Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So, if i schedule SABnzbd to pause all downloads at 12:00 and resume all downloads are 00:00, will any downloads that Sonarr adds during the day (between 12:00 and 00:00 when i don't want it to download) start paused or will they just start downloading and pause at noon the next day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insularis
Sep 21, 2002

Donated $20. Get well, Lowtax.
Fun Shoe

Dongattack posted:

So, if i schedule SABnzbd to pause all downloads at 12:00 and resume all downloads are 00:00, will any downloads that Sonarr adds during the day (between 12:00 and 00:00 when i don't want it to download) start paused or will they just start downloading and pause at noon the next day?

They'll get added to SABNZBD, but they won't download until your scheduler ticks over. They will be marked as "not paused" when added, but the master SABNZBD process won't download them until the schedule hits.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
You should look into setting up SQM/QoS for your network instead of fiddling with schedulers, that is such a horrible approach.

But to answer your question, pausing SAB means it won't download anything. The Force priority level may or may not bypass this, can't remember. Unless you pause individual jobs, they will run when the program is unpaused again.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

insularis posted:

They'll get added to SABNZBD, but they won't download until your scheduler ticks over. They will be marked as "not paused" when added, but the master SABNZBD process won't download them until the schedule hits.

Fantastic. Thank you.

Keito posted:

You should look into setting up SQM/QoS for your network instead of fiddling with schedulers, that is such a horrible approach.

But to answer your question, pausing SAB means it won't download anything. The Force priority level may or may not bypass this, can't remember. Unless you pause individual jobs, they will run when the program is unpaused again.

I don't know what SQM is and googling brought me to a Chilean mining company which i hope is not what i need :tinfoil:
But QoS sounds interesting and i will 100% look into that when i recharge my brain.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Is anyone else unable to get to nzb.su without going through a VPN first? I've only noticed this in the last couple days.

e: Using Spectrum

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

speedtek posted:

Is anyone else unable to get to nzb.su without going through a VPN first? I've only noticed this in the last couple days.

e: Using Spectrum

Works for me, might just be a bad route or they blacklisted an IP range you're on or something.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Nitr0 posted:

Well nextgennews is gone. What’s the next best backup provider?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For those who use the lists function to auto add popular movies in from Trakt or whatever, have you found an easy way to see what it's brought in altogether? I'm happy to let it add stuff, but would be nice to go through that stuff every now and again so I can purge the stuff I know I don't actually want.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
People in two people in russia and india tried to access my Synology NAS DS218+. Their IP was auto blocked it says. How can i stop stuff like that? I don't want people to try and get into it D:

edit: "relax it happens to everyone" and "dont have SSH enabled when you're not using it" is what google told me. I have SSH on still i'm p sure from setting up some stuff, just gonna try to remember how i turned it on so i can turn it off.

edit2: found it under Terminal & SNMP under Control Panel. you're welcome random google person googling this 2 years from now on and welcome to our dead and gay forums

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 28, 2018

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
Newgroup Ninja decided that offering free Usenet was not good for business,so yesterday they told me to give them a credit card soon. It's still cheap ($5.99), still getting at 29MB/s (that's bytes not bits)so yea ... quite worth it.

Dongattack posted:

People in two people in russia and india tried to access my Synology NAS DS218+. Their IP was auto blocked it says. How can i stop stuff like that? I don't want people to try and get into it D:

edit: "relax it happens to everyone" and "dont have SSH enabled when you're not using it" is what google told me. I have SSH on still i'm p sure from setting up some stuff, just gonna try to remember how i turned it on so i can turn it off.

edit2: found it under Terminal & SNMP under Control Panel. you're welcome random google person googling this 2 years from now on and welcome to our dead and gay forums

"relax it happens to everyone"
"dont have SSH enabled when you're not using it"

And that's all you can do (almost). If you have a computer/device/whatever accessible from the internet, on any port, there is a 100% chance that someone from the internet will try to access it. What can you do to minimize the intrusions, while still having the device available from outside:

1) Whitelist IPs. That is, block everything and only allow certain known IPs to contact you on whatever port you're listening. It may or may not be possible to do this.
2) If you're using well known services (like SSH) change the port. It doesn't do anything to protect you, but it may discourage flyby "hackers" that just probe for known ports.
3) Secure as much as you can the service that you are exposing. For SSH one thing can be to disable password authentication (only public key). To only allow your user to log in. Little tricks that can make ssh a tiny little bit safer.

