Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strat
Nov 6, 2004
Has anyone moved from Sickbeard to NzbDrone?

http://nzbdrone.com/

It's written in .Net so windows only at this stage. But from what I've read it basically has all the features of Sickbeard but with a much, much quicker scraping engine.

I'll end up trying it for the sake of trying it, but just wondering if anyone else has made the switch?

I've yet to find one person online that has tried it and then gone back to Sickbeard. Everyone says it's superior and sticks with it, which I kind of find hard to believe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Looks ugly as gently caress.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Strat posted:

Has anyone moved from Sickbeard to NzbDrone?

http://nzbdrone.com/

It's written in .Net so windows only at this stage. But from what I've read it basically has all the features of Sickbeard but with a much, much quicker scraping engine.

I'll end up trying it for the sake of trying it, but just wondering if anyone else has made the switch?

I've yet to find one person online that has tried it and then gone back to Sickbeard. Everyone says it's superior and sticks with it, which I kind of find hard to believe...

Why would we want to move from something that works?

Edit: OK, maybe sounded harsh. But seriously, Sickbeard integrates so well with SABnzbd why would you want to break that up?

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 26, 2012

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Why would we want to move from something that works?

Edit: OK, maybe sounded harsh. But seriously, Sickbeard integrates so well with SABnzbd why would you want to break that up?

I believe the big advantage of it is that NZBDrone integrates with QEM (or whatever that service is that maps scene releases to the tvdb).

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So it's been a few weeks now since Sickbeard has worked with NZBMatrix :( What's the best alternative?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Strict 9 posted:

So it's been a few weeks now since Sickbeard has worked with NZBMatrix :( What's the best alternative?

There is a new build coming soon to work with the new nzbs.org site so maybe it will be fixed then.

You can give nzb.su a shot

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Switching to nzbdrone right now, so far pretty painless. Only complaint is that there's no option to not rename.

edit: still doesn't handle a couple of certain popular late night shows on comedy central properly, but I think that's more a matter of the indexers than anything else. Back to an annoying RSS feed, :argh:

edit2: also, not flexible enough to edit/point a show to the correct version on thetvdb or w/e. A certain popular show on Monday nights starring Nathan Fillion is scanning as a boring ancient ruin exploration series instead of the actual show. I could mitigate this by adding the original air date to the show folder name, but I feel like that shouldn't be necessary.

edit3: no option to not rename files and just straight up copy them to the correct season folder. gently caress this, i'm done, back to sickbeard.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 27, 2012

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Strict 9 posted:

Why do you not have the Sick Beard Index at the top of your providers list? That should make other providers nearly unnecessary.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Why do you not have the Sick Beard Index at the top of your providers list? That should make other providers nearly unnecessary.

I have Sickbeard at the top and tonight for some reason it pulled everything NZBMatrix v:shobon:v

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I'm glad that it's not just me or something weird with Sickbeard. I cleared out my error log today and all of them were from NZBMatrix.

I think I'm just going to uncheck it in Settings and see if it still pulls everything from nzb.su or the new beta nzb.org.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Oddly enough, when one of them failed to load in SAB, I rechecked in Sickbeard and that one came from the Sickbeard indexer.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I've actually gotten less hits from the Sickbeard indexer since I put it at the top of the list. Instead of coming solidly from NZB.su it's a mishmash between what I presume to be groups. One scrape says IMMERSE which is a release group and others say things like WPI or RUNNER. Does the Sickbeard indexer just compile multiple RSS feeds from release groups? I've not seen a place to really read up on what or where it comes from.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

YouTuber posted:

I've actually gotten less hits from the Sickbeard indexer since I put it at the top of the list. Instead of coming solidly from NZB.su it's a mishmash between what I presume to be groups. One scrape says IMMERSE which is a release group and others say things like WPI or RUNNER. Does the Sickbeard indexer just compile multiple RSS feeds from release groups? I've not seen a place to really read up on what or where it comes from.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

dj_pain posted:

Also If you are australian and you are on internode/iinet use there newservice as you get about 35 days retention for free.

Uh Internode's is just straight up Astraweb with all the perks. A little bit better than 35 days retention. The only limit is 8 connections but that's fine for anyone here.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
I think maybe 9 times out of 10, Sickbeard grabs from the SB Index. The rest split between nzb.su and nzbs.org. I would feel comfortable using just the built-in Index if you didn't have or feel like getting access to the others.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I would imagine it would grab from the Sickbeard Index 100% of the time if you didn't give it an alternative. Stuff probably just occasionally hits the other indexers first so it grabs from those.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Does enabling MysterBin in CouchPotato actually do anything?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
For anyone clamoring for an all-in-one SAB/sb/cp control setup, I just bought Qouch for my iPad ($2.99) and it does just that.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bucket Joneses posted:

For anyone clamoring for an all-in-one SAB/sb/cp control setup, I just bought Qouch for my iPad ($2.99) and it does just that.

I can't seem to get the Sickbeard portion of that working which really is quite irritating since it auto detected both Couchpotato and SAB.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Surprisingly, I didn't have any problems.

Did you make sure to enable the sickbeard API and put the key into Qouch?

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
Does anyone else get errors with using the sickbeard index?

Not sure what is causing this but ever since setting up everything on my synology, I'll occasionally get
code:
 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: (, URLError(error(110, 'Connection timed out'),), ) - [Errno 110] Connection timed out
I've tried googling this but all the results refer to other indexes, not sickbeard's own index. Is this a common issue or could some setting be funky?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yes getting those too today.

