Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

monkeybounce posted:

They're also doing a $7 unlimited monthly.

http://newsgroupdirect.com/unlimited-usenet

Thanks for sharing this. I've been using SuperNews for years but I don't mind switching and saving $3 a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

They give you a 50 cent monthly credit for plugging the service on twitter.
Hit the rewards button when you are logged in.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Grab Meatcastle posted:

Are you trying to log in with your username or your e-mail address? For some reason when I first registered if I tried to log in with my e-mail address it would never work, but if I used my username it worked fine.

Tried both to no avail. Might have to consider this application a write-off and try another invite later on.

fake edit: Ok, just tried logging in from my work PC and it's fine. This is weird.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Just clear your browser's cache and try again.

Anti_Social
Jan 1, 2007

My problem is you dancing all the time

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

1000GB block for $38

Highwinds reseller. I'm happy with them.

e: It's not advertised but it should be 1100GB since they give you 10% extra for downloading headers.

Woah, thanks for this! That's a pretty great deal.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

vikingstrike posted:

Just clear your browser's cache and try again.

Nope, didn't make any difference. Works for me in Internet Explorer but not FF.
Might try resetting my FF profile and give it a go.

e: yep, that got it. Well, deleting my profile and starting again.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 13, 2013

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Stiggs posted:

If you try changing to [url]https://[/url] and are still having the same problem, open up your config.ini and make sure that it's actually saving your change. I was having this same issue and changing to [url]https://[/url] from within sickbeard itself did nothing, but manually editing the config file worked. :)

nzb.su doesn't work for me at all through the API, not in SickBeard or in NZB 360. I have VIP, it just seems to be broken for me entirely.

Speaking of, NZB 360 is pretty great. None of my stuff is open to outside the network at the moment, but I think I'll have to work on that, because this is pretty cool. I'll also need to get CouchPotato and Headphones installed. Get stuff downloadin' on the go from my phone? We're in the future dammit.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I finally get to do this:

gone

Gozinbulx fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 13, 2013

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!
Invite went to cbubbles. Enjoy!

Stiggs fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 13, 2013

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That time of the week again, 2 invites here

Email me at sa.username@gmail.com

dont forget the sa. !
e:gone

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 13, 2013

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Invites gone.

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 14, 2013

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Gone.

Flaggy fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 13, 2013

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
Are invites given out randomly? After a certain length of time as VIP or what? Anyone know?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

EvilMuppet posted:

Are invites given out randomly? After a certain length of time as VIP or what? Anyone know?

About every 2 weeks I get between 2-5 and its started happening with more frequency, I am VIP if that helps.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

For the last 3 weeks I've been getting between 2 and 5 every Thursday/Friday time

The 2 today came in early

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Apparently I have 2 invites for nzb.su now so PM me your email address if you want one

e: one left
e2: All gone! Sorry if you didn't get one but they seem to be much more common recently.

y_3 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 14, 2013

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
I was thinking about picking up that 1tb block but I already have blocknews and an unlimited astraweb. The problem is I have for lots of incompletes lately so I was thinking of trying another provider. And my Astra expired and I burned though 170gb of block in like 2 days before I realized so its almost gone

Also, can I tell nab.su not to serve up German ISOs? Or where is that setting? Plex?

Finally, anyone share plex with friends? I shared my collection (of homemade videos of course) with the myplex thing and it works well for only 3ish mbit/s upload with Comcast. Any danger though?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

MasterColin posted:

I was thinking about picking up that 1tb block but I already have blocknews and an unlimited astraweb. The problem is I have for lots of incompletes lately so I was thinking of trying another provider. And my Astra expired and I burned though 170gb of block in like 2 days before I realized so its almost gone

Also, can I tell nab.su not to serve up German ISOs? Or where is that setting? Plex?

Finally, anyone share plex with friends? I shared my collection (of homemade videos of course) with the myplex thing and it works well for only 3ish mbit/s upload with Comcast. Any danger though?

I share my plex library with a friend, he seems to enjoy it. The only danger is probably them turning their caps back on and you going over it they stream a lot or something.

TDD_Shizzy
Feb 26, 2004

I have a nzb.su invite, PM you email and i'll end it off.

edit: CLAIMED!

TDD_Shizzy fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 14, 2013

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

1000GB block for $38

Highwinds reseller. I'm happy with them.

e: It's not advertised but it should be 1100GB since they give you 10% extra for downloading headers.

