Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Sleepstupid posted:

Can someone help me with some Linux stuff? :cry:

Somehow the permissions on my "TV" folder where all my shows get downloaded to got messed up. I haven't changed a thing on this setup since I set it up a few months ago, but I'm trying to add a new show and I'm getting a "Can't create folder" error. The "TV" folder is in my home directory and it has a lock icon on it now. I can't manually add any new folders either.

What command do I need to set this folder so It can be written to by Sick Beard/sabnzbd?

:suicide:

Open a terminal and try
code:
sudo chmod -R +rw ~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

sharktamer posted:

I assume I'm safe given the crowd I'm speaking to, but I hope you're all trying multiple ports before giving up and blaming the providers. I was definitely getting throttled by Virgin media on the lower ports I was offered by my provider.

Makes me wonder what I could possibly do if the secondary ports were throttled too.

Most providers will let you use 443, which is a port ISPs are generally not keen to throttle.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Ragingsheep posted:

Any special block offers running atm? I just changed my ISP which offered free premium Usenet. Otherwise I'm just going to get the 200gb from Blocknews.

Astraweb are offering 1TB for $50. Currently deciding where to refill my blocks, so i'm in the same boat.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

The pHo posted:

Back a year or so ago, nzb.su's VIP status thing was a one off payment for increased status right? Bit pissed off they've changed their minds and changed it to a '$x per y months' scheme instead without grandfathering in previous VIPs to not expire. I barely use it but was always handy as a backup, so felt like I spent money and got nothing out of it.

They gave me a lifetime "friend" account which has all the privileges of the VIP program. Check your profile at: http://nzb.su/profile and see what is listed under the "Role" section.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

The pHo posted:

Just says 'Standard' with a link to get VIP access. I'm looking through PayPal as that's probably how I paid and there's a $5 donation to 'NotBusy LLC' in May. Might be them, might not be. Maybe they only gave lifetime to people above a certain amount, ah well.

I gave them $11 back in October of last year. That makes me think they had a threshold of $10 for goodies. Sorry man. :(

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Is there a command line switch I can add to sickbeard's target line to have it not open a browser window when I launch it? It's irritating to have it launch chrome on boot.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

hifi posted:

It's -b 0 or --browser 0. See here.

Cheers.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I'm trying to get sabnzbd+ to run a one line script after downloading a file. The script uses a small cli program to upload the folder that's unpacked to google drive.

In sabnzbd I get the error "Cannot run script /home/mark/.sabnzbd/scripts/magazines.sh"

The code of the script is below, and I've made sure that it's executable and readable by all users:

code:
#!/bin/sh
drive upload --file "$1"
Any ideas from those who use unix shell scripts with sabnzbd?

edit: Nevermind, sorted it out. The $1 variable passed does not contain the full absolute path, just the relative path from the completed downloads directory.

frameset fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 31, 2015

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Keito posted:

I felt that Astraweb had become unusably bad over half a decade ago, and was even more disappointed with Supernews and Giganews in testing them. Been staying with UsenetBucket for the past couple of years without really needing any backup providers

I like usenet bucket also, but the retention is a little low.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Just a heads up, nzb.su seems to be down due to a database issue.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Dongattack posted:

Anyone got a Plex home server running sabnzbd, sonarr, radar, etc? Which OS did you use for it?

I use Ubuntu Server. Not sure if it's the best choice, but I had experience with it already.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Isn't sickbeard long dead at this point?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I'm convinced Hebsubs is a weird anti-piracy Hollywood group. I can't think of any other reason for burn in subs.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

What's anime got to do with this? And most video players can decode subs in an mkv can't they?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I must be blessed because plex handles all that poo poo for me no issues.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Hughlander posted:

One huge plus for docker (to me) is that once you get your system set up with well updated containers (linuxserver.io for instance.) then any kind of updates just becomes
docker-compose pull --parallel
docker-compose up -d

And every part of your system is on the latest.

I was reading about linuxserver.io the other day and it looks drat cool. I really don't want to have to start again with all my apps though.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

Just because it's easier to get out of a container than a VM does not mean running in a container is on an equal security footing as the same software running directly on your server.

Yeah thinking otherwise is very black and white thinking

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Slash posted:

I think sonarr/radarr work best if you just leave them running permanently and let it figure out when to grab stuff. It know when shows should become available, and starts searching at appropriate times i believe.

Yeah the whole point is to avoid the computer janitoring older solutions required.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

What does this symbol mean on a download in sabnzbd+?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

sedative posted:

That's the Direct Unpack feature. It means it's extracted 20/23 rars while you're still downloading.

Neato, thanks.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I'm thinking of switching my unlimited provider to Eweka, does anyone have any experience with them?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

People still use Sickbeard? I thought that died years ago.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

The only issue I have with Sonarr is having to manually post process the show about dragons that doesn't release its episode title till after it airs.

Everything else has been smooth as silk. Duck and Cover, you say that your Sonarr struggles with season packs? Mine loves them, processes them neatly and tells plex its ready as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I think I had that once, it was because I had removed my backup mount point and it had filled my SSD mounted to /

I was very confused as my huge LVM group had TBs of space left. Once I figured it out and cleaned up the mess, I restarted the sabnzbd service and it was fine.