Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Telex posted:

Yeah, not so much.

freenas:/home/sabuser# su - sabuser -c "/home/sabuser/SABnzbd-0.6.0/SABnzbd.py -d -f /home/sabuser/sabnzbd_config/sabnzbd.ini"
/home/sabuser/SABnzbd-0.6.0/SABnzbd.py: not found

it's like what the gently caress, that file is RIGHT THERE. I have no idea what is happening here. I can touch the file, I can chmod the file, I can't run the file.

Try running SABnzbd.py via python. Eg

su - sabuser -c "/path/to/python /home/sabuser/SABnzbd-0.6.0/SABnzbd.py -d -f /home/sabuser/sabnzbd_config/sabnzbd.ini"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

Telex posted:

yeah the problem is that on a FreeNAS, at least the way my ignorant self set it up perhaps, it reads the #/usr/bin/python at the head of SABnzbd.py and goes from there. Python can't be found, not the file in question.

I'm pretty sure this means I did things wrong when installing python but that's where pkg_add dumps the files and I am not clued in enough to know where to put things (not to mention the practical reasons why) and forget where things have gone. It's kind of a lovely error for FreeBSD to imply that it can't find SABnzbd.py when it meant it can't find python at the path in line1 of SABnzbd.py but hey.

If you're trying to make it execute python using a shebang you have it formatted wrong.

Should be #!/usr/bin/python

Just a hashmark by itself is interpreted as a comment

Using the shebang or explicitly calling python from the command line are equally valid approaches and should both work fine.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

The Modern Leper posted:

This is almost certainly a network question more than a Usenet question, but I'm hoping that there's an easy and obvious solution.

Linksys Wireless N router (E2500)
Wireless N USB adapter (2.4 GHz) on a desktop running SABnzbd (Windows 7)
Using astraweb, 12 connections

I'm getting slightly faster downloads compared to my old Linksys WRT54G, but downloads seem to completely overwhelm any other internet traffic. I can't get to Google -- nothing but DNS errors.

I don't think I used any prioritizing settings with my older router; can anyone think of any way to resolve this?

You need to enable QoS (traffic shaping) if your router supports it. This will allow you to prioritize other stuff over "bulk" traffic

Don't know if your router supports it out of the box but you could if you installed a custom firmware like DD-WRT (assuming it's compatible with your model)

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

Grayham posted:

Sick Beard question:

If I have a show set to HD and some of the episodes are downloaded as SD, will SB try to download HD versions of those episode? Or, do I need to use the “custom” setting?

Yes, that is what the "low quality" identifier is for

By default if you set the quality setting to HD it will only download that rather than try SD first. You can set a custom "initial" and then "archive" quality setting that will do SD -> HD

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

simonmoon posted:

Is this stupid? What group would you suggest I use?

Yes. Use an actual backup provider, there are several. I just signed up with backblaze