Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
Looks like XSnews have just discontinued their free IPv6 service :(

500 Thank you for testing IPv6. XSNews now offers IPv6 on all packages. Register now at https://www.xsnews.com use code ipv6tester to get a 30% discount on a year account!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

KingKapalone posted:

How long has nzbs.org been down?

Just checked, it currently up

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Lord Windy posted:

How are you supposed to use it? Thunderbird is my email client, the messages all appear in it nicely, I have no issue joining things and I can cart it around on my USB.

Did you buy an Astraweb subscription in order to read the text-based discussion groups?

Rufus Ping fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 10, 2014

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is that a foreign company that doesn't realize they are a week off?

They haven't spotted the glaring 1990's-style security flaw in their checkout page either so this wouldn't surprise me

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

ijyt posted:

I've been using newsgroupdirect because of their super cheap 1TB block sales, but I'm getting a lot of failures recently - who do they use?

Highwinds

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

punch drunk posted:

Does nzbs.org have an IRC or email I can contact about an account? I did a clean install of windows and nzbs.org is the only place I can't remember my password for. It doesn't recognize any of my emails for password reset either. Is nzbs.org still good or are there better/good enough free options now? I don't actually use it that much and I would rather not pay for anything.

Their email is admin@nzbs.org. I successfully recovered an old account by email in 2012 but ymmv

also #nzbs.org on efnet

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

No they explicitly tell you not to use it for that because they won't give you them

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Check adblock isn't blocking the page's CSS or JS files

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

Looks like they have those free 1mbps accounts like XS Usenet did

Just signed up. Turns out the trial accounts last 3 hours, lol

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

Those affected by .org closing down make sure to check their forums, it ain't much but it's something.

This was useful, thanks

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Might be punching a hole in your firewall with upnp

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

No, just use sab or nzbget and find your content by hand on your chosen indexer

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

You also might get a false positive due to hairpin NAT. Double check it via e.g. mobile data if it appears to be exposed.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Podman now has a built-in auto-update feature you might like to check out

https://twitter.com/rhatdan/status/1326652924483809280

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Nitr0 posted:

No u

Every post you’ve made here could have been resolved by just slowing down and searching the solutions and / or not making poo poo so loving complicated and using ur brain.

Your overcomplications of using Debian thru a socks proxy on a rasp Pi while transferring it to 8 hard drives buried in your backyard connected by fibre optics and powered by potato batteries are probably why you can’t handle the simple steps of install program, download nzb, enjoy file.

I see you're not familiar with 2021's best new poster, hbag

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

it's Eweka

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Newsgroupdirect are selling 500GB blocks for $1.50 today (limited availability)

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Prevent the terminal window from automatically closing and see if it's printing an error message before exiting?

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

UncleGuito posted:

Does anyone know if it's possible to map a domain name A record to dynamic DNS? I use overseer and have it publicly accessible via a subdomain, but my home network IP changes pretty much every week. I tried putting in the dynamic DNS address (created via noip) as an A record but says it only allows IPV4 addresses only (Google domains).

use a CNAME rather than an A record

overseer.yourdomain.biz CNAME yourhomepc.noip.com.

(yourhomepc.noip.com then has an A record to your home IP - noip handle this part)

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

The new ISP probably has better peering

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

:pwn:

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

God drat it I'm just learning this now??

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

bobfather posted:

Isn’t the business model pay a bit per month to store, pay out the rear end to download and restore?

If I recall correctly you can get around the egress fees by accessing the bucket through cloudflare, who have a peering agreement

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

lordfrikk posted:

Deluge was good because it had thin client I could run on my PC and use that to easily feed it torrents. Had problems with stability, though, so I've switched to rTorrent, which is more stable for me, but I can't find a way to connect to my NAS from the desktop.

Transmission supports this with transmission-remote-gui (desktop application) or by exposing the web interface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

gariig posted:

If you use bf20 it's like $16 Euro

€15 - thank you!