Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
So new-oldbie getting into the Sonarr/Radar/SABNZB/NZBHydra NAS (Synology DS918+) setup and it was super intimidating but I've pushed past the wall at least in that everything is 'working'. I used to use Usenets waay back in the day to download things manually using GrabIt because my ISP at the time had a pretty good usenet server, but the NZB et. al stuff is generally new to me.

I have Plex setup (with Pass) using just synocommunity packages because the Docker stuff sounded way out of my comfort zone and way too intimidating. Does Docker actually offer any real advantages to deal with the seeming headache of using it? I guess it would be better reliability incase DSM update fucks it up; but maybe that'll be the point where the fire is lit to give Docker a shot.

NZBHydra is setup with NZBGeek and the other default free ones, that seems to be working fine as both Radarr and Sonarr seem to pickup from it and then push it into the Plex directory (vol1/movies, vol1/tv shows) just fine. SABNZBD seems to be working well (I originally tried NZBGet but it's UI was kinda bad and overly confusing to my feeble olde brain compared to SAB). It takes a bit long to Unpack using SAB but it's not horrendously long as to matter.

First test it went really badly with pretty much everything failing, and I think that's because I signedup for a Block from NewsDemon and giving Aborted, Articles missing somethingsomething. I figure that's just DMCA'd postings. I signed up for the 7-day trial of Eweka and put that in as first priority and now it seems to be downloading well; however, Eweka is a bit slow (300 MB/s cap). Every rare once and while I'll get a list that all download options were blacklisted and have to manually do it as it fails to actually do-so. Do I just need some more secondary (block) servers?

The OP seems potentially out of date and I know companies can go bad real quick, are there a Usenet provider(s) that seems to be as good as Eweka but without a cap? I'm fine if it's a bit pricey for a monthly sub at first because I'm just hoping to plug up gaps, update quality, and then move back to a Block server since I really don't watch a whole lot nor need to hoard everything; just really catching up.

Aside from that, Sonarr I think is overall doing well. Someone mentioned adding a priority for AMZN, WEB-DL, then rest but I'm not seeing a way to put in tags to prioritize?

Radarr is a bit of a mess because I have a /movies/ folder going back 20 years with various poo poo rips, (CD1, ___CD2.avi ugggh) and I'd like to really clean that up. Issue is Radarr does not recognize the quality of existing movies (all coming up as Unknown) and I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or something is hosed with it. Maybe the best thing to do is just redownload most every movie folder I have and start from scratch? I have gigabit fiber so it's not out of the realm of possibility. I see there's a feature for "Lists" in radar; are there any good lists for new brrip/dvdscr scene releases that I should be adding and can filter out >60% rating? StevenLu wasn't really working (only showing 2 movies) and couldn't find anything other than popular/trending/mostwatched from Trakt Lists.

Probably a pipedream, but Is there any Plex-plugin or something with a decent interface where I can quickly search for something that's missing from Plex and it pushes it to Radarr/Sonarr? Probably not but I just thought I'd check if there's ways to automate it a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

EL BROMANCE posted:

Newshosting Unlimited hits 100MB/sec for me which essentially maxes out my gigabit line. Did you mean 300MB/sec or 300Mbit/sec? Because I’m not sure I’d consider 300 megabytes a second to be slow! If megabit, that’s still pretty fast but it’s bearable. I have a block account from free-Usenet.com which was cheap and fills in the occasional miss. With radarr and Sonarr you’re generally going to be grabbing faster than DMCA these days and it’s just backfilling you might hit issue. Someone posted the provider map within the last few pages, so worth checking that.

Surprised you had an issue with the nzbget UI, i don’t recall it looking a million miles apart from Sab but it’s been a while since I used that.

That was probably me. First of all it’s a Sonarr v3 feature so If you’re on regular Sonarr (which is v2 as 3 is still officially in beta I believe) that’ll be why. If you’re in 3, it’s Settings > Profiles > Release Profiles. This has a Term / Score system that’s a bit different to v2. You then just type in the terms you want with their score, give this list a name, then include that name in the tag of the shows you add.

I haven’t had to do this in ages, but you should be able to add them then do a mass manage edit that involves setting the quality.