Volguus fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 28, 2018

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Why aren't you firewalling incoming connections at the router? Drop those incoming connections!

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Is there a tool that’ll go and get subtitles for videos, preferably matching the scene release
I know couch potato has (had?) a subtitles feature, but it’s not something that’ll backfill existing stuff, and doesn’t cover tv

DashingGentleman
Nov 10, 2009
https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle

This is what you want. I've personally always found subtitles to be the flakiest bit of the whole PlexUsenet Linux iso experience.

Edit: Ah, this is the Usenet thread. In that case, this is the thing: https://github.com/caronc/nzb-subliminal

DashingGentleman fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jan 28, 2018

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dongattack posted:

Leave ssh on but don't expose the port to the internet. Your router might have VPN functionality so just set that up and you'll still be able to access it remotely by using the VPN and public connections will cease.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

GutBomb posted:

Leave ssh on but don't expose the port to the internet. Your router might have VPN functionality so just set that up and you'll still be able to access it remotely by using the VPN and public connections will cease.

I don't need to access it remotely so i just turned SSH off, thank you tho! I needed SSH in the setup process to get PGID and PUID via this guide i was following, but i didn't really understand what SSH was so i didn't turn it off until last night.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
So, Lidarr setup.. does anyone else have the problem of not being able to add any artists due to an Invalid Root Folder path?

The Root Folder path is empty when I go to add, but when I go Add New Path, it rejects P:\ServerFolders\Music (P being a DrivePool pool).

I know it's quite new, but it's being set up the same as Sonarr and Radarr with regard to paths, and I'm confused.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Tapedump posted:

So, Lidarr setup.. does anyone else have the problem of not being able to add any artists due to an Invalid Root Folder path?

The Root Folder path is empty when I go to add, but when I go Add New Path, it rejects P:\ServerFolders\Music (P being a DrivePool pool).

I know it's quite new, but it's being set up the same as Sonarr and Radarr with regard to paths, and I'm confused.

You have to run the service as your user, if you install it as a service and map network drives using a different username/pass it gets super confused and basically refuses to work.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Ah, thank you--like SABnzbD needs, gotcha!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone here familiar with NZBfinder? I'm trying to create an RSS feed based on specific search terms but I can't figure out where the search terms need to go in the URL example they give you in the documentation.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Incessant Excess posted:

Anyone here familiar with NZBfinder? I'm trying to create an RSS feed based on specific search terms but I can't figure out where the search terms need to go in the URL example they give you in the documentation.

Click on the API section and it has the info:

quote:

Search ?t=search&q=linux
Returns a list of nzbs matching a query. You can also filter by site category by including a comma separated list of categories as follows ?t=search&cat=1000,2000. Include &extended=1 to return extended information in the search results.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
That's what I tried to use but adding

code:
https://nzbfinder.ws/api?apikey=MY_APIKEY_HERE?t=search&q=LINUX
as an RSS feed to Sabnzbd does not work.

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 30, 2018

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
code:
https://nzbfinder.ws/api?t=search&q=linux&apikey=keyFromProfile
Works for me, just tested it and generated a feed.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Thank you so much, this format worked for me as well. Is there any way to prevent Sabnzdb from downloading duplicate results from the feed? Some stuff just gets indexed twice with the exact same name.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Incessant Excess posted:

Thank you so much, this format worked for me as well. Is there any way to prevent Sabnzdb from downloading duplicate results from the feed? Some stuff just gets indexed twice with the exact same name.

