Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
Anyone having issues with nzb.su api?

The site says http//api.nzb.su/
the image shows 'https'

I keep getting: Error loading nzb.su URL: http://api.nzb.su/api?apikey=REMOVED

Anyone else having this issue?

Maybe i just need dognzb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

MasterColin posted:

the image shows 'https'

Maybe i just need dognzb

I've been having the same problem.

StainlessBanner
Dec 23, 2006

Maybe you shouldn't kiss and tell
Has supernews been slow for anyone else this weekend? My blocknews account has been hitting 4 Mb/s+ while my supernews account has been 1 Mb/s and under.

Edit: I see a few pages back from January that others have been having the same issue during peak hours. I suppose that explains it.

StainlessBanner fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 24, 2014

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

MasterColin posted:

the image shows 'https'

Maybe i just need dognzb

They moved to different servers recently. After that I've been getting errors on and off. It's been better in recently days.

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006

serebralassazin posted:

They moved to different servers recently. After that I've been getting errors on and off. It's been better in recently days.
My last successful download was on the 18th :(

I'm looking for a new indexer now. What happened to the non-spoken goon index...

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
It was working for a while. Started getting errors so turned it off from sick beard. Just checked now and all it has is a page that says hi. So ya doesn't look like it went anywhere. NZB.su staff seem to be working on the issues. They had a message saying they are fixing issues as they pop up after server move. Hopefully they'll iron them out soon.

ReidStylez
Sep 7, 2010

Resident Turbo Hayabusa Expert

MasterColin posted:

My last successful download was on the 18th :(

I'm looking for a new indexer now. What happened to the non-spoken goon index...

I had a few movies download succesful on the 20th.

There's a non spoken goon index? That'd be cool. Similar to the non spoken torrent one.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

It ended like most goon projects, in utter failure it appears.

ReidStylez
Sep 7, 2010

Resident Turbo Hayabusa Expert

kri kri posted:

It ended like most goon projects, in utter failure it appears.

Usually someone else picks up the project. I could see the Usenet one being not as easy to pick up though.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone else had issues with Couchpotato creating duplicate entries in their XBMC database? I just enabled it to send notifications to update the XBMC library when a movie finishes, but it's also scanning through my TV library and creating duplicate entries for every single episode of TV I've got in there. I don't have it set to do a full library update and I don't know why it's triggering anything to do with TV shows. I'm running the latest version of CP and the stable build of XBMC 12.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

ReidStylez posted:

Usually someone else picks up the project. I could see the Usenet one being not as easy to pick up though.

Goddamn, who's that chick in your avatar???

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
:ughh:

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm sorry, I don't usually do this sort of thing, but... :(

theangryamoeba
Sep 26, 2008

Exioce posted:

I'm sorry, I don't usually do this sort of thing, but... :(

Where do you think you are? Reddit?

Copy the url for his profile pic and try running it through tineye.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I haven't visited in this thread for a while. Short of a really annoying issue where Sickbeard's Config > Search Providers page giving me red error text for who knows how many months (a year, maybe?) everything has been working swimmingly.

Lately stuff comes later and later. Is this just more active takedowns, etc? Or perhaps something wrong with my host or search provider? (poo poo I don't even know who that is anymore because of the aforementioned issue where that page of Sickbeard is corrupted for me.)

[edit]

Actually, on the off-chance someone might know what I need to do to fix this (as minimally destructively as possible) I will leave the error here: :)

code:
500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Sickbeard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/Applications/Sickbeard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/Sickbeard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/Applications/Sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 980, in index
    return _munge(t)
  File "/Applications/Sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 122, in _munge
    return unicode(string).encode('utf-8', 'xmlcharrefreplace')
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1010, in __unicode__
    return getattr(self, mainMethName)()
  File "_Applications_Sickbeard_data_interfaces_default_config_providers_tmpl.py", line 261, in respond
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/NameMapper.py", line 245, in valueFromSearchList
    executeCallables=executeCallables)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/NameMapper.py", line 226, in _valueForName
    _raiseNotFoundException(key, obj)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/NameMapper.py", line 167, in _raiseNotFoundException
    raise NotFound(excString)
NotFound: cannot find 'providerType'

Feenix fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 27, 2014

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
So there's a download that I want to get on a daily basis, but only the lowest quality DL.

Looking at dognzb and nzb.su it's clear there are at least two versions of it released each day. One is <Title> HDTV X264 <group>, about 350MB, and the other is <title> 720P HDTV X264 <group>, at 1.2GB or more.

I would very much like Sickbeard to grab the former and pass it to SAB, ignoring the latter. However, I cannot get the SB quality settings right to make this work.

Unknown finds nothing, SD (TV/DVD) finds nothing, and HD TV or any other setting (including Any) always grabs the 720p version. Can I make this happen?

DashingGentleman
Nov 10, 2009
Not sure about sickbeard, but Nzbdrone has options to specify upper and lower limits on file size for each quality setting. You could probably fiddle one of these to make it work (though it's not really supposed to be used that way I don't think - there is no way to add completely custom qualities or control what keywords they use, just the expected size per half hour of content).