Personally I use the lists just for my IMDb watch list, then it’s as easy as bringing up that app on the phone whenever someone mentions something, I see a trailer etc. I keep an eye on the r5 release blog at https://sbraidley.com/r5-release-dates/ which is a useful resource for seeing what stuff is due out on itunes/bluray soon and the comments tend to indicate what’s been done.
Great, thanks for that. Yeah I meant Mbit. It's not unbearable and I might just stick with it, at least for a month. I'll check out Newshosting. I think it was also because I was indeed backfilling stuff as my first run at it, so that was probably why. I've just recently included NZBPlanet ($10/yr) and NZBFinder (free) to Hydra and that helped quite a lot because NZBGeek alone was giving me a small list of everything blacklisted.

Indeed I think I'm on Sonarr 2.0.0.5338 so yeah, that checks out. I felt like I had to be missing something obvious because there really aren't that many options.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Well poo poo. I was buying NewsHosting Unlimited from the New Years deal and payment bugged out and I hosed up paying for it twice on 2 seperate emails. Instead of dealing with PayPal and support poo poo as the first thing, which I hate doing, is anyone interested in 1-yr of NewsHosting unlimited for $45?

Nevermind, just decided to go with Support route. They sorted it out promptly, which is surprising but fantastic!

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 3, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bank posted:

Maybe I should ask this in some other thread, but I figure you guys may know best. When I watch things via Plex (PC server to Roku on TV with integrated speakers) the volume is ear blasting during action scenes and the like, but when the dialogue comes up it's super quiet. From what I've read the solution is to either change audio settings on my TV (I've checked and don't see anything applicable in my settings), buy an X.1 speaker system so the dialog comes out through the center channel, re-process the files with a different audio setup.

Is there anything else I should try? I really hate having to change the volume every so often and it makes the movie watching experience pretty awful for me. I don't really notice it on TV shows, just movies, presumably due to file type?
I got this a lot and I think you need to buy a soundbar. That said, the soundbar (Vizio SB3651) I got doesn't play well with my TCL 55-in TV in anything except forced PCM-Stereo mode or else it has a little bit of A/V desync and it drives me loving insane. I should have returned the soundbar. I don't know if it's the TV or the soundbar that's the issue though.

e: missed the part where you said it only happens in movies, idk then.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 8, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dicty Bojangles posted:

When I switched from CouchPotato to Radarr, Radarr was able to figure out 480p/720p/1080p from the files, but marked everything as HDTV-____ in the database. It wasn't able to tell whether the source was WebDL or BluRay or whatever, but it picked up resolution just fine on its own. None of my files were tagged with resolution or source, either, just "Title (date).mkv" etc.

Definitely did not do that for me but I'm running Radarr synocommunity package which might be worse. I had them titled the same Title (date).avi and they just show up as Unknown. I keep meaning to figure out this Docker poo poo and move to a docker install but :effort:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
So I got a new 8 TB harddrive to increase the storage of my DS918 nas because I keep running out (gently caress you remux's god drat), which ended up loving up my RAID when I installed it and destroying the DSM causing a huge scare that i might have lost data. Fortunately was able to do some resets and reinstall the DSM from scratch leaving the data intact, and then run a repair/parity check (which took almost 2-days) and it's up and running.

I originally had Sonarr/Radarr/SABNZB running through native synocommunity packages but I used this fresh install as an opportunity to move to Docker containers and was able to move to an Ombi/Radarr/Sonarr/NZBHydra2/NZBGet setup instead. Wasn't as hard as I expected and mostly straightforward with some weird quirks. I'm not quite sure I see major advantages in doing so but they do seem like they're newer versions and more stable, so that's good--no regrets there. Is there a quick way to package up and backup all my Docker containers with configs such I can just quickly reinstall them if I ever need to do so?

Now I heard NZBGet was better than SAB so that's why I went with this on the fresh install; however, NZBGet seems to be downloading loving slow as hell compared to what SAB used to get. Like maxing out somewhere between 10-25MB/S on a gigabit fiber connection is pretty poor (Newshosting and Eweka--the former is usually fast and the latter isn't quite as much but usually pulls in at least 30MB/s on it's own; so around 80 connections in total). I tried various Write Cache/etc settings and nothing seemed to matter, and I tried both SSL and Non-SSL connections. I ended up just installing SABNZB in Docker and swapping Radarr/sonarr over to that, and getting pretty solid 50-60MB/s now. It's like night and day how much faster it's working and over double the speeds.

