Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Thermopyle posted:

The main problem I have with subs is forced subs.

Watching a movie and then I'm wondering "is this part supposed to be in another language without captions or is it missing forced subs?".

Agreed. I don't really know what a good workaround is. I guess if there were a distinction between closed captions and regional translations? Most sub files you have to choose between two types of 'english' to find the right one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

The best you can do as far as i can tell when you're using Kodi is to install the subtitle downloader plugin, and search for the term "forced". In case you didn't know this (I didn't for years), thats what subtitles for a secondary language only are called.

It's still not a great solution, but its what we've got.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I must be blessed because plex handles all that poo poo for me no issues.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Most of the time it should. If the audio track says English, it’ll auto select English Forced subs. If the audio track doesn’t say English (the ever popular ‘Unknown’ for example), it’ll auto select English subs.

It’s when the forced track isn’t there, or something is mislabeled is when the problems start. It works often enough that it’s why people usually get minutes into a foreign conversation before wondering ‘wait, should I know what’s going on here?’

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Yeah, that's exactly it. It's not a matter of plex or kodi doing something right or wrong.

It's a matter of 35% of movies are uploaded with the forced subs not included and 25% of movie scenes with foreign language having no subs by design.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

My apologies...Read the past few pages.

Looks like astraweb has no effin clue what they are doing again.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

My apologies...Read the past few pages.

Looks like astraweb has no effin clue what they are doing again.

After they screwed up with PayPal, I switched to Blocknews and haven't looked back.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Nzbget v20 is out and apparently has huge performance increases, not that I ever found it lacking in speed.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

ILikeVoltron posted:

Until they shut down the account, which they've done to a bunch of people on r/datahorders

That's because they've purchased accounts on eBay right ?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

plester1 posted:

After they screwed up with PayPal, I switched to Blocknews and haven't looked back.

Hmmm....care to explain a little. Astraweb says "gently caress you" on the paypal poo poo yet still going strong. I have a frew blockfeeds of course, but Blocknews is new to me.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hmmm....care to explain a little. Astraweb says "gently caress you" on the paypal poo poo yet still going strong. I have a frew blockfeeds of course, but Blocknews is new to me.

Block news is another highwinds reseller (they used to not be). There are a million and probably cheaper ones.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Ok, thanks.

Not sure on their naming conventions and how they are zipped but things are coming down a lot easier.

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
Is Radarr solid enough now? I've been patiently waiting with my broken rear end CouchPotato setup.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

xgalaxy posted:

Is Radarr solid enough now? I've been patiently waiting with my broken rear end CouchPotato setup.

I honestly don't know when it wasn't better than CP, even in beta.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

xgalaxy posted:

I've been using it daily and no real problems to report.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Switch to radarr and never look back

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
I've installed radarr last week and it's pretty stable. Anyone have a RSS feed that has a list of certified fresh movies from RT?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Is the OP still fairly accurate for getting into all this?

Please keep in mind I'm stupid and need poo poo explicitly spelled out for me.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

xgalaxy posted:

Yes, welcome to years ago.

salted hash browns
Mar 26, 2007
ykrop

Oldstench posted:

Is the OP still fairly accurate for getting into all this?

Please keep in mind I'm stupid and need poo poo explicitly spelled out for me.

Generally yes except use nzbget instead of sabnzbd

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Speaking of stable, anyone switch from the old NZB Hydra to the new one yet? I'm still on the old one and it works great but was wondering if I should switch.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

ClassH posted:

Speaking of stable, anyone switch from the old NZB Hydra to the new one yet? I'm still on the old one and it works great but was wondering if I should switch.

I've been running it for a month or so and it's noticeably faster. I haven't had any issues.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

ClassH posted:

Started using hydra2 a couple of months back, and it's been performing pretty well on my hardware. The old one was ramming my CPU and especially disk so hard with every single search it was slowing other processes down, and in the end corrupted its database in some way and became completely inaccessible through the web interface, which was when I finally pulled the plug.

The Java one has stopped working a couple times where it seemed like the thread pool manager gave up and died. Doubled its RAM allocation from the default setting and haven't had any more trouble. Not yet, anyway.

nuvan
Mar 29, 2008

And the gentle call of the feral 3am "Everything is going so well you can't help but panic."

