Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Is anyone using headphones? I'm wondering how to get the post processing working... or does it work? I saw a few things from a few months about talking about how its wasn't implemented yet, but then another newer post making it sound like its up and working.

Am I wrong to assume there is a script thats needed (like sickbeard) for sab to initiate the post processing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

deong posted:

Is anyone using headphones? I'm wondering how to get the post processing working... or does it work? I saw a few things from a few months about talking about how its wasn't implemented yet, but then another newer post making it sound like its up and working.

Am I wrong to assume there is a script thats needed (like sickbeard) for sab to initiate the post processing?
It works, no script. Just point Headphones to the place where the files gets dumped.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Does anyone know about adding subtitles to sickbeard?

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

kri kri posted:

Does anyone know about adding subtitles to sickbeard?

Subtitles for TV series aren't uploaded until about 6-12 hours later at the very least. Not sure how that would work though.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Getting this error from Sickbeard when I try to add a certain show:
Error trying to add show: maximum recursion depth exceeded

Seems to only happen with this show, as I picked a few random shows to add just to see what happened and they came out fine. I'm running Sickbeard on UnRAID (linux) and this is the first problem with the setup I've had.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 21, 2011

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Please, tell us what other shows you are stealing.

rear end in a top hat

Edit: try it without the dash

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 21, 2011

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Please, tell us what other shows you are stealing.

rear end in a top hat

Edit: try it without the dash

Edited the show, but it was released (though incompletely) on DVD, which is what I'm trying to store.

rear end in a top hat

Still getting the problem. It's happening when I try to add the show to the database, not when it's scanning files and such. Will keep working on it.

10-8
Oct 2, 2003

Level 14 Bureaucrat
Haven't been able to connect to Supernews since last night. Anyone else having this problem?

code:
[Errno 111] Failed to connect: (110, 'timed out') [email]-1@news.supernews.com[/email]:443
I tried switching ports. The EU server works fine. It's only the US server.

10-8 fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 21, 2011

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008
I'm getting failed login.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I can connect just fine to Supernews.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Some files I want are broken or missing but not in a way SABnzbd accepts so they are forever "downloading" at 0kbps.
Is there a way to force it to create incomplete rar files so I can repair them?
They're currently sitting in a folder as 2200 pieces.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Does Sickbeard have the ability to look for different show names? For example, the TVDB might have a show listed as "Show Name: The Anime" but the scene will post nzbs as "Show Name: TAS" or something wacky.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

EC posted:

Does Sickbeard have the ability to look for different show names? For example, the TVDB might have a show listed as "Show Name: The Anime" but the scene will post nzbs as "Show Name: TAS" or something wacky.

No.

I had to create a saved search on NZBMatrix and subscribe to that RSS feed in SAB. I then wrote a simple little python post-processing script that SAB uses on every item in that feed. The script renames the episodes to what Sickbeard expects and then calls the Sickbeard post-processing script with the renamed file.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

EC posted:

You can request a scene exception.
http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2227

quote:

Some times we need a "scene exception" so that Sickbeard can find shows on the index sites.

For example "Show Name: TAS" .. it is also named "Show Name: The Anime" some times.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

You can request a scene exception.
http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2227

I suppose I'll do that, then. Thanks!

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...
Thecubenet.com has shown their Black Friday hand. Highwinds re-seller but may be hot for some.
code:
*  $4.99/month 20 SSL encrypted connections (500 available)

Block Plans (no expiration date, 50 SSL encrypted connections, 
1118+ retention, US & EU Servers, 24/7 Support)

*  $1.79/month 25GB unlimited speed (500 available)  
*  $2.99/month 50GB unlimited speed (500 available)
*  $6.99/month 100GB unlimited speed (500 available)
*  $10.99/month 200GB unlimited speed (500 available)
*  $24.99/month 500GB unlimited speed (500 available)
*  $49.99/month 1000GB unlimited speed (500 available)

Edit: sold out of $4.99 plan.

Polluxx Troy fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 24, 2011

a63548
Mar 20, 2004
Here's a black Friday deal from Usenetnow/Blocknews:

http://blocknews.net/holidays/index.html

Usenetnow

quote:

Beginning Thanksgiving Night at 1 AM EST, you can purchase a monthly subscription for only $8.99! Don't miss out! Black Friday Inventory of only 250 Accounts Available At This Price!

Subscribe with us and see why our Black Friday unlimited accounts are the best value, dollar for dollar. Other Black Friday sales try to come close, only to cancel, throttle your speeds or disable your access for downloading to much!
Edit: Looks like the $8.99 deal is sold out.

Blocknews

quote:

Up for grabs at Blocknews through the end of the year is 100 Gigabytes for $6.99! Pay only once and take your time to use it up! Never any rebilling! Why pay monthly for usenet when you only need access every now and again? All accounts include SSL encryption, our industry leading retention, posting & great service all with access to our servers located in the US and Europe! Price Available through Christmas or when inventory is exhausted.