You could also almost certainly set this up with a custom search or RSS feed on your indexer, but I've no experience with these.

Also, what is this talk of a goon torrent tracker? Is this something that exists/has existed/has crashed and burned horribly?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tapedump posted:

So there's a download that I want to get on a daily basis, but only the lowest quality DL.

Looking at dognzb and nzb.su it's clear there are at least two versions of it released each day. One is <Title> HDTV X264 <group>, about 350MB, and the other is <title> 720P HDTV X264 <group>, at 1.2GB or more.

I would very much like Sickbeard to grab the former and pass it to SAB, ignoring the latter. However, I cannot get the SB quality settings right to make this work.

Unknown finds nothing, SD (TV/DVD) finds nothing, and HD TV or any other setting (including Any) always grabs the 720p version. Can I make this happen?
Is <title> identical for both releases? A small difference could be why Sickbeard can't find an SD release you know exists. This might be a search issue and nothing to do with quality settings.

If it's something like Show.720p and Show.with.Guy.HDTV you should try requesting a scene exception on the sickbeard forum.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Feenix posted:

I haven't visited in this thread for a while. Short of a really annoying issue where Sickbeard's Config > Search Providers page giving me red error text for who knows how many months (a year, maybe?) everything has been working swimmingly.

Lately stuff comes later and later. Is this just more active takedowns, etc? Or perhaps something wrong with my host or search provider? (poo poo I don't even know who that is anymore because of the aforementioned issue where that page of Sickbeard is corrupted for me.)

[edit]

Actually, on the off-chance someone might know what I need to do to fix this (as minimally destructively as possible) I will leave the error here: :)

code:
500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Sickbeard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/Applications/Sickbeard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/Sickbeard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/Applications/Sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 980, in index
    return _munge(t)
  File "/Applications/Sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 122, in _munge
    return unicode(string).encode('utf-8', 'xmlcharrefreplace')
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1010, in __unicode__
    return getattr(self, mainMethName)()
  File "_Applications_Sickbeard_data_interfaces_default_config_providers_tmpl.py", line 261, in respond
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/NameMapper.py", line 245, in valueFromSearchList
    executeCallables=executeCallables)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/NameMapper.py", line 226, in _valueForName
    _raiseNotFoundException(key, obj)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cheetah/NameMapper.py", line 167, in _raiseNotFoundException
    raise NotFound(excString)
NotFound: cannot find 'providerType'

I've fixed my permissions. I've installed latest python. Rebooted my machine. Nothing fixes this for me. I have to wonder if the only solution is a removal and fresh installation of SB.

(and I also recall several years ago when I set up SB and SAB, there was a lot of trial and error on my part, so I'm really hesitant to have to do this all over... but I need to fix my search providers tab so I can update my new NZB.SU API.)

Any thoughts?

[edit] And If reinstalling is the best way to go, other than screenshotting all my config pages for easier setting up is there anything I can safely save or copy back to minimize work, but not carry over this error? Or saving my TV show list or something?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 27, 2014

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Googling that error gives many hits. The common fix seems to shutdown SB, edit the config.ini (after making a backup!) and remove malformed (or all) search providers. Maybe try that first?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is <title> identical for both releases? A small difference could be why Sickbeard can't find an SD release you know exists. This might be a search issue and nothing to do with quality settings.

If it's something like Show.720p and Show.with.Guy.HDTV you should try requesting a scene exception on the sickbeard forum.

Since it hasn't bee explicity stated, I'll say that HDTV x264 without 720p is the proper naming format for an SD release. So it could be a name problem, but choosing SD as quality should get you what you want.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Grim Up North posted:

Googling that error gives many hits. The common fix seems to shutdown SB, edit the config.ini (after making a backup!) and remove malformed (or all) search providers. Maybe try that first?

I came across those hits too. It sounded like a winner only I don't really know what's malformed and what should be removed and from what part of the config.ini.

Any ideas? :)

[edit]Holy gently caress I think I fixed it. I went into config.ini and not knowing what the gently caress, I just deleted everything between the " " marks after Newsnab =

Feenix fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 27, 2014

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

FISHMANPET posted:

Since it hasn't bee explicity stated, I'll say that HDTV x264 without 720p is the proper naming format for an SD release. So it could be a name problem, but choosing SD as quality should get you what you want.
In response to the earlier question, <title> is identical though <group> is not and <group> is identical (though there is more than one <group> releasing. The filename naming conventions are even the same.

Example:

SHOW STARRING SOME GUY 2014 02 25 SOME OTHER HUMAN 720P HDTV X264-BASKERVILLES
and
SHOW STARRING SOME GUY 2014 02 25 SOME OTHER HUMAN HDTV X264-BASKERVILLES

The 720p version gets grabbed by SB every..single..time.