Is there any reason that NZBGet is downloading and unpacking so much slower? I'm fine with just using SAB and seems like that's the solution, and also seems to unpack faster, but it's really weird. I'm not sure why NZBGet seems to be recommended over SAB since it seems like it's a noticebly slower and crappier overall.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 5, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Decairn posted:

The Docker applications are not Synology specific and therefore have a bigger install / support base, generally very fast to update to latest builds. They also have a common setup through Docker for your network and directory preferences which is probably a bit more flexible if you need that option.
In DSM Docker application, Containers sub-menu, right click the container and do settings export. That saves the config settings - save it somewhere you will backup.
Docker backup - in the docker file share make a directory for each container and point that container to use that for config and runtime data. You can backup each of those, or depending on the container application, a subset of what's in there. The Hyperbackup utility allows for directory level selection. It's what I do.

NZBGet can be finicky. Here's my config items of note on a 918, it gets 50-60MB/s without DSM ssd cache, and it jumped to 70-80MB/s with ssd cache drives added on a 1GB link, running in a Docker container. Ensure the news server setting has connections set to 50 or whatever that provider allows. If you have multiple, put them in the same level group so they can download in parallel. Turn FlushQueue off. Set ContinuePartial=No. Set ArticleCache=1024. Set DirectWrite=Yes. Set WriteBuffer=1024. PostStrategy=Balanced. DirectUnpack=No. UnpackPauseQueue=Yes. I also have the Completion and FailureLink extension scripts loaded to for some added smarts on downloading.

Hey thanks for this! :tipshat: Gunna look into backing up that stuff, although it wasn' ttoo hard to install, I imagine it's sort of annoying to set all the API keys and ports and PUIDs and stuff like that so if I could just pop those settings right in next time, that'd be swell. I kinda hosed up my Storage Pool and really don't need a SHR on all 4 of my drives and could probably keep 2 on SHR for personal files/photos (+ cloud backup), and the other 2 in a non-raid for movies/tv storage pool that I can just redownload if they do fail; so I may be looking at trying to back up most of it and wiping the DSM for a second time sometime here soon unless there's an easy way to downsize an SHR and get rid of a few drives from it without it going into Degraded status, but a cursory Google says that's not really possible.

I'm surprised and SSD cache really makes that big of a difference. That's the M.2 NVME port at the bottom that you can pop one in right? I did run a speedtest on the NAS and was getting pretty much my full gigabit speeds, but I guess that's not the same thing as actually downloading files. I think SABNZB is working well at the moment but I'll keep your post saved here incase I need to try NZBGet again.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 6, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Tanbo posted:

For those who want an alternative, or just another request method, there's another released a while ago, Requestrr. https://github.com/darkalfx/requestrr
https://i.imgur.com/zrb5i4j.png

Similar to Ombi, just discord bot based. Can interface with Ombi using users already setup or it's own, or directly with Radarr/Sonarr. It's an easy way to request without opening ports or firing up a VPN.

Oh hey, that sounds pretty neat, thanks for the tip. I've just recently started using Ombi but tbf, it's kind of a pain to initially get it setup and give out info, and msot of all, actually have people actually use it, or remember to use it. probably better just to have people msg me, but this may be a better option because everyone has Discord and it's more accessible without a port forward and account stuff.

I kind of wish I could just use some sort of Plex plugin that integrates an Ombi-like feature to add requests into sonarr/radarr.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Red Baron posted:

My frugal Usenet sub just expired, I didn’t have any real issues with them, but I’m open to other providers as well. Is the list in the OP still current or are there other providers I should check out?

Eweka has been the best one for me by far, maybe not absolutely the fastest (I tend to top out around 60 megabytes/second on a gigabit fiber connection) but it has been the most reliable in rarely having things fail and is much much less susceptible to getting scrapped bare and wiped out by DMCA poo poo, they seem to just ignore dmca poo poo. They don't do deals as often as most but they recently had a nice deal back in May for 1-yr subscription for $42 which is fantastic.

I also have a newshosting subscription and it's very fast and pulls a lot of weight too. It tends to be cheaper and they have deals more often.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I had to basically re-do my Synology NAS from scratch because I decided to undo the RAID to give me more space since I honestly don't care if my movies/tv end up corrupted, i've got a gigabit fiber and it's not too much of a pain to redownload. Space is more important atm. However I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to Radarr/Sonarr v3. I can't say i like the new UI but whatever, things are working good.

One thing though is I never really quite understood how the Quality Profit/Custom Formats and stuff work in Radarr per se, just a general geist of it.

