Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012
Has sickbeard been updating its list of default search providers? Is there an easy way to update and existing install with the new list? since nzbmatrix went down I have had a hole in my life and I'd like to see if there are any nice alternatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Most sites will provide you with newsnab API details so you can add your own. I'm not aware of an update to the defaults or the non-newsnab site list.

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012
ok. Then the issue is finding sites.

Not sure if this is allowed, but is there a list of search providers somewhere? Not asking for invites or anything...

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
The SABnzbd wiki.

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork
Has anyone using Astraweb noticed that when SABNZB is set to use either ssl-us.astraweb.com or ssl.astraweb.com, that the server listed under the Connections tab in SABNZB is eu.news.astraweb.com?

I'm concerned that Astraweb is redirecting my request for an SSL connection to their EU server under a non-SSL encrypted connection. Has anyone else noticed this?

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

jpotts posted:

Has anyone using Astraweb noticed that when SABNZB is set to use either ssl-us.astraweb.com or ssl.astraweb.com, that the server listed under the Connections tab in SABNZB is eu.news.astraweb.com?

I'm concerned that Astraweb is redirecting my request for an SSL connection to their EU server under a non-SSL encrypted connection. Has anyone else noticed this?
That's just where it was posted to originally. It has nothing to do with your actual connections, and can in fact even show other providers like giganews, etc.

This really should be added to the OP at some point...

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork

Disgustipated posted:

That's just where it was posted to originally. It has nothing to do with your actual connections, and can in fact even show other providers like giganews, etc.

This really should be added to the OP at some point...

Gotcha, makes sense. I had thought it might be attributed to my slow speeds, but I guess not. Thanks for the info!

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Is it not possible to have Sickbeard put every show in the same folder? I'd prefer to open up D:/TV/ and have everything there but when I put it to this instead of individual show folders and ticked Flatten for every show, it now picks up the random episodes I have of some shows and puts them in every show listing on Sickbeard, even if a show doesn't have that season yet

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Yes it is, use sabnzbd for post processing.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Disabled sabtosickbeard, turned off all the post-processing in Sickbeard and re-scanned and updated but the 2 eps I have at the moment are still appearing in every show

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Is it not possible to have Sickbeard put every show in the same folder? I'd prefer to open up D:/TV/ and have everything there but when I put it to this instead of individual show folders and ticked Flatten for every show, it now picks up the random episodes I have of some shows and puts them in every show listing on Sickbeard, even if a show doesn't have that season yet

I never got it to work, and just gave up and put them in their own folders.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This thread has a way to dump everything in one folder that's been working for me.

It still requires a folder with a bunch of show folders but you can ignore that and just look at /New Episodes or whatever.
It can't handle shows with titles like Series (2013) and I've never tried to sort that out.

Even with the bugs it's well worth using if you do not have a media browser. A single folder with all episodes is so much more useful than wondering which of your 20 folders has something new inside.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Even with the bugs it's well worth using if you do not have a media browser. A single folder with all episodes is so much more useful than wondering which of your 20 folders has something new inside.

Do whatever works for you, but I wouldn't bother with hacking around on Sickbeard or whatever. Every modern OS has a way to show you all video files in a folder and all of its subfolders and order the results by date.

Let SB work the way it was designed and let your OS work the way it was designed.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Rawrbomb posted:

I never got it to work, and just gave up and put them in their own folders.

I've never had a problem with that. I don't use sickbeards post processing. Sickbeard just throws the nzb to sabnzbd and thats it. Everything ends up in the folder specified in sabnzbd.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Anyone care to share their newznab-to-sabnzbdb-to-xbmc type setup? Or with couch potato or something? I see that xbmc has plenty plugins for this kind of thing but im not getting how they are supposed to flow into each other. I have Pneumatic reading my sabnzbdb, the native sabzbdb app also reading it, and the newznab add on (by the same guy as Pneumatic) reading my nzb.su account. I guess i can browse nzb.su through that add on (no search option it seems though...) and send it to download, but is there some kind of movie browser thing that will send it to newznab/couchpotato then send it to sabnzb?