See why thousands of users come to Blocknews to get better pricing, better service and to fill in the gaps of other "bargain providers" who have poor completion!

I signed up for the unlimited Usenetnow account for testing, and will probably get a 100GB Blocknews account as well later.

a63548 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 25, 2011

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

a63548 posted:

I signed up for the unlimited Usenetnow account for testing, and will probably get a 100GB Blocknews account as well later.

I've had a Blocknews account running as my backup for a long time, they work perfectly. That 6.99 deal is extremely cheap.

Are there any other providers that offer block accounts? I'd like a second backup as well.

e: Hmm, can't seem to add 100gb to an existing account with that deal, probably have to create a new one.

zeekner fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Nov 25, 2011

Posts Only Secrets
Jan 22, 2005
Breaking the NDA...

Geekner posted:

e: Hmm, can't seem to add 100gb to an existing account with that deal, probably have to create a new one.

I just added the $6.99 deal to my existing account without any problems. Logged in, then used the purchase additional bandwidth selector on the right side.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Posts Only Secrets posted:

I just added the $6.99 deal to my existing account without any problems. Logged in, then used the purchase additional bandwidth selector on the right side.

Ah, it's there now. Before it was showing 14.99.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Is it possible to use Blocknews to just grab bits of data that's causing files to fail CRC check? Or does it have to download the entire file again? I assume it won't/can't work that way but maybe there's some magical goon open source project or something.

Also, how is Usenetnow? I currently use the Astraweb $11 unlimited after switching from Giganews due to files randomly dissapearing minutes after posting :cop: but I'll switch like a mofo to save 2 bucks a month.

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 25, 2011

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

maniacripper posted:

Is it possible to use Blocknews to just grab bits of data that's causing files to fail CRC check?
Add your blocknews server as backup server. For each part sabnzbd will try your main server, if part not found your backup server.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Posts Only Secrets posted:

Same here. I've only used 34GB of the 200 I had, but it's a good price to add a bit on. Most of that was used when I had a billing issue with supernews for a weekend.

I had a connection issue with Supernews on Tuesday it seems, since the blocknews servers pulled 1.5TB. That's why backup servers are nice, I never noticed the downtime until I checked the logs just now.

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005
Just wondering if anyone can confirm please whether Blocknews currently have the same issues that apparently Supernews/Giganews have with missing/removed articles?

I'm also using Newsdemon, I presume Blocknews have a different service behind them?

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

JonTheDon posted:

I'm also using Newsdemon, I presume Blocknews have a different service behind them?

Newsdemon is poo poo like all Highwinds. Many here use Blocknews to fill the gaps of Highwinds. If you want a new service entirely Usenetnow is the Blocknews unlimited version.

Also, I know it was posted above but http://blocknews.net/holidays/index.html down at the bottom, frugal usenet had a retention increase up to 300 days for only $50 a year. That is a pretty great price especially for those who get their poo poo as soon or very close since it has been posted.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

SlipperyNipple posted:

Newsdemon is poo poo like all Highwinds. Many here use Blocknews to fill the gaps of Highwinds. If you want a new service entirely Usenetnow is the Blocknews unlimited version.

Also, I know it was posted above but http://blocknews.net/holidays/index.html down at the bottom, frugal usenet had a retention increase up to 300 days for only $50 a year. That is a pretty great price especially for those who get their poo poo as soon or very close since it has been posted.

2/3 of your posts in this thread are poo poo-talking highwinds (yes I checked). When is the last time you used a highwinds provider? Yes they succumb to DMCA takedowns, but no more than supernews from what I've seen.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
My sabnzbd & supernews combo seems all kind of hosed up lately.

I upgraded to the latest sab because I noticed my downloads hadn't moved in a day or two. This had happened before. That time I emailed Supernews support and they were like "you're using sab aren't you?" and basically told me to get a new client or wait for an update. A couple of days later a new sab was released and all worked fine again. I figured it would be the same this time but upgrading to 0.6.10 hosed me.

Now it has 0kb/sec but watching the progress bar it looks like files are downloading. They aren't though. There's no network traffic going through and when the client "completes" a download it just bitches that there aren't enough blocks/files.

I have one of those xsusenet accounts as a backup and on 0.6.9 it would work (slooowly) but on 0.6.10 I get the same as Supernews.

Have tried downgrading sab, a clean install, switching supernews ports/servers, different client etc but nothing works. Borrowed a friend's usenetserver details last night and it worked in newsleecher but not sab. AAAAAAARRR my brain. Supernews support is very quick to answer emails though. :)

editeditedit: gently caress. All that messing around and the files were DMCA'd off the Supernews server. Guess it's time to find a new provider.

luncheon meat fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 27, 2011

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008

hammed yer log posted:

editeditedit: gently caress. All that messing around and the files were DMCA'd off the Supernews server. Guess it's time to find a new provider.

You're probably better off just getting a cheap block account, as a backup server, on another provider. Adtraweb doesn't seem to get hit with DMCA's as bad, but then they have problems with random missing blocks from time to time. Either way, a block account comes in handy.