What I want to do is basically have 2 or 3 categories of movies:
- High Resolution/4K content like Blade Runner 2049, Star Wars, Sunshine, etc, you know just stuff that's a real cinematographic treat that I love having super high HQ for and don't care if it takes up 20 GBs. (I suppose the best way to handle this is just get those manually downloaded and then de-list them from Radarr, that's ok with me)
- Good movies I like but don't need super high fidelity on. 1080p H265 movies that I would like around 2 GBs/hr, preferably around 4-5GBs per file on average.
- Kinda crappy movies that I don't really care about but want in 1080p @ H265 format just for posterity mostly and kept at like 1GB/hr max, preferably around 1.5 GB for an entire movie on average. I have a whole bunch of historic CD1.avi CD2.avi poo poo that I want monitored so it upgrades until I hit the H265 version @ 1-2Gbs max. Like Forced to be H265 not just preferred.

I have the Custom Format set using the Preset for x265 that I hope is correct.

I've setup a template for the 2/3rd category but I'm not sure if I did this right. It seems to be downloading non H265 versions.

And I've got this Quality setup but I'd like to have it different by Profile:

From what I can tell setting a size on the Quality is global and not per-profile basis. Is there way to do what I'd like to do with a low-tier of 1080p forced to H265 content and a higher tier of the same but allowing for larger file-size?

e: I think I may have figured it out, I realized I can add a Custom FOrmat for size.

Do I need to click the Required tag? Not clear what that actually means. If I make that with the Required tag check, I can add it to the Profile. Is this going to work?

Would this get to me where I'd want to go with the 3rd category in either forcibly upgrading / downgrading movies to be H265 and capped at 2GB size?

e: I've mostly figured it out and able to control this well now, however I have another question in my post below.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 26, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm far from an expert, but the Custom Format stuff seems to be a list of preferences, not requirements. i.e. if it only finds a release in h264, it will get that. Later on if a h265 file shows up it will grab that and replace the old one. If you want to hard require/reject certain things you can set that up in Settings > Indexers > Restrictions, though that will apply to all your data not individual files. I had to do this to filter out 3D content.

Yeah I've been playing with it and this seems to be the case. I've now got it setup were it'll download only H265/2GB content by setting a "Minimum Score to Download = 100" where both the H265 and Size Requirement adds +50 to the score so if both are there then it'll download it, if not it won't download. However I'm finding even with my list of index trackers that there isn't always H265 content out there, or way too high file-size for what I want for something like say The Hangover or some other lovely judd apatow movie where I don't want it to take up much space but also not terribly pixelated divx 480p poo poo.

I think I'm leaning towards needing another Docker package that can transcode non-H265 content into H265 if that's all it can find from indexers, and I guess ideally that would be some temporary folder inserted between SABNZB downloading it and before Radarr imports it into the /movies folder. I just recently downloaded Unmanic package which is actually really great for an existing library and I'm saving a ton of space on my TV show folder, but it only can monitor 1-library folder and I'm not sure I'm smart enough to integrate it by hand such it inserts after downloading but before importing and make sure Radarr/Sonarr knows to wait until it finishes.. Anyone have anything like this setup?

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 26, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Irritated Goat posted:

No, not the file name. The details tab if you look at it in Windows. The file gets named correctly and everything but this doesn't get changed. Plex treats it as the name it should be looking for and just has no idea wtf.

wolrah posted:

I've been having the same behavior with Plex on a few recent downloads and yes, it's definitely put there by the release group. Nothing in my processing chain has any reason to be touching MKV metadata and the "Title" field contains the full release name including group tags and whatever nonsense.

You can actually edit most common formats straight from the Windows "Details" tab, but for doing things in bulk I've always used the mkvtools utilities and a quick bash script.

FYI I used to have this problem but the work-around is configuring Plex Movie/TV agents to pickup metadata from TVMDB/IMDB/whatever first instead of using "Local File Source". I believe its under Agents setting or using Library-Settings where you can adjust the order of preference for metadata. If you can't find it, let me know and I can take some screenshots.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

everythingWasBees posted:

Given that the OP is from 8 years ago, I assume that some of the stuff is out of date. Are there are different recommendations for what you use nowadays?

