Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure there's a migration app to copy stuff from one NAS to another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Dongattack posted:

Question about Synology NAS's for anyone that know a bit about them.

You should be able to physically move the disks to a new chassis if you're going from a multi bay Synology to another one. Lots of details here:

https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/General/How_to_migrate_between_Synology_NAS_DSM_5_0_and_later

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Is there a way to get a Windows 10 notification when nzbget starts downloading? I often forget my queue is unpaused and stuff gets added from Sonarr while I'm gaming.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
You could have sonarr send a notification when it grabs something. I used to use pushbullet, but it supports a lot of different services.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

bigis posted:

Is there a way to get a Windows 10 notification when nzbget starts downloading? I often forget my queue is unpaused and stuff gets added from Sonarr while I'm gaming.

You could also set a speed limit in nzbget to like half of your available bandwidth during the hours you normally game.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Or set up QoS on your router.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
I did have it capped at half but I was still getting ping spikes. My cheapo ISP provided router doesn’t have QoS, maybe I should get a new one.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

bigis posted:

I did have it capped at half but I was still getting ping spikes. My cheapo ISP provided router doesn’t have QoS, maybe I should get a new one.

You should definitely not be renting a router from your ISP. It's one of the most important devices in your home.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Yeah you’re right. It’s not rented, it’s a $59 AUD outright ZTE (I know.. :ohdear:) ADSL2+ modem/router. I’ll probably upgrade to some Ubiquti gear next year when I move to cable internet.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
My download speed sucks, so basically I want to automate a process of pausing SAB when I get home and unpausing when I leave. Has anyone done anything with IFTTT or anything else to do something like this?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

EC posted:

My download speed sucks, so basically I want to automate a process of pausing SAB when I get home and unpausing when I leave. Has anyone done anything with IFTTT or anything else to do something like this?

You can make use of scheduling. NZBget also has scheduling for those using it as well.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I use scheduling now, but my schedule is flexible enough that it'd be better if I could trigger pause/unpause when I arrive/leave the house.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I haven't done it personally but it looks pretty trivial with the nzbget API. Just basic geofencing, have something (I assume IFTTT) trigger the PauseDownload command via JSON-RPC when you connect to your home network Wifi on your phone and Unpause when you aren't connected anymore.

If you leave your phone at the house that might be an issue but who does that anymore?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Do you guys pay for a usenet indexer? I've just been using the free ones and they seem to work perfectly, but wondering if i'm missing out on anything.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Dongattack posted:

Do you guys pay for a usenet indexer? I've just been using the free ones and they seem to work perfectly, but wondering if i'm missing out on anything.

I used to 10 years ago for a very popular one, that shut down after a few years (forget the name). Only a year or two ago i convinced myself to give $10 to nzbcat. But normally, no. They're dime-a-dozen, appearing and dissapearing like mushrooms after a rain. Been using free ones as much as i can.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I pay for one, but haven't been happy with it lately (.su). I'm not cool enough to figure out how to get into one of the elite indexers

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Volguus posted:

I used to 10 years ago for a very popular one, that shut down after a few years (forget the name).

Newzbin. They were the indexer for a long time, until Hollywood got them shut down.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Dongattack posted:

I used to until I got into private trackers, now I just use a free one for Sonarr auto downloads on shows I forget to snag manually

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Whats the difference between the private/invite only indexers and the free ones?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I've paid for several, including private ones, and I have nonpaid accounts on more. I wouldn't hesitate to pay for lifetime VIG on Geek or PFMonkey again, and when those inevitably get shut down, I'll pay for others. The improved pretimes and decreased DMCA rate is worth the cost for me even though I've been burned a couple times. I'm most bitter about Dognzb, because they pulled a giant bait and switch. I paid for a lifetime membership. I got two years.

Nzbs.org (long since closed) is the best, but you can't get in.

