Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobdigi
Oct 6, 2004
yea you know who is he
I'm using the Windows version of SB and after the update today (build 495), my columns look like this:

Anyone else?

Edit: \/ \/ Thanks

bobdigi fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Ctrl-F5 cleared it up for me.

\/ \/ :mmmhmm:

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
shift + f5 mofucka

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

Nask26 posted:

ugh, that sucks with nzbmatrix. Has anyone given newzbin a shot again? I stopped using them after they were shutdown since the new owners seemed shady. Does that concern any of you guys at all? Am I being too paranoid?
I never stopped using them, poo poo works well and I do not complain.

I even topped off over the holiday sale.

EvilMoFo fucked around with this message at 09:23 on May 1, 2012

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
nevermind..I'm blind

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 1, 2012

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I don't know if I'm the only one still using nzbdStatus or what, but I decided to grab the source and give it a bit of an update. I fixed the multi-server popup to show up in the right place on current versions of Firefox and also reworked the Nzb.su support in to what should be a more generic Newznab support. It works on NZBs.org Beta, I haven't tested elsewhere.

Source: https://github.com/wolrah/nzbdstatus-wolrah
XPI of its current form at time of posting: *removed, updated version below*

I only started working on this on a whim last night and have never really dabbled in Javascript or extensions before, but the code seems generally logical and easy to work with, so if anyone has any more fixes I can give it a shot. Also I need to look in to submitting changes upstream, I'm not really used to the SVN workflow versus Git where pull requests are easy.

edit: Just got Newzbin2.es working and restored use of the "addid" SABnzbd API with Newzbin sites.

https://github.com/wolrah/nzbdstatus-wolrah/downloads

wolrah fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 4, 2012

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
I'm having a bit of a problem with CP. I'm pretty sure I've set it up correctly, with my search provider and everything. From the log it appears to be searching and finding the correct entries, but it really doesn't do anything. It doesn't send anything to saNZB and the status never changes on my wanted list...

It's all a but weird and annoying because I have no clue where to start.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
To get the dumb question out of the way first, have you configured it for SAB on the Downloaders page?

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

wolrah posted:

To get the dumb question out of the way first, have you configured it for SAB on the Downloaders page?

Yeah, it should be setup and enabled. And I can mention it's working with sickbeard without any problems.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Trump posted:

Yeah, it should be setup and enabled. And I can mention it's working with sickbeard without any problems.

Is it finding the files but ignoring them based on file size? For example if it finds a 720p of x size and it's not in the parameters that is set it will not download it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Add something that you know has been recently listed on one of your chosen indexers and post the log on pastebin (make sure to remove any API keys that may be shown in indexer or SAB queries). I just PMed you a link to one of mine that you might be able to compare if you don't want to post your own log.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

Nask26 posted:

ugh, that sucks with nzbmatrix. Has anyone given newzbin a shot again? I stopped using them after they were shutdown since the new owners seemed shady. Does that concern any of you guys at all? Am I being too paranoid?

I've been using it since Newzbin1, no complaints.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Random question... I have qouch (app for iPhone/iPad)... but I need to know what I need to provide it (or do to Sickbeard/Couchpotato/SABnzbd) in order to make it be able to see /do anything.

I'm guessing I may have to provide it, like, an IP. But I have comcast and then a wireless router and I don't know if my IP is static or dynamic or how I'd muck around with that or even if I'm barking up the right tree with this.

[edit] actually, while I have you. I have Sickbeard and SABnzbd, as mentioned. But I'm not sure of the simplest way to upgrade to their latter versions.

I Force Version Check in SickBeard and I get some red-text error. (but it would appear there may be a newer version? (I am on alpha build nonea)

And I don't even see where I would do it on SABnzbd.

I am on a Mac. I have Terminal, but am kinda a layman when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks!

[edit2]

I updated SickBeard manually by copying the 3 files (Sickbeard.db, config.ini, and the auto process tv one.) Renamed the old folder so no conflicts. Then restarted. Everything looks good, except that the header columns on my Show List (Next Ep, Show, Network) all have these patterns of arrows over them. I tried restarting the app, etc... It's not the biggest deal, as it's just a little graphical dirtiness, but it is kind of annoying. Anyone know what's happening or what I'm talking about?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 2, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Feenix posted:

Random question... I have qouch (app for iPhone/iPad)... but I need to know what I need to provide it (or do to Sickbeard/Couchpotato/SABnzbd) in order to make it be able to see /do anything.