I know literally nothing about usenet but wanted to give it a try.
I mean what exactly are you looking to use it for? Most commonly it's for TV/Movies as mentioned

You can manually search (either using NZBHydra2 or just individual Indexer sites) for software and it's pretty decent, but at the same time there isn't as much need when you can almost certainly use Torrents which is likely even better for software (or at least ability to only choose from verified/clean torrents whereas usenet would be unvetted and no way to read comments or w/e), and prob not gunna get dmca notices or whatever anyways.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Knot My President! posted:

Nice, that's good to hear :) for indexers I'm using Drunken Slug and NZBplanet-- are there any others that are worth looking into?

i mean if nothing is coming up empty for you, thern you're good. i prefer ones where i can pay a lifetime membership, or just use the free varieties wtih like 5 downloads a day which is enough so i use:
nzbgeek (lifetime)
nzbplanet (lifetime)
drunkenslug (free)
simplynzb (free)
abnzb (free)
nzbfinder (free)

I would like to throw a free account of DogNZB in there just for completeness, but I havent been able to find an invite nor have they done an open-reg in awhile :smith:

Anyways no harm in throwing those free ones into hydra at a lower-tier just incase you need them.

you also may want to upgrade to nzbhydra2, i found it better than 1.

and then eweka and newshosting but im gunna let my newshosting lapse and just use eweka. its by far the best in terms of retention a nd not getting DMCA-obliterated so it has everything even tho speeds usually top out around 40-50MB/s on a gigabit fiber for me.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 28, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Skarsnik posted:

With basically everything I do going through hydra, dogs unbelievably poo poo api reliability means I hardly use it
I've no idea when my vip or whatever runs out but I won't bother renewing

pm me if you really want but don't discuss it :nono:
Thanks for the offer but someone hooked me up several days ago. And yeah Hydra2 isn't exactly picking up anything special from it as far as I'm seeing so far, and yeah the free account is just an 11-day trial which expires so that's kinda lame and it's super expensive at $30/year (or $50/3). Not worth it if anyone is wondering.

I'll second Geek gets you pretty much everything and Lifetime is affordable if you dont like remembering/managing yearly subscriptions like I do. Planet and Finder also has one that picks up some stuff but mostly Geek is the bulk lifting there. Drunken Slug free is also a good add-on and picks up mostly whatever Geek isn't getting and have, although it's API is going to be limited at 50hits/day but that's okay if you aren't pulling in much on the regular and have hydra use it as last-resort indexer. If I were to pay for one on a yearly basis, it'd prob be Slug but not really necessary, at least for my purposes. I reset my Hydra2 install a couple months back so my stats aren't exactly good from historical use, but I'm at 62% Geek, 14% Slug, 12% Finder, 10% Planet and the others like <2%.

yeah i understand why there's a no invite discussion because it quickly devolves into begging on places like reddit, but this thread gets like 3 posts a month these days and goon pop is like a fraction of what it once was that i don't think it'd be a big deal if someone new pops in wanting some recs or ones to try out. when i was getting into usenet again after a (very very long hiatus), the cult of secrecy poo poo (especially nzbs.in which ended up being really overrated for the secrecy-premium that it commands such that even reddit bans/edits out of posts for even mentioning, like loving lol) is really kinda dumb in this age when it's pretty much a dying-stagnant thing. makes a bit more sense for things like private trackers where everyone is expected to maintain some sharing torrent ratio -- but the real secret is people can get 99% of stuff just from easy, accessible, and cheaper places like Geek/Planet/etc.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 30, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Heners_UK posted:

A few fixes helped here in NZBGet settings:
* Added a 128MB article cache in Dowload Queue settings - using larger doesn't appear to help necessarily.
* DirectWrite was already enabled in Dowload Queue settings
* Added a 2048KB write buffer in Dowload Queue settings (double the recomendation, not sure if doubling helps)
* Ended up just using default cipher
* Checked Unraid was actually using the SSD - it was.

I've got it up to 80MB/s on annecdotal tests using Newsdemon and Newshosting (both simultaneously). I think there's more I can do frankly as a quick speedtest within a VM and in another docker indicates that my Gigabit connection is getting 800-900mbits (roughy 100-115MB/s)

Have you tried SABNZB? I found it worked a lot better on my Synology NAS.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
If you set up a VPN correctly, and it's shouldn't cause problems per se. However do use SSL from downloading via usetnet. It'ss encrypted traffic that's good enough. The different in say VPN+Bittorrent is bittorrent is unencrypted and amongst hundreds of peers. so it's easy to get DMCA notices out the wazoo (that said DMCA notices are an absolute loving joke, still, it's probably better not to get them) whereas SSL Usenet is encrypted between client-server so either the server would have to be compromised or your client would have to be compromised.

One problem with VPN is that they can be speed-limited so if you have a Gigabit fiber connection or something it's possible the VPN will induce a bigger limit on speed. Thata said when I used NordVPN for bittorrenting I stil got pretty drat good speeds from it. Personally I don't see a reason to pay for a VPN for usenet, but if you want to setup Deluge or something as a torrent fallback in Sonarr/Radar incase Usenet fails to find something, then definitely set one up for that.