SymmetryrtemmyS fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 28, 2018

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I probably would’ve paid for omgwtf’s service if it wasn’t limited to crypto, as they seem to get a ton of stuff. However, nzbs.orgs (completely locked down now) seems to have a lot more group traffic than before and they’ve never charged a penny, so they’re still my fave.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
.org, .in and Dog are probably the best for P2P content despite Dog being slimey fucks about lifetime accounts. Thankfully even though I paid for lifetime and have a "limited" account now with them, it still works relatively well for manually downloading. If you don't care about higher quality p2p releases and don't mind scene then you're generally going to be fine on a free indexer. I mainly use Dog/nzbs.org/.in as well but the latter two are impossible to get into while Dog is, but it's fairly expensive.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Heard rumors about some german sites that obfuscate the hell out of everything and don't get hit with takedowns. Not sure if they're still around or not.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

skipdogg posted:

Heard rumors about some german sites that obfuscate the hell out of everything and don't get hit with takedowns. Not sure if they're still around or not.
Not sure all the private forums are gone but Town was shut down for basically being the house uploader for SSL-News and another got scared and stopped.

It's a real shame since those binaries will be online for years but they're not indexed.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Wasn’t there also that project to index usenet on usenet itself?

Did that take off? I’m guessing it didn’t.

That seemed a cool idea.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Horse Clocks posted:

Wasn’t there also that project to index usenet on usenet itself?

Did that take off? I’m guessing it didn’t.

That seemed a cool idea.

Spotweb still exists and works kind of, but it seems like the Netherlands is its largest userbase. If you need NL subs for something it's got it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Most of my usenetting is done automatically through Sonarr, but the free Dognzb account works fine for me. You get enough API hits in a day to ping the site four times an hour.

Speaking of which, I apparently have Dognzb invites, though it doesn't say how many. You can PM me if you want one, but if you've never bothered to post in this thread, I may just ignore you.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Rexxed posted:

Spotweb still exists and works kind of, but it seems like the Netherlands is its largest userbase. If you need NL subs for something it's got it.

While there are dutch subs on some movies, most of them have them external, so they can be disabled/deleted. Some movies do have them hardcoded though, that's true. Since it's a set & forget system, to not have it is kinda foolish. I have mine for a long time now (since newzbin died) and I am very happy with it. I get a lot of crap from there.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

No invite discussion!

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 29, 2018

salted hash browns
Mar 26, 2007
ykrop
No invite discussion please. If you're looking for that sort of thing try this: https://discord.gg/5nmezkt

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Volguus posted:

While there are dutch subs on some movies, most of them have them external, so they can be disabled/deleted. Some movies do have them hardcoded though, that's true. Since it's a set & forget system, to not have it is kinda foolish. I have mine for a long time now (since newzbin died) and I am very happy with it. I get a lot of crap from there.

Yeah I've been surprised that it's kept going and only used 16GB in user data since 2012.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Can't seem to get Radarr to find any search results on a server I'm setting up. I'm trying NZBHydra but also NZBCat directly. Everything works fine when using Sonarr though and all the tests between indexers and downloaders is working. I'm also using the same settings as my existing server so it's confusing me. Here's what the logs for NZBHydra say:

2018-06-29 18:55:01,046 - INFO - web - Thread-4 - API search request: SearchRequest [ type "movie", identifier_key "imdbid" , identifier_value "4686844", forbiddenWords "[]", requiredWords "[]", offset "0", loadAll "False", limit "100" ]
2018-06-29 18:55:01,046 - INFO - search - Thread-4 - Starting new search: SearchRequest [ type "movie", identifier_key "imdbid" , identifier_value "4686844", forbiddenWords "[]", requiredWords "[]", offset "0", loadAll "False", limit "100" ]
2018-06-29 18:55:01,071 - WARNING - search - Thread-4 - No indexers were selected for this search:
2018-06-29 18:55:01,080 - INFO - search_module - Thread-5 - nzbcat: Starting search
2018-06-29 18:55:01,241 - INFO - search_module - Thread-5 - nzbcat: Query returned no results
2018-06-29 18:55:01,271 - INFO - search - Thread-4 - nzbcat returned 0 results
2018-06-29 18:55:01,271 - INFO - search - Thread-4 - Removed 0 duplicates from 0 results
2018-06-29 18:55:01,272 - INFO - search - Thread-4 - All indexers exhausted
2018-06-29 18:55:01,272 - INFO - search - Thread-4 - Returning 0 results
2018-06-29 18:55:01,285 - INFO - web - Thread-4 - API search request completed in 239 ms