I'm not seeing this anymore, is the deal dead?

EDIT: Looks like it was a one day sale
http://www.newsgroupdirect.com/blog/2013/02/12/all-new-terabyte-tuesday/

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 14, 2013

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
How does one only have post-process scripts run if the nzb unpacked successfully?

Edit: Nevermind, read the manual.

Ashex fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 14, 2013

SilentGeek
Jul 24, 2011

e: Gone

SilentGeek fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 14, 2013

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gone

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Feb 14, 2013

roxanne
Sep 5, 2006

I have 2 NZB.su invites too. PM me if you want one.

Gone to seadweller and Daktari.

roxanne fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 14, 2013

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
E. new challenge to come

MasterColin fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 14, 2013

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

It's a shame that nzb.su doesn't allow you to do any searches in specific categories unless you're VIP (or cull unwanted categories in your profile.) I use that feature a lot but nothing else to warrant VIP.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha
invite gone to crunchtime

Kid fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 14, 2013

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
So i just setup NZB 360 on my phone and holllyyy shitttt. I just sent something to download from my phone ya'll.

Only problem is: I set it up to read from nzb.su (obviously) and it seems to be working, but when I compare the results it gives me when i just browse a category vs what I actually see on the website, there seem to be things missing in between entries and also the newest stuff doesnt seem to show up till later. Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone else notice this?

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
Have an invite to give to someone who can write me a hilariously dirty limerick.

Danforth05
Jun 11, 2011

Why is mice sech cowards?
Invites went to Phalex and Taima.

Danforth05 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 14, 2013

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Alright time to pay it forward I guess, seems like I have 2 invites. First two who PM email will get it no questions asked!

edit: both gone!

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 14, 2013

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
edit: Both taken, pending email addresses. :)

Legs Benedict fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 14, 2013

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
GOONZB Update:

Well we have finally procured the last odds and ends of the hardware and have the server put together. It's going into the datacenter this weekend pending any catastrophe's.

It's pretty much a VMWare esxi box, CentOS, etc.

I got a bunch of e-mails from sysadmin types offering up help and support.. It's been a little bit since then though, so I wanted to go ahead and open this up again.

If you're a sysadmin that wants to get in on the project I've setup an IRC channel on synirc.net it.. #GOONZB. For now we want to use this as the main hub to bring any other goons into the brain trust. Right now nothing is going on in there since, obviously the server isn't installed at the datacenter yet-- but once that happens fri/sat, we'll be a lot more active in there.

Project is moving forward!

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.
I once again have two invites for nzb.su to give out. I am thinking of two numbers between 1 and 25. First two people to guess one of them correctly, wins. One number per person and only the first person to guess each winning number will count. PM me your number.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

GOONZB Update:

Thanks, GAS CURES KIKES. The hard work you and others are putting into this project is very much appreciated. I know I'm not alone in eagerly looking forward to the launch.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

GOONZB Update:

Well we have finally procured the last odds and ends of the hardware and have the server put together. It's going into the datacenter this weekend pending any catastrophe's.

It's pretty much a VMWare esxi box, CentOS, etc.

I got a bunch of e-mails from sysadmin types offering up help and support.. It's been a little bit since then though, so I wanted to go ahead and open this up again.

If you're a sysadmin that wants to get in on the project I've setup an IRC channel on synirc.net it.. #GOONZB. For now we want to use this as the main hub to bring any other goons into the brain trust. Right now nothing is going on in there since, obviously the server isn't installed at the datacenter yet-- but once that happens fri/sat, we'll be a lot more active in there.

Awesome to hear, thanks a lot for the effort you all are putting into this project. I really want to use it!

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.
Both invites have been won. Congratulations you two.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I just discovered Headphones is moving completed downloads to my music directory over and over again. I set it to keep a copy in the original folder for seeding, and it doesn't realize that it's already moved the download so it does so on every scan. What can be done about this? For now I'll just be moving them manually I suppose. Ideally it would point rTorrent to the new directory so I wouldn't have to keep two copies of everything, but I don't know if that's possible.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Anyone have a decent deal on a non-expiring block account from a non-Giganews provider? The last couple that were posted seem to have expired, and I'm getting a lot of failures on Supernews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 16, 2013