Basically, all my movies are 95% weird obscure poo poo I'm waiting to watch, so im looking for a way for my fiance or anyone else to scroll through some imdb-type thing and pick a mainstream movie and have it look it up on nzb and send it to my sabnzbdb. any ideas?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Gozinbulx posted:

Anyone care to share their newznab-to-sabnzbdb-to-xbmc type setup? Or with couch potato or something? I see that xbmc has plenty plugins for this kind of thing but im not getting how they are supposed to flow into each other. I have Pneumatic reading my sabnzbdb, the native sabzbdb app also reading it, and the newznab add on (by the same guy as Pneumatic) reading my nzb.su account. I guess i can browse nzb.su through that add on (no search option it seems though...) and send it to download, but is there some kind of movie browser thing that will send it to newznab/couchpotato then send it to sabnzb?

Basically, all my movies are 95% weird obscure poo poo I'm waiting to watch, so im looking for a way for my fiance or anyone else to scroll through some imdb-type thing and pick a mainstream movie and have it look it up on nzb and send it to my sabnzbdb. any ideas?

If you setup an imdb account, you can configure couchpotato to scrape your IMDB watch list and auto-add any movies for download and import into imdb.

Really the limiting factor here though is the hit-or-miss nature of couchpotato.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Gozinbulx posted:

The Newznab app should allow you to search as soon as you enter a category. Couch Potato also has support for downloading NZBs and creating strm files for Pneumatic to work with from what I've heard, but I haven't tried that myself and don't know if it's an everything-or-nothing prepared as streams sort of deal. If so you could probably set up a second instance of Couch Potato for your fiance to use.

Have you tested that Pneumatic actually works properly on your setup? If so I'd like to know how you did it.

For MKV file streaming it needs to fetch both the first and last RARs prior to playback, but it always fails to move the last RAR up in the queue, just sitting around waiting for the whole set to complete unless I go into sab and manually move the file to the top of the queue.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

This thread has a way to dump everything in one folder that's been working for me.

It still requires a folder with a bunch of show folders but you can ignore that and just look at /New Episodes or whatever.
It can't handle shows with titles like Series (2013) and I've never tried to sort that out.

I just saw this. Does anyone know if NZBDrone can just put everything in one folder?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Highwinds reseller has 500GB for $20 again.

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
Edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot.

dzarc fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 24, 2013

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Hard Drives: Mounted via USB on my Airport Extreme (newest model)

I recently changed the name of my external hard drives on the network to "Media 3 TB" and "Media 1.5 TB". I also recently updated to Mavericks. Lately I've been having a ton of issues with post processing to the external harddrives - with SickBeard, I have it automatically run the SabtoSickBeard script. With other content, I have certain categories automatically move files to specific drives.

Now I'm getting the following error:

Category moving: Post Processing Failed for XXXXXX (Cannot create final folder /volumes/Media 3 TB/movies/XXXXXX/XXXXXX)

Does anybody have any idea why this would be happening? The drives are properly mounted, the current settings on the Airport Extreme are "Enable file sharing", "Share disks over WAN", and Secure Shared Disks: with device password with "Remember this password in my keychain" selected.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what my issue is and I would appreciate the help.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 26, 2013

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
So ever since I started the whole usenet thing (feels like ages ago but it was like.. april), I've totally ignored the whole couchpotato/sickbeard stuff. Saw no use whatsoever. Skipped every post about it.

No more. I finally installed Couchpotato on HTPC/NAS (NHTPC?) so play with my XBMC setup.

I've gotten it to download, take the file from sab's category folder and move it over to its final home, in xbmc's source folder, with the folder renamed and everything. I managed to do that once. I tried it a second time (this time turning on the notification settings to "tell" xbmc when it was done) and... nothing. It sent it to download fine, so SAB downloaded it and put it in its respective category folder. But CP didn't rename or move it this time. It's just sitting there.

Any reason why CP moves some and not other files? Is there a way to "force" it to retry the renaming/moving thing?

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

Thermopyle posted:

Ha, I've been working on one in Python in my free time as well, because newznab is a trainwreck.

I'll give this a look later today.

How is it? I ran NN+ for a while but can't be assed to set it all up again because it sucks so bad.