I thought maybe the part I bolded was why but it says the same thing when trying Sonarr. Searching directly on NZBCat shows results for the title.

edit: I think for some reason that movie just doesn't exist on that tracker. When I searched manually I did see it though and it's fairly new so I'm surprised.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 30, 2018

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Newzbin. They were the indexer for a long time, until Hollywood got them shut down.

I still hold a weekly vigil for the demise of that one. Nothing has been able to touch it since.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Anyone had an issue where NZBGet is ignoring where the path for intermediate and completed downloads go?

Mine will just toss them into ProgramData\NZBGet\Complete but I've got it set for D:\NZBGet\Complete. I've verified it multiple times and even rebooted since. :confused:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Both Sonarr and Radarr suck rear end at grabbing things I tell them to grab.

EG. Sonarr is set to get $show in 720/1080p with the max allowed size set to 8gb. it doesnt do anything, however my indexer shows both 720 and 1080p available, well within the size range I have set. I have my system set so that my server turns on approx. 30min after the uploaded time of the 1080P file, and sonarr is set to run on startup and do a scan for missing files.

Sonarr does identify that the episode is missing and wanted but refuses to action (and then, when manually downloaded, wont identify that the file is now waiting to be processed and renamed/moved to the directory)

Radarr seems to just ignore any releases that arent after the official blu-ray release date (i have it set to wait for physical releases only, but they are frequently being released before the official physical release date on my indexer)

What gives?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Laserface posted:

Both Sonarr and Radarr suck rear end at grabbing things I tell them to grab.

EG. Sonarr is set to get $show in 720/1080p with the max allowed size set to 8gb. it doesnt do anything, however my indexer shows both 720 and 1080p available, well within the size range I have set. I have my system set so that my server turns on approx. 30min after the uploaded time of the 1080P file, and sonarr is set to run on startup and do a scan for missing files.

Sonarr does identify that the episode is missing and wanted but refuses to action (and then, when manually downloaded, wont identify that the file is now waiting to be processed and renamed/moved to the directory)

Radarr seems to just ignore any releases that arent after the official blu-ray release date (i have it set to wait for physical releases only, but they are frequently being released before the official physical release date on my indexer)

What gives?

Sounds like double user error.

Sonarr is looking for new episodes by refreshing indexer RSS feeds without any specific searching except for limiting categories. If your computer comes up half an hour late, the release might already be bumped off the feed at that point.

Telling Radarr to wait for physical releases means exactly that, you've told it not to jump at anything before the official release date.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Keito posted:

Sounds like double user error.

Sonarr is looking for new episodes by refreshing indexer RSS feeds without any specific searching except for limiting categories. If your computer comes up half an hour late, the release might already be bumped off the feed at that point.

Telling Radarr to wait for physical releases means exactly that, you've told it not to jump at anything before the official release date.

Thanks, Although Sonarr should be using the API calls for NZBs.org, since I have that configured. Or am I misunderstanding?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Laserface posted:

Thanks, Although Sonarr should be using the API calls for NZBs.org, since I have that configured. Or am I misunderstanding?

The api is just rss. The api key is the authentication method so you aren’t transmitting your username and password.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Right, so I just need to tweak the boot schedule to see if waking up earlier triggers a scan that hits a result.

Radarr seems to be working again after an update. It wouldn't auto update so I had to do it manually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

I think sonarr/radarr work best if you just leave them running permanently and let it figure out when to grab stuff. It know when shows should become available, and starts searching at appropriate times i believe.