Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost
Yep, I'm about done with astraweb. Between the "new" automated takedowns and now the horrible speeds I've been experiencing recently, it's time to find myself another provider.

The problem is, the grass is always greener on the other side. I spent a lot of time the last couple days reading various forums, and it doesn't seem like there are any providers that are any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Nap Ghost
nzbmatrix, newzbin, and nzbsrus are all down now, all within a couple weeks.

that's literally all my search providers. Apparently nzbs.org is invite only.

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Nap Ghost

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

But how long until that gets taken down?

Do they only care when people are trying to make money off of indexing or are they just choosing to get those down before they go for the free ones?

Do people submit to that one? or is it just an automated indexer?

I could, in theory, set up an automated indexer of my own, but that just seems like a whole lot of hassle.

By the way, I'd be really interested in that torrent fallback program you're working on,Thermopyle!

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Nap Ghost

Flaggy posted:

Make one of the requirements has to have been a goon for x amount of time in good standing ala goonfleet.

As an auth guy for goonfleet, this is quite a lot of trouble, as each account is manually verified, and post history is examined. There is an automated system that flags an applicant if they're a newer member or have under X amount of posts, which could be implemented, I guess.

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Nap Ghost

duck monster posted:

This is really loving me off. For the loving life of me 99.9% of everything I've tried is either crap, down, gone paranoid and turned off registrations , or needs invites.

Be happy that it's during the winter break for most TV shows. By the time they're back, I'm quite confident that some enterprising young goons will have something set up for us to abuse, and to get our newsgroup indexing fix from.