ClassH posted:

I tried to upgrade a few months back, but my system has Java 9 installed, and hydra wouldn't work worth it. At the time it was set to wontfix, as the underlying problem was with spring, the web framework it uses.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

nuvan posted:

I tried to upgrade a few months back, but my system has Java 9 installed, and hydra wouldn't work worth it. At the time it was set to wontfix, as the underlying problem was with spring, the web framework it uses.

You can download Java 8 from oracle, unpack it somewhere and point nzbhydra to use that JRE instead of the global one. Then you can still have java 9 but use 8 for those programs that still only work with it.

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
You should be running your services in separate docker containers. Way easier and you don't have to worry about crap like that.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I can't login to Sonarr anymore since updating. I'm using the forms login and when I enter my username/password I'm just met with a 500 error. If I refresh or try to manually type the url of another page it just diverts me back to the login page. Has anybody else experienced this?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Tea Bone posted:

I can't login to Sonarr anymore since updating. I'm using the forms login and when I enter my username/password I'm just met with a 500 error. If I refresh or try to manually type the url of another page it just diverts me back to the login page. Has anybody else experienced this?

What does the log say?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

salted hash browns posted:

Cool thanks.

Can you or someone else tell me why whenever I look for providers I keep seeing warnings about such and such a provider being "just a Highwinds reseller"? Is this so people don't just pay multiple providers who use the exact same source?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Exactly. Nothing wrong with Highwinds for the most part, but no point paying for an unlimited from them and also a block account that sources from the same place.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Anyone else had a problem lately with NZBGet showing a file as failed but it being a success? I'd say about 50% of my files now show failed but nothing has actually failed. Sonarr still picks up the file ok and it works through Plex just fine.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

suddenlyissoon posted:

Anyone else had a problem lately with NZBGet showing a file as failed but it being a success? I'd say about 50% of my files now show failed but nothing has actually failed. Sonarr still picks up the file ok and it works through Plex just fine.

I had that the other day. I wondered if it was just confused or if it failed to decompress it and Sonarr did it just fine instead. :shrug:

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

suddenlyissoon posted:

A few of my grabs from nzb.su were doing that, there was a thread on the nzbget forums about it IIRC. I just sort of ignored it for now since it doesn't affect anything and I assume when my dockers auto-update it will go away.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
After the Hydra2 comments I replaced my Hydra1 docker container this week, seems to be working ok.
https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/hydra2/

The auto upgrade worked well, and the only config change I had to make was setting an api key for sonarr/radarr to connect with. I'd just left it blank for Hydra1, but it looks like 2 requires it.
The speed never bothered me for my use case, and being in docker I don't care about the dependencies, but I wanted to be on an actively maintained product.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

gabensraum posted:

After the Hydra2 comments I replaced my Hydra1 docker container this week, seems to be working ok.
https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/hydra2/

The auto upgrade worked well, and the only config change I had to make was setting an api key for sonarr/radarr to connect with. I'd just left it blank for Hydra1, but it looks like 2 requires it.
The speed never bothered me for my use case, and being in docker I don't care about the dependencies, but I wanted to be on an actively maintained product.

The auto upgrade didn't work for me but it was no big deal to run the old next to the new and transfer over the settings individually. Then update sonarr and radarr. Seems to be working well and like you said now actively maintained.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Can i get Plex to automatically download subtitles in two languages (English & Norwegian) without using opensubtitles.org? It's blocked in my country because ??? we are retarded

I managed to bypass the block on my actual computer with some DNS stuff, but i don't think i managed to do it on my Synology NAS cause it's not downloading and applying subtitles at least.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Dongattack posted:

Can i get Plex to automatically download subtitles in two languages (English & Norwegian) without using opensubtitles.org? It's blocked in my country because ??? we are retarded

I managed to bypass the block on my actual computer with some DNS stuff, but i don't think i managed to do it on my Synology NAS cause it's not downloading and applying subtitles at least.

This subliminal wrapper will probably work for you
https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Keito posted:

This subliminal wrapper will probably work for you
https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle

Thank you! It seems to be working.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

salted hash browns posted:

As someone who still uses sabnzbd, why is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

tzirean posted:

As someone who still uses sabnzbd, why is this?

Nzbget is coded in C rather than sabnzbd's Python, so it is and always will be lighter and more nimble.