Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I'm having trouble getting Sickbeard to send nzbs to SAB. I'm setting this up for the first time and installed all of the latest versions (using the SB Windows binaries), and have no problems manually adding nzbs to SAB. In Sickbeard I searched, changed the status of the results to "Wanted", and the search appears in my Show List, but that's it. I entered the SAB API into Sickbeard under "Search Settings" and when I hit test it says "Success. Connected and Authenticated". Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Sounds like its not actually finding a nzb to send (or it's not finding the quality it's looking for). Verify that you configured your provider right, and that the episodes you're looking or exist in the quality you have configured on the provider's site.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Check your error logs. If you can't figure them out, paste a sample of them here with incriminating stuff edited out.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

EC posted:

Sounds like its not actually finding a nzb to send (or it's not finding the quality it's looking for). Verify that you configured your provider right, and that the episodes you're looking or exist in the quality you have configured on the provider's site.

Just now I hit the Manual Search button in the Sickbeard season summary (the page where I switch stuff to Wanted), it changed the status to Snatched and SAB started downloading it, so the files are definitely there. Isn't the point of Sickbeard to get it to download automatically though? I'm using nzb.su, and the top of my log looks like this:

quote:

Aug-12 18:42:46 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: No needed episodes found on the RSS feeds
Aug-12 18:42:46 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Searching all providers for any needed episodes
Aug-12 18:42:46 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Beginning search for new episodes on RSS
Aug-12 18:42:46 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Changing all old missing episodes to status WANTED
Aug-12 18:41:16 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Sending NZB to SABnzbd
Aug-12 18:41:16 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Downloading episode from https://nzb.su/getnzb/*edit*
Aug-12 18:41:16 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Quality of *show* is HD TV
Aug-12 18:41:16 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Quality of *show* is HD TV
Aug-12 18:41:03 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Clearing NZB.su cache and updating with new information
Aug-12 18:41:02 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Searching NZB.su for *show*
Aug-12 18:41:02 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Searching for *show*
Aug-12 18:41:02 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Searching for download for *show*

edit: Error log is

quote:

2012-08-12 18:20:13.468000 CP Server Thread-10 :: Refusing to change status of 2x8 to DOWNLOADED because it's not SNATCHED/DOWNLOADED
2012-08-12 18:20:13.475000 CP Server Thread-10 :: Refusing to change status of 2x6 to DOWNLOADED because it's not SNATCHED/DOWNLOADED
2012-08-12 18:50:42.652000 SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: TVDB timed out, unable to update episodes from TVDB
2012-08-12 18:50:42.652000 SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: No data returned from TVDB, unable to update this show

Papercut fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 13, 2012

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Everything was set up correctly when you changed the episodes to Wanted? I imagine that when you set it to Wanted, it checks immediately, and if there is an error, it'll wait whatever the default period between checks is before it checks again. It looks like you pasted your standard log for the time when you did your manual search, but what about when you set the episodes to Wanted and it failed?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Everything was set up correctly when you changed the episodes to Wanted? I imagine that when you set it to Wanted, it checks immediately, and if there is an error, it'll wait whatever the default period between checks is before it checks again. It looks like you pasted your standard log for the time when you did your manual search, but what about when you set the episodes to Wanted and it failed?

Nice call, thanks! I had been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what I was missing when this was it, I just needed to change the status to Skipped and then back to Wanted and it queued everything up.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Well I guess I spoke too soon. It loaded about half the seasons and then gave up. I have a log full of:

2012-08-11 18:58:45.295000 SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: TVDB timed out, unable to create the episode

edit: forced update again and it finally finished.

Working for me as well. Cleared the cache, added the show, and now it's downloading all the info. It's a daily show as well, so there's a LOT of crap it has to go out and grab. Hopefully it won't time out in the middle.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

So Headphones is pretty useless if you don't fork over $10 for the VIP server huh? I get constant timeouts from MusicBrainz with the default server.

edit: I know you can roll your own server but that seems like a pain in the rear end.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Did RSS feeds from nzbs.org die or something? I had an rss feed set to watch for and filter out certain keywords which show up in my Google Reader but haven't seen a single update in a while. If I go to the website and search for the keywords there then lots of recent items pop up. I also can't seem to find where I made this rss feed because the entire website changed.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Lord Dekks posted:

Has anyone else had problems with the Chrome extension SABConnect++ recently? For the past week I keep getting 'This extension has crashed, click here to reload' pop-up, mostly if I alt-tab away and then flip back to Chrome.

