buy a new one.

Generally, bring your old equipment to thailand, run it into the loving ground, leave with new equipment

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Ligur posted:

Hey Guilty, what happens here? Why is Zambidis knocked out? Well obviously because Souwer kicks him in the head, but out of their dozens and dozens of exchanges and attempted strikes to the head during the fight why that is the one that gets through so well? I mean, how'd you (or any striking/MT nerd here) analyze the situation if someone asked. And now someone asks :v:

Because Souwer is a God...

I could only watch the video for a short time, but from what I saw, in that exchange, he took a good left hook to the head and a knee to the face that was half blocked at the most. You can see Zambidis stumbling after that knee, and if Souwer had waited a bit longer, I'm betting Zambidis would have been able to make a full recovery, but he just didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Illegal Username posted:

The left hook bent the rebar enough for the kick to crack the actual concrete structure of his head.

Zambo is the dreamiest punch man :allears:

Ughhh, ugly fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouo1xzWMjpA&feature=youtu.be

Much better...

• Locked thread