It sounds like your foreign seedbox to htpc transfer is already a step way above 99% percentile in protecting, again just use SSL for downloading and transferring and you won't have a problem. That's not to say there's no way ever it can't be tracked but unless you're the president of a major country or something to that degree, then the amount of effort anyone would have to do single you out would be insane.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 18, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think at one point Sab started having bad feature creep, and nzbget supporting things like automatic retries which it didn’t made it a reason to change over (usually when setting systems back up from scratch). In 2020 I think the differences are probably negligible and just stick with what you know.

SAB worked better than NZBGet for me for some reason which was capping out at like 35MB/s compared to 50-60 on SAB but yeah either one is fine. I think SAB is a little easier to use too or just a little nicer interface.

anyways something that's kind of weird is I can't update Sonarr/Radarr/Nzbhydra2 from within the applications themselves through Docker. I have to manually download the image again in Docker, close out the app - clear data, and then re-start it which is just sort of a pain because I'd rather just have it automatically run it through apps (especially because I'm on beta for radarr/sonarr v3). is there something immediately obvious why they couldn't self-update? logs didn't seem to help

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

norp posted:

You could just install that docker image that updates all your dockers

Which one is that?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Tax Oddity posted:

I just upgraded from Supernews to Eweka after not touching my usenet setup for a few years.

Would it be a good idea to pick up a new indexer or two as well? I'm currently on Nzb.su and Nzbcat and I'm having a hard time figuring out if they're good or not, or if there are better options out there.

if you can't find stuff, then you need more or different. i do suggest getting NZBGeek (they sell lifetime accounts for pretty cheap) as well because it has a lot on there and aggregates some. DrunkenSlug is also very solid as well.

and yeah Eweka is great especially if you buy it on sale which happens a few times a year. if people are only going to do 1 provider (and not blocks), eweka would be the go-to jsut because I've found most other providers are DMCA'd to hell and back so finding even marginally old poo poo can be a problem. only downside is speeds will max around ~35 MB/s which is still really good and probably good enough for most people's NAS/ISP.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 7, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bank posted:

Is there some provider out there that just DGAF and has everything (or mostly everything), even if they charge a premium? I haven't had any errors/issues on the things I get, but who knows.. I'm just glad I have it all automated now and I think my setup just grabs it before it disappears.

Eweka by far has been the best at making sure poo poo gets filled when all else fails. They don't follow DMCA and have an "NTD" policy which means DMCA bots can't just up and spam poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Thank you!

Ah crap, I just re-upped UsenetServer for a year.

Can I use Eweka in the US? Sorry if it's a dumb question, their prices are in Euros and they mention all over their site that they are "great for Europeans" so I didn't know if it like, they simply don't work in the US or something.

yeah i use it in the US. paypal does currency conversion. They sometimes have some good deals. I'm paying $40 for a year unlimited or ~$3.33/month. I would wait for Christmas or New Years and see what they offer.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Thanks a billion. Should I just put a reminder in my phone to check their site on both those days or something? Or is the deal something that might show up on Slickdeals' app?

Do you find them being very good with ignoring DMCA pulldowns?

Also when I switch Usenet providers, what else do I have to change? It's been forever...do I have to re-configure Sonarr/Radar and/or all the NZB sites I am a member of for the new provider?
Not sure. Sometimes they get posted to https://www.reddit.com/r/Usenet/ I kind of doubt it would show up on Slickdeals unless there's a particular subcatagory. But yeah just put a reminder to check around Christmas or 12/31 - 1/2.

And yeah I very rarely find theres anything it can't fill.

You can have multiple usenet providers setup, you aren't actually going to "Swap" anything. You should have SABNzb setup as your "download client" which has your providers in a list of places it can download from, and you can order them in different priority if you want to but it's smart enough to try another one if one fails.

Basically your list of indexers and usenet providers can be changed, added, deleted, etc on a whim because it's just a "pool" it chooses

You CAN also have NZBHydra2 do your downloading as well, but imo it's just easier and better to have Radarr/Sonarr manage that. Basically you use your API key to connect Nzbhydra2 as your Indexer Client, and use the SABNZb api key as your Download Client.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 11, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

I am actually trying to follow that post right now. I just bought a lifetime NZBPlanet, so now I have lifetime passes for all the ones listed in that image.