I would like to know this, too. I found the IP address of my main computer: 192.168.1.13. But I type that in, and it never connects properly. Could it be some router/firewall thing? I'm on the same network, of course.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Feenix posted:

I'm guessing I may have to provide it, like, an IP. But I have comcast and then a wireless router and I don't know if my IP is static or dynamic or how I'd muck around with that or even if I'm barking up the right tree with this.

[edit] actually, while I have you. I have Sickbeard and SABnzbd, as mentioned. But I'm not sure of the simplest way to upgrade to their latter versions.

I Force Version Check in SickBeard and I get some red-text error. (but it would appear there may be a newer version? (I am on alpha build nonea)

And I don't even see where I would do it on SABnzbd.

I am on a Mac. I have Terminal, but am kinda a layman when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks!

[edit2]

I updated SickBeard manually by copying the 3 files (Sickbeard.db, config.ini, and the auto process tv one.) Renamed the old folder so no conflicts. Then restarted. Everything looks good, except that the header columns on my Show List (Next Ep, Show, Network) all have these patterns of arrows over them. I tried restarting the app, etc... It's not the biggest deal, as it's just a little graphical dirtiness, but it is kind of annoying. Anyone know what's happening or what I'm talking about?

I haven't used the app, but most apps need the external IP address of your modem, the port each program is listening on, your API from each program, and your username and password for each.

Easiest way to update each is to download them from their websites. Sickbeard has an auto updater but it doesn't seem to work. I found this out finally when I couldn't figure out why my Sickbeard didn't have an API.

As for your last question, force refresh the page in your browser. Not sure how to do that on a Mac though.

Hamburglar posted:

I would like to know this, too. I found the IP address of my main computer: 192.168.1.13. But I type that in, and it never connects properly. Could it be some router/firewall thing? I'm on the same network, of course.

You need to append the IP with the port (example: 192.168.1.13:8080)

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

You will need to forward each port to your internal IP as well, if you want to access your programs from outside your LAN.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 3, 2012

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hamburglar posted:

That's the network IP. You need your internet facing IP. Go here: http://www.whatismyip.com/

Type that ip in with the port number. If you can't connect it's likely the port is behind the wirewall. Type in 192.168.1.1 and usually it will pop up a password dialogue box. By default the username is blank and the password is "admin". In there look for port forwarding and enter the ports for Couch potato Sickbeard and Sanzbd.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

http://portforward.com has router-specific instructions.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Right now I have Sickbeard, CouchPotato, and Headphones working fine, except one thing I want to change.

I have a dedicated media downloading PC running SABnzbd and the above programs. When finished, CouchPotato automatically moves and processes files to my NAS, which is mapped as a network drive. I have a different network drive for Sick Beard files, and a different one for Headphones.

How can I get Sick Beard to do this as well? Basically, I have:

D:\finished\usenet\tv\<Show Name>\<Season>\ structure after post processing by Sick Beard. I want this to be

Z:\tv\<Show Name>\<Season>\

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Gyshall posted:

Right now I have Sickbeard, CouchPotato, and Headphones working fine, except one thing I want to change.

I have a dedicated media downloading PC running SABnzbd and the above programs. When finished, CouchPotato automatically moves and processes files to my NAS, which is mapped as a network drive. I have a different network drive for Sick Beard files, and a different one for Headphones.

How can I get Sick Beard to do this as well? Basically, I have:

D:\finished\usenet\tv\<Show Name>\<Season>\ structure after post processing by Sick Beard. I want this to be

Z:\tv\<Show Name>\<Season>\

Just put the default TV directory as Z:\tv\ and all new shows will be moved there automatically once you add them.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
What is this 'Headphones' ? I've never heard of it and I bet you can guess a Google search is useless.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

TraderStav posted:

What is this 'Headphones' ? I've never heard of it and I bet you can guess a Google search is useless.
Here you go: https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/wiki

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

torjus posted:

Here you go: https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/wiki

Sweet, thanks! Not much of a music buff, or this would be awesome. Glad to see all these apps revolving around sab.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Burden posted:

Just put the default TV directory as Z:\tv\ and all new shows will be moved there automatically once you add them.