Nzbget does this and generally works better than sabnzbd. If there is a way you can use nzbget instead I highly recommend it.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Incessant Excess posted:

I don't use SAB anymore so I don't know but as Gutbomb said nzbget by default has this feature.

You could also check the SAB options for prevent duplicate downloads, its been like 4 years since I used SAB but I remember it being there somewhere.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Incessant Excess posted:

That's what I tried to use but adding

code:
https://nzbfinder.ws/api?apikey=MY_APIKEY_HERE?t=search&q=LINUX
as an RSS feed to Sabnzbd does not work.

You have two question marks. Replace the one after the API key with an ampersand and you'll probably be fine.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'll give nzbget a look, hopefully migrating won't be too difficult.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Dongattack posted:

Anyone got a Plex home server running sabnzbd, sonarr, radar, etc? Which OS did you use for it?

I use Ubuntu Server. Not sure if it's the best choice, but I had experience with it already.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Has anyone migrated to the new NZB Hydra? I am still running the older version but thought about switching since it will no longer be updated.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

ClassH posted:

Has anyone migrated to the new NZB Hydra? I am still running the older version but thought about switching since it will no longer be updated.

Yeah I spun up a docker of it last week but it had a lot of bugs so I decided to hold off until its more mature. The python version is pretty stable so you're fine for the time being.

Anyone come up with a decent landing page or something for all of their services? I'm using nginx for a reverse proxy but hate making bookmarks for everything individually. I dislike Organizr, htpc-manager and etc. Maybe I'll just do up a static HTML page with links to each and .htpasswd it.

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
I use this for my landing page, https://github.com/ITRav4/PlexRedirect . Links to everything I need and is pretty simple. I added buttons to sonarr and radarr myself, which didn't take much work.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

DJ Burette posted:

I use this for my landing page, https://github.com/ITRav4/PlexRedirect . Links to everything I need and is pretty simple. I added buttons to sonarr and radarr myself, which didn't take much work.

Perfect, thanks man.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is there a way to have Sonarr start some downloads in SABnzbd at a very low priority and then some downloads at a high priority of the same item?
Basically i want Sonarr to grab whatever it can find of the item when it becomes available and have SABnzbd move that to the very top of the download list, BUT i want Sonarr to continue to find better versions of that item and continuously improve it at the bottom of the SABnzbd download que.

derk
Sep 24, 2004

ClassH posted:

I had a hell of a time getting Hydra to play nicely with my indexer and nzbget, so, I gave up and went to sonarr instead. I couldn't be happier, after some basic permissions tinkering with sonarr and nzbget, sonarr finds releases on my indexer, sends nzbs to nzbget which then unpacks and cleans it all up and sonarr then moves the files into my tv directory for Plex and then updates my plex library for me automatically. Also, I put sonarr and nzbget in the same jail to further simplify that process.

derk fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 7, 2018

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

derk posted:

I had a hell of a time getting Hydra to play nicely with sonarr, so, I gave up and went to nzbget instead.

I don't understand this sentence.

Nzbget and Hydra don't do the same thing.

derk
Sep 24, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

I don't understand this sentence.

Nzbget and Hydra don't do the same thing.

fixed.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

derk posted:

fixed.

I'm still confused at what you were actually trying to accomplish.

Hydra and Sonarr don't do the same thing either. Hydra would be the indexer you add to Sonarr and then Sonarr uses nzbget to download the things.

derk
Sep 24, 2004
Basically, I didn't like hydra. I really only needed to find TV shows, so sonarr worked. I only have 1 indexer. I couldnt get hydra to work properly and gave up. I also tried sabnzbd before nzbget and preferred nzbget, more so of more familiarity with it than sab.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is there something Hydra does beyond searching multiple indexers at once that I'm not seeing? It seems like it'd be completely useless when using a single indexer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Is there something Hydra does beyond searching multiple indexers at once that I'm not seeing? It seems like it'd be completely useless when using a single indexer.

It would be useless with a single indexer. I probably wouldn't even use it for 2. It is nice when you get 3 or more though since it's 1 place to plug them all in and search.