Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm new as of this weekend to the SAB/SB thing... and I've pretty much got everything set up swimmingly and I am in love with the results. But as other things download just fine, something else gives me this error, repeatedly:

URL Fetching failed; (Problem accessing nzbmatrix server (error:no_nzb_found))

I know it's pretty straightforward english, but can someone tell me what causes this? Is there a way to avoid, or minimize this issue? I'd hate to come home to a laundry list of things that failed on me.

(It's for something that went up a couple hours ago.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie

Feenix posted:

I'm new as of this weekend to the SAB/SB thing... and I've pretty much got everything set up swimmingly and I am in love with the results. But as other things download just fine, something else gives me this error, repeatedly:

I know it's pretty straightforward english, but can someone tell me what causes this? Is there a way to avoid, or minimize this issue? I'd hate to come home to a laundry list of things that failed on me.

It's possible that you hit your daily maximum? (10 nzbs per day)

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

Feenix posted:

Just download the zip and run it from there. I think the send to sab feature is just broken today.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

dzarc posted:

It's possible that you hit your daily maximum? (10 nzbs per day)

Hold up! (first of all... I just got 12 things at the very same time...)
Second of all, there's a limit? Where did this come from? Why is there a limit? This is news to me. (although I'm new to this process of getting things, so maybe I'm just ignorant.)

Granted, on your average day, it's not a problem. I just was catching up on something... :)

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

Feenix posted:

Hold up! (first of all... I just got 12 things at the very same time...)
Second of all, there's a limit? Where did this come from? Why is there a limit? This is news to me. (although I'm new to this process of getting things, so maybe I'm just ignorant.)

Granted, on your average day, it's not a problem. I just was catching up on something... :)
there's only a limit on free accounts afaik.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Feenix posted:

I've been having that issue for a while now on nzbmatrix no matter what I choose to download using the SAB plugin for FF.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What the poo poo? I've had Sickbeard/Sabnzbd/Couchpotatoe running flawlessly. I had a sudden power failure and now I can't dial in and use the webpage over the network. I get this jumble

code:
Secure Connection Failed
  An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.1.103:(porthere).

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
If it's not that I get a timeout. Everything checks out in the settings portion of Sabnzbd, I should be able to dial in. What the hell could be going wrong?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
One more question, and this is probably more of a general one about Usenet and how SickBeard works:

If I see an item is up (and has been for an hour or more,) how come SB doesn't see it, even when I force it to search for that file?

It just shows up as unaired, but I can go into Usenet via my own app and get it and it's been there for at least an hour...

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
Anyone else having trouble with supernews? Their site is up and down, and it's telling be in sabnzbd that it can't log in to my account.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I can login to supernews' website and currently using it in sabnzbd. Seems fine to me.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

WINTER IS COMING posted:

Downloaded a bunch of files via Supernews each with 1-2 bits missing so they ended up failed, added a Blocknews account as backup and was unable to repair - everything was downloading from Astraweb.

Did you add blocknews as backup, enable it and then redownload the entire NZB?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah all the sudden today NZBMatrix just flat out isn't playing nice with SB or SAB. I just get errors upon errors. I'll try again tomorrow, but whatever.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
How do I make sickbeard wait for Web-dl instead of just getting the first HD TV rip it finds?

The interface can be a little frustrating at times :(

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Trump posted:

How do I make sickbeard wait for Web-dl instead of just getting the first HD TV rip it finds?

The interface can be a little frustrating at times :(

Go into the show, click edit at the top, click the dropdown for the quality setting and click on Custom. From there, specify only 720p Web-DL and 720p Blu-Ray.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Feenix posted:

One more question, and this is probably more of a general one about Usenet and how SickBeard works:

If I see an item is up (and has been for an hour or more,) how come SB doesn't see it, even when I force it to search for that file?

It just shows up as unaired, but I can go into Usenet via my own app and get it and it's been there for at least an hour...
IIRC, Sickbeard bases air times off your local timezone. If you're PT and the target show airs at 8PM ET, Sickbeard won't try to look for it until it passes 8PM PT.