The only thing I am confused about is how NZBHydra2 gets involved? I've had Sonarr and Radarr setup for a long time now with minimal issues. I've never had NZBHydra2 involved and everything seems to work. What does it to exactly with Sonarr and Radarr? From what I am reading it's just a local program that will search a bunch of indexers at once? Seems useful if I am manually looking for something but how does it help with Sonarr and Radarr?

NZBHydra2 is optional but it's nice. You CAN setup Sonarr/Radarr by entering ALL your indexers into Sonarr and Radarr directly, but that means you're setting up a list twice, and if you have to change and edit them you have to change them twice.
It's basically an aggregator for searching all your indexers at once, it also has nice management in you can enter or it can automatically pick up API/Download limits and know not to use them for 24-hrs or use them at a lower priority so you can have it use the free ones with low API/Download limits last. And yeah it's nice for manual search.

Can you skip it? Yes, but it's a nice timesaver because it's one portal where they're all stored and that that means Radarr/Sonarr just has one link to NZBHydra2 and lives off it dynamically.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

sedative posted:

Eweka now offers unlimited speed and 50 connections, up from 300mbit and 20 connections.

€35.88/year is the best available deal https://www.eweka.nl/en/landing/special-usenet-deal

That's really good. Eweka has been my favorite provider but downside is of course speeds won't max out a Gigabit fiber connection and only 20 connections is a little on the weaker side of the industry.

Definitely grab that

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Burden posted:

So I just got v3 of Sonarr and I had a question about the release profiles. If I set h265, hevc, and X265 at say 10 and X264 and h264 at a 1, would it download the 264 if it was available first, and then when the HEVC/265 becomes available it would download that after?

I think you need to add "Upgrade Available up to Indexer Preference" checkbox or something and then needs to be Monitored, but in theory yes. May require some tinkering.

I've got a convoluted setup but I have like +50 to *265 preference but also a file-size max and it seems to work in that it'll download 264 is nothing is available but also has to be under a certain size either way. i find it actually pretty hard to find older movies in *265 format, especially in the 1-7gb range.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I just got the email as well

e: My only charge with them was labeled “Green Goat Gaming”

Yeah I bought VIP back in July 29 and it also came up as Green Coat Gaming. I used my Apple Card so I have pretty good real-time notification of transactions on my phone. I'll keep an eye on it. It sounds like it's only majorly a problem if you did used your CC on/after November 20th 2020 where they may have been intercepting all transactional data which is probably around when they were hijacked. They probably could have worded that better.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Takes No Damage posted:

Unrelated, is there a Plex-like app for books and comics? Something I can point to a folder full of PDFs and CBRs and have some kind of web portal to view them, have some way to organize them, remember where I am in each file etc?
I don't know about a web-access but Calibre is the best ebook management software (and free) that does good oraganization, resuming, auto-tagging/sorting, etc https://calibre-ebook.com/. There's apparently a github fork version with web-access which called Calibre-web but I don't know about how to use it but I can vouch for Calibre https://github.com/janeczku/calibre-web You're on your own with that one but it sounds like if you wanted to read Calibre files on any devices then that's what you want.

For a simpler-standalone software though Calbre itself is very easy to use.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 21, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Diddler posted:

It feels like I have a ton of problems with Geek and NZBHydra, but it works really well with everything else.
Are you using NZBHydra1 or NZBHydra2? I can't say I've had problems with Geek in NZBHydra2. The one I DO have problems with is my SimplyNZBs account for whatever dumb loving reason it keeps getting disabled in Hydra2 but it's also a pretty crummy indexer even though I have a lifetime account there so whatever, maybe I need to adjust Timeout values or something.

Anyways just re-activated my Geek and seems to be working. Glad it's back. DrunkenSlug is great and the only one I pay monthly for, the rest are lifetime or free but NZBGeek being out of commission for awhile was definitely very noticeble for my search results, it's a real heavy hitter.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 25, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Skarsnik posted:

nzb.su is apparently open for registrations at the moment
It's open but there's no free account to really test out hits which is a bummer even just to see if it's panning out that other indexers don't provide. Kinda at that point I'd rather pay $10 euros/yr for DrunkenSlug over $15 usd/yr for nzbsu. I prefer to keep Indexer yearly costs down to a minimum, not much reason to go overboard as far as I know. I've got a Lifetime for NZBGeek + SimplyNZBs and may consider throwing in another lifetime subscription to NZBPlanet (not sure if it's worth it tbh, I think Geek probably has the same poo poo they do), and then just keeping a single yearly sub to DrunkenSlug.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 25, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

hbag posted:

my brain is in fact huge
it turns out i was misunderstanding what sonarr meant by remote path mapping

so now im trying to figure out how the gently caress to get KBFS working on a raspberry pi so i can put the downloads somewhere i can actually access
glad you fixed it

Depends on needs or future-needs. Could just have your RPI running as a file-server / stashing them onto a large external shared drive or something that you remotely map as a Mapped Network Drive and then just pull it up on VLC on whatever r computer you're accessing it from if it's exclusively just "i play poo poo on my laptop at home only".