While I understand what you're saying Fishmanpet, SD does not fetch anything. At all. So I'm assuming its a naming-based issue as Ultimo posited I don't know what the hell.

I'm currently setting quality to Any and hoping the smaller encodes just get snapped up faster than the 720p encodes come out.

Tapedump fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 28, 2014

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer
How recent is your version of Sickbeard? There was a while after the scene switched from xvid to x264 when Sickbeard wouldn't find SD releases, but that's been a couple years now since most groups switched formats. If you're still running a version that old, try updating.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Just updated last week to the newest compiled Win exe. Thanks though.

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
So lately when I click on the button that initiates a download, the nzb file is also downloaded. It didn't used to do that. Did something happen?

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

dzarc posted:

So lately when I click on the button that initiates a download, the nzb file is also downloaded. It didn't used to do that. Did something happen?

Assuming you're using one of the FF/Chrome SAB plugins, it could just be screwed up. Mine would do that on occasion after not closing the browser for a long while or resuming from sleep. Try closing browser (verify/kill in task manager) and reopen. If that doesn't work, disable/re-enable or re-install the plugin. Usually just closing the browser fixes it for me.

Brotato Broth
Feb 21, 2012
Out of curiosity, are there any active usenets still around, posting-wise? Or did the entire alt.* text traffic die out altogether?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Just noticed there's no built-in way to tell Sick Beard to prefer h.264/x264 over xvid. :sigh:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Brotato Broth posted:

Out of curiosity, are there any active usenets still around, posting-wise? Or did the entire alt.* text traffic die out altogether?

Google Groups does actual text usenets for some hierarchies, and there is still active discussion there for some computer-related things. comp.protocols.time.ntp had some of the first reports of NTP reflection attacks back last November, for example.

Edit: I'm curious as to how many people still use an actual newsreader for stuff like this, I assume they must exist.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

scroogle nmaps posted:

Edit: I'm curious as to how many people still use an actual newsreader for stuff like this, I assume they must exist.

pan, the pimp-rear end newsreader. :allears:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Hogburto posted:

Just noticed there's no built-in way to tell Sick Beard to prefer h.264/x264 over xvid. :sigh:

I believe you can set it to ignore xvid (aka posts with the string xvid in them), but if you're searching for SD and the only post is Xvid, it just won't pull anything. There's no quality setting that differentiates xvid from x264.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FISHMANPET posted:

I believe you can set it to ignore xvid (aka posts with the string xvid in them)
I think you're remembering the page in Couch Potato. This is all you can do from Sick Beard's build-in interface.

Gonna have to run from source and write some REGEX when I get around to it, I suppose.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
There's a setting in advanced settings (though I guess it's not even documented on the wiki).

Basically setup a file for advanced settings like this: https://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/AdvancedSettings Actually nevermind, all the settings are in config.ini, even ones you configure through the web interface. So just shut down Sickbeard and edit the existing file.
And then add this to the file: http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4312

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Madness. I'll probably filter xvid out before adding new shows and doing bulk backlog searches. Thanks for finding that.

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie

B-Nasty posted:

Assuming you're using one of the FF/Chrome SAB plugins, it could just be screwed up. Mine would do that on occasion after not closing the browser for a long while or resuming from sleep. Try closing browser (verify/kill in task manager) and reopen. If that doesn't work, disable/re-enable or re-install the plugin. Usually just closing the browser fixes it for me.

Thanks! Apparently this is only an issue for me on dognzb.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Okay, I just took my first dip into Usenet. I got a 10GB plan with GigaNews but I am totally lost from there. I've been browsing the newsgroups that show up in my list while using Mimo but they all seem to be overrun with spam or otherwise dead since 2003. The most popular .binaries. groups don't show up in my list, as if GN has them blacklisted or something. Am I missing something?

I'm totally lost, any help is appreciated

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

FFStudios posted:

Okay, I just took my first dip into Usenet. I got a 10GB plan with GigaNews but I am totally lost from there. I've been browsing the newsgroups that show up in my list while using Mimo but they all seem to be overrun with spam or otherwise dead since 2003. The most popular .binaries. groups don't show up in my list, as if GN has them blacklisted or something. Am I missing something?

I'm totally lost, any help is appreciated

Few people bother using news readers directly anymore. What you need is an NZB site (like dognzb) and a NZB Downloader (like SABNZBD). NZBs are like torrents, in that they are small files you download from a site and feed into a downloader, but whereas torrents link to a server where you can connect to peers who have pieces of the file you want, an NZB has a list of where each file part is on the newsgroups. SAB will find all these files (using your GigaNews sub), piece all of them together, fix up any files that didn't download perfectly, and spit out the linux iso you were looking for.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Does nab.su delete accounts for inactivity? I see that I have an account listed in my password manager, but it tells me the login isn't found if I try to login.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Best Android app to manage multiple servers? I want to add both the local address and external one for times when Usenet knocks out my lovely internet but also manage outside of my home. Adding nzbs and reordering downloads would be nice as well.

Thanks in advance!