Although Usenetnow's holiday special is tempting.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Yea, Just have a good primary provider, and a backup from a block provider on a separate network. Blocknews is great, but if you are already on their network you can look at an Astraweb block account too. Don't worry about how big the block is, you'll probably never reach the cap. I've had a 5gb blocknews account for at least a year, haven't even used half.

Make sure to set the block account server as "Backup" in SAB, or you'll waste it.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Lenins Potato posted:

You're probably better off just getting a cheap block account, as a backup server, on another provider. Adtraweb doesn't seem to get hit with DMCA's as bad, but then they have problems with random missing blocks from time to time. Either way, a block account comes in handy.

Although Usenetnow's holiday special is tempting.

Yeah I'm pretty tempted by Usenetnow. It's just a shame I can't test a few articles before paying. There is a lot in my current queue that has been DMCA'd it seems. At the moment I'm chugging along on the free xsusenet account as my primary and their retention seems okay.

Strangely if I have Supernews set to primary and XS as backup in SAB it never falls back to XS. It just acts as if its downloading from SN when it isn't.

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008

hammed yer log posted:

Yeah I'm pretty tempted by Usenetnow. It's just a shame I can't test a few articles before paying. There is a lot in my current queue that has been DMCA'd it seems. At the moment I'm chugging along on the free xsusenet account as my primary and their retention seems okay.

$2.75 gets you 5 gigs on blocknews, its the same as UsenetNow so it would at least be a cheap test.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Vykk.Draygo posted:

2/3 of your posts in this thread are poo poo-talking highwinds (yes I checked). When is the last time you used a highwinds provider? Yes they succumb to DMCA takedowns, but no more than supernews from what I've seen.

I had bad experiences with them several years ago when there was a period of several months of little to no service. Some may remember not even being able to connect during prime hours. Never any explanation given except it is being worked on. The company has also purchased lots of smaller, really good indie providers and turned them into poo poo over the years. Then it is throttling of users by the resellers for using the service to much. DMCA problems is also a strike against them. If i can get what they dont have from other providers then that adds to their overall suckiness. I dont know who decided that doesnt have to be reflected in their advertised completion rates but it really should.

Highwinds is like a big bad box store that infiltrates every town and city. It isnt that good, but people use it because it is there and low price so they put up with the antics.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I'm having a bit of trouble with my install working with the firefox plugin NZBdStatus. I've got everything entered correctly and the addon reports that it can connect to SAB. But when I try to send nzb's to it nothing shows up in SAB.

I'm thinking it is due to the computer running SAB is not the one I'm running firefox on. The plugin works, I was using it when I was still runnign SAB on my main computer. Any ideas? Or should I be using a different plug in or program?

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
Can you connect to Sab from the computer? Like from the browser directly? Make sure you have it pointing directly to the systems ip. Also in the Sab install make sure the ip is set to 0.0.0.0

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
I currently use Sickbeard on a Debian Squeeze box with minidlna to stream and it works well. The only problem is that I then need to connect to a share from my PC to convert video files to a format that can be played on my PS3. Does anyone know of a good Linux program that I can throw onto my box so I can automate the process a bit? I've looked around a bit but haven't really had any luck finding anything.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Verno5x posted:

I currently use Sickbeard on a Debian Squeeze box with minidlna to stream and it works well. The only problem is that I then need to connect to a share from my PC to convert video files to a format that can be played on my PS3. Does anyone know of a good Linux program that I can throw onto my box so I can automate the process a bit? I've looked around a bit but haven't really had any luck finding anything.

Instead of converting why don't you use ps3mediaserver

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

a63548 posted:

Blocknews
quote:
Up for grabs at Blocknews through the end of the year is 100 Gigabytes for $6.99! Pay only once and take your time to use it up! Never any rebilling! Why pay monthly for usenet when you only need access every now and again? All accounts include SSL encryption, our industry leading retention, posting & great service all with access to our servers located in the US and Europe! Price Available through Christmas or when inventory is exhausted.

See why thousands of users come to Blocknews to get better pricing, better service and to fill in the gaps of other "bargain providers" who have poor completion!

They said this deal was through then end of the year yet I can't get the deal to show up today...

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE

kri kri posted:

Instead of converting why don't you use ps3mediaserver

The problem with ps3mediaserver is that I have FIOS and the FIOS router which messes with streaming. I've been looking around on the Verizon forums and all I keep seeing is the problems people have with upnp devices and streaming but no solutions. The ps3mediaserver can't even find my PS3 when I try and use it. The PS3 also needs me to run a connection test which forces it to go out and poll the upnp devices on my router to find the dlna server. The best method that I found was to run the dlna server off of a network attached hard drive that I dumped Debian on.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

So apparently Panda antivirus blocks the SABnzbd installer download as malware, even if you turn it off. Was doing it for one of my technically less adept friends, but seriously, wtf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
What in the gently caress is Panda antivirus?