You can run Plex/Kodi on the RPI so you can watch movies/shows on your laptop, tablet, phone, tv, etc which is very convenient having access to them anywhere. It's nice to just start essentially netflixing stuff from an airport or train on whatever. Thats what I do for my Synology DS918 NAS, however, I dont think Plex on RPi4 supports Hardware Transcoding (at this time) which is a bummer, so I'm not sure how well it'll work. RPi4 is a really nice beast so it may work fine without HW Transcoding. Or you have some setup where your files are shared and then accessed by Plex on another server somewhere else that's more powerful. If you just want to stream directly from the RPI to nearby TV or laptop then Kodi may be better but I honestly haven't used it.

i used to do the whole "pull up an individual file through vlc on a shared drive" thing but really having a Media Server (be it Plex or Kodi) is well worth setting up. it lets you share poo poo with family or friends and can do it on TVs or any device, plus having a library manager that remembers what episode you were on, what youve watched, what youve recently added, etc is just really nice

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 2, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Okay I'm kind of at my wits end here. I've got Plex running on my Synology NAS all hooked up with sonarr/radarr/sabnzbg/etc and generally playing content on my LG CX oled. Starting around maybe about 9 months ago a lot of releases have started playing with green-purple hues all over everything (and if I try to watch Plex on my PC, I get "Color Space Not Supported"). I can't tell from Sonarr/Radarrs file listing what exactly is causing it but it appears to be related to Dolby Vision although it's usually not marked in file names. I've had to go through about 10 different downloads to find one that finally worked. I didn't use to have an issue with HDR content so this is really something that's only sprung up recently and no idea why HDR suddenly is loving everything up?

What the gently caress do I need to blacklist from NZBHydra/*arr programs, or is there any way to fix my LG CX/Plex such that DV content plays without it all being colored purple/green? I guess I could force requiring "SDR" in title but even that doesnt meant every listing will have it or not have it; and I kinda liked having HDR working before.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Thanks everyone. Let me see what I can do

Vykk.Draygo posted:

A quick Google search suggests that the CX supports Dolby Vision. Have you turned it on? I think it's off by default on most devices. Also check to see if Plex has any sort of DV settings.
I didn't see anything under Plex specific about DV. But let me look more at my TV settings. It wouldnt solve the issue with Plex not playing the content on other devices (i.e. PC) but at least if I could watch it without it all being purple-green that would help

Armauk posted:

I've encountered this when I tried to play extremely high-definition files. What sizes are you downloading?

Another option is to see if a particular release group is the culprit. Does the same release group's (or groups') name appear in the filename for the offending movies?
Varies but between 6gb to 24GB.

Typically I'm not seeing release groups in a lot of the file names (or at least finished file names). I'll look more at a list of ones I had to go through before

Burden posted:

Are the files 10Bit? That caused a lot of issues for my users and blocking 10Bit helped.
I think they are, but I didn't use to have an issue with 10Bit content.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 30, 2022

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s Dolby Vision. Just stop downloading Dolby Vision files.
It doesn't always list DV.

MOVIE.2022.REPACK.2160p.MA.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.HDR.HEVC-MZABI
MOVIE2.2022.2160p.HDR.WebRip.x265.10Bit.AC3.5.1-JATT

how do I know those were supposed to be a DV file?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

gabensraum posted:

I had the same problem, but I found the issue (for me, anyway) was only in WEBDL and WEBRIP. Something about how they don't include the fallback format.

In Radarr I was able to take those into account, but making the following custom format, then setting it to a negative value in all of my download profiles.

Sonarr doesn't have such a fine-grained approach, but works well enough to enable a release profile and add this under the "Must Not Contain" section:

code:
/\b(dv|dovi|dolby[ .]vision)\b/i
Thanks! I just stuck that into Radarr, i'll see how it turns out.

I havent had much issue with Sonarr, only came up with Severance with about half the episodes (funny enough, that was the first time I encountered the issue and I thought the show was intentionally stylized that way with green-purple until I got into an ep where it looked normal and i was like huh).

Really wish there was an easy toggle or something Plex