Greenfield
Jan 27, 2005
I just installed ubuntu 12.04, and am trying to set up sabnzbd. I have it installed, as well as SABconnect++ on Chrome. I just downloaded something for the first time and am getting this error.

Repairing failed, 'Nonetype' object has no attribute 'remove'

I tried to google for that error, but couldn't find what the answer. I am not very experienced in Linux, so any help would be appreciated.

Brinstar Brew
Aug 8, 2007

Who's the guy in the Victorian diving apparatus?
Does anyone have a list of ports supernews uses? The FAQ on the site only lists 119, 23 and 80. In particular I want to know if I can use SSL port 443

Lusername
Sep 22, 2005
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
I use SSL port 443 with Supernews. Works fine.

Edit: Says you can use SSL on 443 and 563 here: http://www.supernews.com/support/config.html

Brinstar Brew
Aug 8, 2007

Who's the guy in the Victorian diving apparatus?

Lusername posted:

I use SSL port 443 with Supernews. Works fine.

Edit: Says you can use SSL on 443 and 563 here: http://www.supernews.com/support/config.html

Excellent, cheers!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

So I have some downloads that are failing to repair and I'm curious of what my options are regarding downloading the proper parity files or missing archives so that I don't have to try re-downloading the entire thing as they are all rather large.

Is this the sort of problem that having a separate backup provider would fix? None of the nzbs in question are older than 300 days so I doubt it's a retention problem. This never happened before I offloaded SABnzbd duties to a Synology DS411slim but I also wasn't downloading higher quality (RE: larger) files then either.

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 30, 2012

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Bucket Joneses posted:

Is this the sort of problem that having a separate backup provider would fix?
Yes, that's why people usually get them. Just be sure your unlimited and block providers are from different back-ends.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Friendly Reminder: NZBmatrix is a less-than-ideal indexer. Apparently today they decided it was time to block all RSS requests from Sickbeard because they're convinced this commit (which does nothing but increase logging) is causing their RSS server to keel over, something it is frequently good at doing all on its own.

But, you know, it HAS to be Sickbeard, because they're making fun of NZBmatrix in the commit message! Those dastardly SB devs did it on purpose, and refuse to cooperate! [img-rollbarf]

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Ugh. I am so sick of nzbmatrix.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

In happier news, SABnzbd is one of SourceForge's featured-projects-of-the-week, and we're just about to hit 4 million downloads through SF.

:toot:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Nitr0 posted:

Ugh. I am so sick of nzbmatrix.

Looks like they just implemented a captcha thing and... it doesn't work. Is anybody able to login to nzbmatrix?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

good thing nzbmatrix is a one-time fee.

If it were a subscription I'm pretty sure they'd have hit almost universal cancellation with a decision like that.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

FISHMANPET posted:

Looks like they just implemented a captcha thing and... it doesn't work. Is anybody able to login to nzbmatrix?

I just got in, captcha worked. First time I've logged in in months.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

deep square leg posted:

I just got in, captcha worked. First time I've logged in in months.

Well I tried to login yesterday and it said bad image, now with the same password it says bad password, so I don't even know.

E:
WTF

quote:

'Image and text did not match!'

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 1, 2012

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
ugh, that sucks with nzbmatrix. Has anyone given newzbin a shot again? I stopped using them after they were shutdown since the new owners seemed shady. Does that concern any of you guys at all? Am I being too paranoid?

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Nask26 posted:

ugh, that sucks with nzbmatrix. Has anyone given newzbin a shot again? I stopped using them after they were shutdown since the new owners seemed shady. Does that concern any of you guys at all? Am I being too paranoid?
Not at all being too paranoid. But hey, it's been awhile since they took over and they haven't done anything obviously dubious lately, but they're far from the only game in town anymore.

Seriously. In Sickbeard, set SB Index as your primary, supplement with nzb.su. Pay for nzb.su if you find it using more than the freebie account can handle. This is usually fine unless you're a crazy person who mirrors the entire content of Usenet on a nightly basis. Then you might have to branch out and further supplement with dognzb or something else from the list.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

inpheaux posted:

Not at all being too paranoid. But hey, it's been awhile since they took over and they haven't done anything obviously dubious lately, but they're far from the only game in town anymore.

Seriously. In Sickbeard, set SB Index as your primary, supplement with nzb.su. Pay for nzb.su if you find it using more than the freebie account can handle. This is usually fine unless you're a crazy person who mirrors the entire content of Usenet on a nightly basis. Then you might have to branch out and further supplement with dognzb or something else from the list.

I've been out of the loop for a while, so I didn't even know SB Index existed until now. Of course, all I seem to get is is the previously mentioned "Error loading Sick Beard Index URL" message, but I guess I'll just keep trying. I've got some things in the backlog that I'm hoping this will find. Been using nzbs.org primarily until now. I'm not sure how they rank in the grand scheme of things.

One thing that I could use help with, though... after a SB download completes, the sabToSickbeard script fires off and does the whole rename thing, but I end up with a duplicate copy in the SABnzbd downloads folder. I have Processing set to +Delete, but it looks like all that does is delete the RARs. Is there a way to delete the download automatically after SB processes it? Seems like I used to have that configured...

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Disable

Keep original files after they've been processed?

In SB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

kri kri posted:

Disable

Keep original files after they've been processed?

In SB

That explains it... thanks!