It still works once I reload it, just didn't know if this is something thats been happening to other people or if maybe my Chrome profile has become corrupted and could do with a clear out.

Quoting myself to say if anyone else has had the same problem as above, try deleting your SABnzbd history. I tend to forget to do it on any sort of regular basis and mine was about 90 pages long, after purging the history the SABConnect++ extension hasn't crashed on me once.

Jesse Iceberg
Jan 7, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

Did RSS feeds from nzbs.org die or something? I had an rss feed set to watch for and filter out certain keywords which show up in my Google Reader but haven't seen a single update in a while. If I go to the website and search for the keywords there then lots of recent items pop up. I also can't seem to find where I made this rss feed because the entire website changed.

My nzbs.org RSS feeds (just feeds of separate categories) were still working as of an hour or so ago, when I saw the last update. You subscribe to the feeds from http://nzbs.org/rss, with some limited filtering options. For more complex filtering, you'd probably need to use the API.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

So Headphones is pretty useless if you don't fork over $10 for the VIP server huh? I get constant timeouts from MusicBrainz with the default server.

edit: I know you can roll your own server but that seems like a pain in the rear end.

even then it's sorta useless because it has some pretty piss poor matching algorithm in it that downloads just absurd bullshit for me more often than things I actually have and/or want.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Hey all, I just switched to Uverse, which has some pretty rigid data caps of 250GB per month. I want to set SAB to only download a certain amount per day. I currently have it running from 2-6am, but I want to know if there's a way to set it for a GB amount?

Thanks!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TraderStav posted:

Hey all, I just switched to Uverse, which has some pretty rigid data caps of 250GB per month. I want to set SAB to only download a certain amount per day. I currently have it running from 2-6am, but I want to know if there's a way to set it for a GB amount?

Thanks!
/sabnzbd/config/switches/

Quota

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Quota

Oh sweet, thanks! Is it a daily?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TraderStav posted:

Oh sweet, thanks! Is it a daily?
Day, week, month, or manual.

Aaearon
Jul 9, 2001

TraderStav posted:

Thanks!

Not to get too off topic but last I read they are not enforcing it. I think they still cant tell the difference between IPTV and non-IPTV traffic. I've consistently gone over the 250GB cap and haven't heard a thing from AT&T.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Aaearon posted:

Not to get too off topic but last I read they are not enforcing it. I think they still cant tell the difference between IPTV and non-IPTV traffic. I've consistently gone over the 250GB cap and haven't heard a thing from AT&T.

It's the same deal with Comcast, I go over every month and only heard a peep 2 years ago. We will see when the tiered billing comes I guess.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Am I blind or isn't there a "refresh and download different release" button for Couchpotatoserver like there was in CP v1?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Jesse Iceberg posted:

My nzbs.org RSS feeds (just feeds of separate categories) were still working as of an hour or so ago, when I saw the last update. You subscribe to the feeds from http://nzbs.org/rss, with some limited filtering options. For more complex filtering, you'd probably need to use the API.

Yeah, I had to update my rss feeds because mine were really old (I think from a time when I could actually specify search terms). I remade a rss url from the rss page and it seems to be in order again.

What's the difference between x264 and h264? HD and HD+?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm kinda sure that x264 and h.264 are the exact same thing. Not sure about your other question.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Boris Galerkin posted:

What's the difference between x264 and h264? HD and HD+?
x264 is an h264 encoder. Releases are labeled as x264 to advertise that "we're using the best h264 video encoder in the world".

If something is not labeled x264, then it's probably either ripped from iTunes or is a full untouched Blu-ray.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Quota

I probably need to update, I don't have the option. I'm on .6.14.

Thanks for the help!

dhrusis
Jan 19, 2004
searching...
Whats the deal.. lately certain things I've been trying to download with SAB via nzb.su have been falsely reporting the download speed, and have not been completing. The SAB icon turns red... things used to work with these types of files, but I guess there's a lot missing...anyone else experiencing this?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

dhrusis posted:

Whats the deal.. lately certain things I've been trying to download with SAB via nzb.su have been falsely reporting the download speed, and have not been completing. The SAB icon turns red... things used to work with these types of files, but I guess there's a lot missing...anyone else experiencing this?