Feenix posted:

Yeah all the sudden today NZBMatrix just flat out isn't playing nice with SB or SAB. I just get errors upon errors. I'll try again tomorrow, but whatever.
NZBMatrix is being an extra large piece of poo poo lately. People have been having all kinds of problems with their API not cooperating whatsoever. And to correct a claim from earlier, *all* NZBMatrix accounts have limits, both rate limits and overall download limits daily. You can see what your limits look like by capturing the headers on an API hit. Example:

code:
$ curl -I "http://api.nzbmatrix.com/v1.1/download.php?id=749512&username=*&apikey=*&scenename=1"
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 17:59:12 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.9
API_Rate_Limit: 100
API_Rate_Limit_Used: 63
API_Rate_Limit_Left: 37
API_Download_Limit: 150
API_Download_Limit_Used: 150
API_Download_Limit_Left: 0
Content-Type: text/html
Based on this SickBeard bug report, it looks like their API is inconsistently returning stuff that doesn't make sense, like HTTP 200 with an error message. Or an internal server error. Or a zero-byte nzb. Or nothing at all.

So . . yeah. Stop using them. Use somewhere less poo poo like nzb.su, or the SickBeard index, or whatever. Looking through my SB history, nearly everything is through the SB index. Out of the most recent 50 hits, 42 were SB, 8 were nzb.su/nzbs.org.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

inpheaux posted:

IIRC, Sickbeard bases air times off your local timezone. If you're PT and the target show airs at 8PM ET, Sickbeard won't try to look for it until it passes 8PM PT.

NZBMatrix is being an extra large piece of poo poo lately. People have been having all kinds of problems with their API not cooperating whatsoever. And to correct a claim from earlier, *all* NZBMatrix accounts have limits, both rate limits and overall download limits daily. You can see what your limits look like by capturing the headers on an API hit. Example:

code:
$ curl -I "http://api.nzbmatrix.com/v1.1/download.php?id=749512&username=*&apikey=*&scenename=1"
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 17:59:12 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.9
API_Rate_Limit: 100
API_Rate_Limit_Used: 63
API_Rate_Limit_Left: 37
API_Download_Limit: 150
API_Download_Limit_Used: 150
API_Download_Limit_Left: 0
Content-Type: text/html

Based on this SickBeard bug report, it looks like their API is inconsistently returning stuff that doesn't make sense, like HTTP 200 with an error message. Or an internal server error. Or a zero-byte nzb. Or nothing at all.

So . . yeah. Stop using them. Use somewhere less poo poo like nzb.su, or the SickBeard index, or whatever. Looking through my SB history, nearly everything is through the SB index. Out of the most recent 50 hits, 42 were SB, 8 were nzb.su/nzbs.org.
Thanks for the info.

1) is there a way to fudge my time zone on SB?

2) That's unfortunate about NZBMatrix. If I switch I guess I'm out 10 bucks, since I only signed up on Friday. Who is a good alternative?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Feenix posted:

Who is a good alternative?

He mentions three in the very post you quoted.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Thermopyle posted:

He mentions three in the very post you quoted.

Ah, my apologies. It's 6am and I was in bed on my iPhone. Totally missed that. Thanks :)

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

inpheaux posted:

I think depending on your search provider, this isn't true at all. Every hour or so it pulls the full feed from the Sickbeard Indexer, and if there's anything in there you want, it grabs it. Last week I got a WEB-DL that hasn't aired yet, and doesn't premeire until next week (Pilot released by the network online early) but Sickbeard grabbed it because it was coming in the future, and it showed up in the feed.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

FISHMANPET posted:

I think depending on your search provider, this isn't true at all. Every hour or so it pulls the full feed from the Sickbeard Indexer, and if there's anything in there you want, it grabs it. Last week I got a WEB-DL that hasn't aired yet, and doesn't premeire until next week (Pilot released by the network online early) but Sickbeard grabbed it because it was coming in the future, and it showed up in the feed.

Yeah, being on the west coast I routinely see items which have downloaded yet don't air for another 90-120 minutes. Great way to start 'primetime' viewing hours early on nights where there's a lot of things we're looking to watch and don't want to be up too late.

Also see this on certain programs which air a day early in Canada. In other words, SB doesn't care about "real" times.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011

NZBs.org posted:

Hi, it's been a good run but it's time to focus on other things. As such the site will be closing on April 19th.

Thanks for all your support over the last 5 years, its been a blast.

Message is posted both on the main and beta site. Are they closing both or just relaunching the beta site on the 19th?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Sperg Victorious posted:

Message is posted both on the main and beta site. Are they closing both or just relaunching the beta site on the 19th?