Murodese posted:

I wrote a python-based Newznab replacement, since it was giving me a massive loving headache:

https://github.com/Murodese/pynab

It's purely API-oriented - there's no front-end and I'm not going to write one, since the front-end on my current indexer never gets used. No post-processing yet either, so Sickbeardcan only use its RSS search currently (which it mostly does, anyway). CouchPotato should mostly use it fine. Postproc will take me the weekend or so to complete.

Of note, bulk importing NZBs is hilariously faster with this than Newznab - a few hours to import the 60ish gb NZB dump from mid-2012 compared to a few weeks/months with NN+. Takes much less time to process parts, binaries and releases, too. Pretty much requires a NN+ ID to get regexes, though.

I only wrote the install scripts tonight, so if you try it out let me know how it goes - it could be horribly broken, but the limited testing I did seemed ok.

(I even tried to write it with a really nice OO-design and it completely loving failed because it increased processing time some 50,000x over doing it the quick-but-ugly way)

If this really works and doesn't erode my soul the way NN+ did I will give you money. Did you finish post processing yet?

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007
nZEDb works a hell of a lot better for me than NN+ ever did. I'd highly recommend giving it a try.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Morkai posted:

How is it? I ran NN+ for a while but can't be assed to set it all up again because it sucks so bad.

Apparently, when I said "I'll look at it later today" I meant "I'll forget all about this and never look at it".

DashingGentleman
Nov 10, 2009
I've recently switched from SabNZBd+ to the dev version of NZBget (v12.x). It seems much lighter and has proper server priority handling.

I've ditched Sickbeard/Couchpotato and been relying on DogNZB to do my movie and show pulling for a while now. It polls my IMDB watchlist and has a nice TV show manager. They recently made an NZBget script which can report failed downloads to DogNZB and request another release automatically. The NZBget file renamer script (VideoSort v4) also has the option to pull media info from NZB headers supplied by Dog rather than the filename.

I like this setup a lot more than SB/CP. Only drawback is that it cannot automatically check what files you already have and cannot fall back on torrents if usenet draws a blank. (I'm often surprised to find that rare, foreign Linux ISOs are often available on torrents more readily than usenet - I would have thought the p2p nature of torrents would make esoteric stuff disappear quickly)

Also, has anyone been using Headphones recently? It was a bit of a mess when I played with it some time back - heavy CPU load, spamming lots of requests to both search providers and musicbrainz. Has there been any development or do any alternatives exist?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

DashingGentleman posted:

I've ditched Sickbeard/Couchpotato and been relying on DogNZB to do my movie and show pulling for a while now. It polls my IMDB watchlist and has a nice TV show manager

I started to do all this awhile back. Then I started to think about how often these sites close up shop and how I didn't want to reconfigure everything for the next site.

Once you've configured SB/CP you never have to touch them again and if your indexer goes away it's easy to add another. I've literally not looked at CP's web interface in months, and the only time I look at SB is when I add a new show.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

DashingGentleman posted:

Also, has anyone been using Headphones recently? It was a bit of a mess when I played with it some time back - heavy CPU load, spamming lots of requests to both search providers and musicbrainz. Has there been any development or do any alternatives exist?

I haven't touched headphones since maybe June or so. It was still poo poo then. I've kept mine updated and running even though it's never worked. It surprised me recently by popping up an xbmc notification out of the blue that it had grabbed something I would have wanted, but it turned out it didn't actually grab anything.

I would love to know if there are any alternatives, as I also can't find a spotify app for any platform that isn't horrible. Spotimc was passable but I can't for the life of me get it to work on frodo.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I still use Headphones. It's pretty bad at grabbing all album info, but it usually works once it finds the album info.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I still use Headphones. It's pretty bad at grabbing all album info, but it usually works once it finds the album info.

As I understand it, the music service it uses let's you set up your own mirror but you have to run it's VM... The whole VM...

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Headphones looked awesome and I used it and it always looked like I was going to be able to do some really cool stuff with it.... but it never actually did anything.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Hogburto posted:

Headphones looked awesome and I used it and it always looked like I was going to be able to do some really cool stuff with it.... but it never actually did anything.

Yeah man it somehow can figure out what you would want, IDing poo poo you never heard of but is awesome on a listen, and then completely fails at the task of actually getting anything. It's crazy.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I wish i understood how sickbeard works.