Your server is missing nearly the entire file, either because it's out of your retention or, more likely, the copyright holder files a DMCA request to have it removed.

do it
Jan 3, 2006

don't tell me words don't matter!
Has anyone been successful with CouchPotato v1 and nzbs.org? Files added to the CP queue are easily findable doing a manual search on nzbs.org, but CP doesn't find anything on its own.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone have a recommendation for an android app? There seem to be a few out there that do usenet stuff but I'm not sure what plays nicest with sabnzbd.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for an android app? There seem to be a few out there that do usenet stuff but I'm not sure what plays nicest with sabnzbd.

NZB Unity. It still has issues with Headphones but Headphones sucks anyway.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

do it posted:

Has anyone been successful with CouchPotato v1 and nzbs.org? Files added to the CP queue are easily findable doing a manual search on nzbs.org, but CP doesn't find anything on its own.

Completely broken for me. Upgrade to CPS and all's well.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

NZB Unity. It still has issues with Headphones but Headphones sucks anyway.

I installed this the last time you recommended it in the thread. Aside from the interface being ugly it's working great. I just wish the guy would add in support for newznab sites as an alternative to nzbmatrix, then it'd be pretty much perfect for all my usage.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Keito posted:

I installed this the last time you recommended it in the thread. Aside from the interface being ugly it's working great. I just wish the guy would add in support for newznab sites as an alternative to nzbmatrix, then it'd be pretty much perfect for all my usage.

I just wish he'd fix how the back button works. In the app, it just goes back to the previous page so if you want to back out of the app, you sometimes have to hit back 10+ times. Just make it go up a level dammit.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
I can't get Couch Potato Server to rename or move my movies. SAB is putting files into:

quote:

.../downloads/couchpotato

CPS is set to look for movies from that folder, and then rename/move them to:

quote:

.../Movies

Here are my SAB settings:

And my CPS settings:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm having a bit of an issue with the Sickbeard script for SABnzbd in that it keeps duplicating my files.

I've got a "download" folder that I'd ideally like everything to get dumped in, but after the script has run through its renaming thing and trimmed out all the needless files.

Instead it saves each complete folder of a file there (including all the unimportant stuff like samples) whilst duplicating the main file in the right naming structure in a folder structure that I think I have to use in order to configure Sickbeard properly (a general catch all folder split into different sub-folders for each show).

I've been playing around with the settings for a few days now but with no luck? Is there something obvious I'm missing?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
In the Post Processing config section in Sickbeard, do you have "Keep Original Files" checked?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

FISHMANPET posted:

In the Post Processing config section in Sickbeard, do you have "Keep Original Files" checked?

Ah, just found that. Cheers.

Did a bit of googling too and found a guide for the configuration. I forgot that Sickbeard itself handled a lot of it.

I've made a bunch of changes and hopefully it'll place the file in the right place. In the categories section of SABnxbd i've got "D:\Media\Downloads" set as the folder/path, that should mean that the file ends up in there no matter what right?

edit: Bah, nope. It stuck the file in the D:\TV\showname folder instead of the generic downloads one.

Kin fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 24, 2012

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Kin posted:

Ah, just found that. Cheers.

Did a bit of googling too and found a guide for the configuration. I forgot that Sickbeard itself handled a lot of it.

I've made a bunch of changes and hopefully it'll place the file in the right place. In the categories section of SABnxbd i've got "D:\Media\Downloads" set as the folder/path, that should mean that the file ends up in there no matter what right?

edit: Bah, nope. It stuck the file in the D:\TV\showname folder instead of the generic downloads one.

If you use the post processing script then Sickbeard moves it from that location to its final destination. The file is only in that Downloads folder for as long as it takes Sickbeard to figure out what episode it is. download the metadata, and copy it to the final destination.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ah, so no matter what it's always going to end up in TV\showname if it uses the post processing?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Kin posted:

Ah, so no matter what it's always going to end up in TV\showname if it uses the post processing?

Yeah, because that's the point of post processing.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

Shane-O-Mac posted:

I can't get Couch Potato Server to rename or move my movies.
What is the full path in those boxes? Are they relative paths, absolute paths, UNC paths, etc.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I'm trying to set the quality settings of Couchpotato v2 so that it stops download HDTV rips of movies and searches for the blurays instead. So I've got a profile with 720p first and BR-Rip second, with no check on the 720p box and a check on the BR-Rip box (so that it doesn't stop searching once its found 720p, it also has to be a BR-Rip).

Except the check mark isn't being saved, so it defaults to both boxes being checked, meaning it blindy grabs HDTV rip.

Also, is there a way to tell CPS that an existing movie is of a particular quality (like I can change the status in Sickbeard of a TV show). I've got existing movies, but I don't know how to tell CPS that they're 720p Bluray rips.