They will be post-processed too? One thing I like is that all the downloading happens on my local box, and then once they are ready and processed they get moved to the network drives.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Gyshall posted:

They will be post-processed too? One thing I like is that all the downloading happens on my local box, and then once they are ready and processed they get moved to the network drives.

Post Processing involves putting the episode in the correct folder, so by very definition, yes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man I just can't get Qouch to connect.

I have my IP. I'm even on my own network. I shared API. I have my password. Paths, I think I have right, but I am not sure exactly what should be there.

I can't connect to Sick Beard, Couchpotato or SABnzbd.

:\

Phalex
May 14, 2002

I didn't know what to do either, because I know next to nothing about networking, so I pinged localhost, and it said "pinging [computername]". I put [computername] into Qouch, and it worked.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I use no-ip.info to redirect a hostname to my ip for free so I don't have to keep updating all the time. It seems like every 2 weeks I get an email that says I have to go click and update it or it will expire. Are there any other good redirect sites that are free that you guys use that doesn't have this? I'd love a fire and forget, or maybe even an app I can install on my PC that will keep it updated.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

TraderStav posted:

I use no-ip.info to redirect a hostname to my ip for free so I don't have to keep updating all the time. It seems like every 2 weeks I get an email that says I have to go click and update it or it will expire. Are there any other good redirect sites that are free that you guys use that doesn't have this? I'd love a fire and forget, or maybe even an app I can install on my PC that will keep it updated.

dyndns.org does the same thing, but has a tray app that'll auto-update whenever it's required. I haven't touched anything related to an IP/hostname in a few years on my HTPC.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

wattershed posted:

dyndns.org does the same thing, but has a tray app that'll auto-update whenever it's required. I haven't touched anything related to an IP/hostname in a few years on my HTPC.

Sweet, thanks! Will check it out tonight.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Phalex posted:

I didn't know what to do either, because I know next to nothing about networking, so I pinged localhost, and it said "pinging [computername]". I put [computername] into Qouch, and it worked.

How do I do this on a Mac?

But the larger issue is that I'd just love to see a sample layout of what I need to fill out in Qouch's settings. Perhaps I'm filling something out wrong. It's quite possible.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Most decent routers also have a Dynamic DNS setting, so you don't even have to have a client running, and you can set it to update as often as you want.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
Sorry if this is a dumb question but where exactly is the Send to SAB button in the newly-revamped NZBs.org? I have SABConnect installed in Chrome and I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

roop
May 10, 2002

I am become Roberto, the destroyer of scoring chances
Is there any news provider out there that has anything remotely resembling Easynews' global search and web interface?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
When there is a DMCA takedown where only a small part of the file is removed, is SAB supposed to just stall at the end and leave the item in the queue with only a couple mb left?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Demented Guy posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but where exactly is the Send to SAB button in the newly-revamped NZBs.org? I have SABConnect installed in Chrome and I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

You set your SAB server up in your profile, and then clicking the send to SAB sends it. I would think most people use a browser extension but its still a nice feature. Same thing nzb.su does.

Anything that cannot complete always shows up as failed in my history.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT

kri kri posted:

You set your SAB server up in your profile, and then clicking the send to SAB sends it. I would think most people use a browser extension but its still a nice feature. Same thing nzb.su does.

Anything that cannot complete always shows up as failed in my history.

Was it always like that? Before the changes in the site, I don't have problems with the Send to SAB button. I wonder why they changed that.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Demented Guy posted:

Was it always like that? Before the changes in the site, I don't have problems with the Send to SAB button. I wonder why they changed that.
the extension just needs updated for the new URL, or I would think it should start working once they remove the beta part?

Fcdts26 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 3, 2012

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

wattershed posted:

Ok, I feel silly, I can't find the free option on their site anymore. It's a huge confusing mess of packages that all have expiring trials.

edit: forget it, no-ip.info has an app I can use. All set now. :)

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

What's the point of using browser plugins and send-to-SABnzbd buttons on websites? Why not just have SAB watch your browser's download folder for nzb files?