I want SAB+ to do the post processing. It's easy, it works, and when I add nzb's manually (aka straight from my indexer) it works flawlessly.

I setup sickbeard, added shows, and it will indeed add NZB's to SAB, into the category defined for tv. But for some reason, when the NZB is sent by sickbeard instead of the indexer directly, SAB does none of the post processing.

To be clear, as far as I understand, I don't have sickbeard do any post processing. I tell it not to scan or process anything. SAB+ WILL post process in the tv category if I do it manually. But when Sickbeard sends a nzb, into the same same category, SAB does not do the post processing, and just dumps it in the root folder with the original name.

Any ideas?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I would recommend getting it put together so it does work using a guide like this one
http://jetshred.com/2012/07/31/configuring-sickbeard-to-work-with-sabnzbd-plus/

Once you get it correctly working, you can start fixing your post processing options one at a time toward what you want it to do, testing along the way to make sure you're turning off or changing configuration items in the way you think you are. It will at least help narrow the problem down.

e: vvv Understood. I'm just saying we don't know how your setup is working at this time. The failure to get it to work could be because:
1) You're telling SAB to make SB do the processing, but don't have SB configured to do the processing
2) You don't have the procesing config setup correctly in SAB
3) SAB doesn't do the type of processing you're expecting
4) etc.

Once you get it to a point where you know it is working the way it is expected, there's a frame of reference off which you can make changes and troubleshoot the issues you find.

theres a will theres moe fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 30, 2013

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
That does't appear to be what I really want, but I might give it a shot.

I don't want sickbeard to be part of any processing. All I want it do is search for the right nzb at the right time and send it to SAB. SAB's tv sorting is more than sufficient for me.

The only advantage I could think is that Sickbeard seems to be more capable of handling programs that are by dates (air-by-date as they call it) and not S01.E03 stuff.

We shall see.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Gozinbulx posted:

That does't appear to be what I really want, but I might give it a shot.

I don't want sickbeard to be part of any processing. All I want it do is search for the right nzb at the right time and send it to SAB. SAB's tv sorting is more than sufficient for me.

The only advantage I could think is that Sickbeard seems to be more capable of handling programs that are by dates (air-by-date as they call it) and not S01.E03 stuff.

We shall see.

Then just use an indexers built in TV tools. Dognzb and nzbs.org both have a "TV shows" function that will send SAB new shows. It doesn't sound like you need Sickbeard.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 30, 2013

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Juice Box Hero posted:

Yeah man it somehow can figure out what you would want, IDing poo poo you never heard of but is awesome on a listen, and then completely fails at the task of actually getting anything. It's crazy.

It's because the scene for Movies and TV shows uses very rigid naming schemes by the release groups and music appears on the surface to be uploaded by any schmuck with a computer as it always has been. Not only this, there is various releases of the same music over and over again. Terminator 2 will always be the same name albeit in different resolutions and perhaps a directors cut. Albums become compilations and deluxe editions over the years with totally different names.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

YouTuber posted:

It's because the scene for Movies and TV shows uses very rigid naming schemes by the release groups and music appears on the surface to be uploaded by any schmuck with a computer as it always has been. Not only this, there is various releases of the same music over and over again. Terminator 2 will always be the same name albeit in different resolutions and perhaps a directors cut. Albums become compilations and deluxe editions over the years with totally different names.

That explains a lot. Hadn't thought about that part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Juice Box Hero posted:

That explains a lot. Hadn't thought about that part of it.

Headphones has problems when it comes to CPU, Memory and polling the API. That could be rectified by a different programmer making a new program or cleaning the code. The part where it hits the API and manages to grab an album will never be resolved by any programmer unless the scene directly intervenes and creates a naming and encoding framework that everyone agrees to follow. To be fair, I doubt it's ever going to occur because music is rather cheap to begin with and it's easy to get. Napster and it's successors forced the industry at gunpoint to create Itunes and the other markets.

Once you get a thing like Itunes for TV Shows that allows you to order lets say Homeland by season or by episode and it lets you watch the show at the same time it airs on TV in 1080p you'll see the scenes start to collapse.