Not to be naive, but was this posted yesterday, by chance?

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Feenix posted:

Not to be naive, but was this posted yesterday, by chance?
ug posted April 2nd

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bioalchemist posted:

ug posted April 2nd

Sorry, was just the first thing that came to mind. :\

Police Academy 6
Jul 12, 2006
i'm getting an error when i try to connect to nzbs.org now

WINTER IS COMING
Oct 6, 2011

SlipperyNipple posted:

Did you add blocknews as backup, enable it and then redownload the entire NZB?

Used the "Repair" button under Status in SABNZBD after adding blocknews as an enabled backup server.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Police Academy 6 posted:

Ditto, looks like they're down. http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/nzbs.org

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
drat it all! I just got RSS feeds to work for shows in conflict with sickbeard.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

WINTER IS COMING posted:

Used the "Repair" button under Status in SABNZBD after adding blocknews as an enabled backup server.

I have never tried that before so I dont know if that will have Sab go back out and look for the missing parts. My gut tells me no though.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Police Academy 6 posted:

Use the beta site, it works fine.

WINTER IS COMING
Oct 6, 2011

SlipperyNipple posted:

I have never tried that before so I dont know if that will have Sab go back out and look for the missing parts. My gut tells me no though.

I'll give it a go with loading the nzb file again.

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.
Does anyone know when CouchPotato will support beta.nzbs.org?

I've seen some mention of it working with newznab but I don't have newznab installed quite yet.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
beta.nzbs.org is a newznab install, so it should work through the newznab support CouchPotato already has.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Feenix posted:

1) is there a way to fudge my time zone on SB?

This is something that many of us are keen for but it doesn't have any dev priority.
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=127

It's no big deal that it starts searching for stuff fourteen hours early, but it would be nice if the "coming up" and "backlog" were accurate. As a simple fix/hack I have been meaning to override the python systime call and subtract the difference between AEST and EST. I'll get around to it one day.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

deep square leg posted:

This is something that many of us are keen for but it doesn't have any dev priority.
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=127

It's no big deal that it starts searching for stuff fourteen hours early, but it would be nice if the "coming up" and "backlog" were accurate. As a simple fix/hack I have been meaning to override the python systime call and subtract the difference between AEST and EST. I'll get around to it one day.

Ha, just realised that since I recently moved SB and SAB into their own Linux VM, I just changed its system timezone. Duh.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

nzbs.org is supposedly closing April 19th (according to a post on their forums), which is sad news if true. I'm skeptical of everything that occurs on the internet around April Fools, though, so we'll see. Anyone have more information about it?

kedo fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 3, 2012

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Quick question about running Sickbeard from source. How do I have it run on start up? I usually make a shortcut from Windows binary, but I'm not sure what I need to do when running from source. It's running on a WinXp system if that makes any difference.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

diremonk posted:

Quick question about running Sickbeard from source. How do I have it run on start up? I usually make a shortcut from Windows binary, but I'm not sure what I need to do when running from source. It's running on a WinXp system if that makes any difference.
On Win7, I just make a shortcut with the target being "c:\blah\pythonw c:\moreblah\sickbeard.py" and stick that in the startup folder.

XP is probably easier since there's no UAC admin stuff to deal with.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Ragingsheep posted:

On Win7, I just make a shortcut with the target being "c:\blah\pythonw c:\moreblah\sickbeard.py" and stick that in the startup folder.

XP is probably easier since there's no UAC admin stuff to deal with.

That starts it on logon, not startup. You want to create a scheduled task with that same target. Then you can pick which user it runs as and other fun stuff.

You could also go so far as to create a Windows service, which is the most correct way, but I don't know how to do that, but I assume there are some easy guides for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

kedo posted:

nzbs.org is supposedly closing April 19th (according to a post on their forums), which is sad news if true. I'm skeptical of everything that occurs on the internet around April Fools, though, so we'll see. Anyone have more information about it?
Just talked to the admin on IRC. It's apparently actually happening. It's been completely self-funded by the guy since it started, he's always refused donations whenever I asked. Sounds like he just wants to move on and do something else.

So someone go start another public Newznab-based site. nzb.su needs competition, and they're certainly not getting it from NZBMatrix these days.