Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

monkeybounce posted:

That said, there are some drawbacks too, but the benefits well outweigh them.

Could you elaborate on some of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Raffles posted:

Any updates on the goonzb project?

Last I heard they had the hardware installed, but I haven't heard anything other than that. If anyone has any information, I'd like to know (by PM if it's not something we want to talk about publicly).

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

kri kri posted:

Heads up if you are looking for a dognzb account.

How is dognzb, by the way? When it first came out, it was horribly slow and just a pain to use. Has it changed much?

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Out of curiosity, how do the NZB sites get their content? Are there NZB backbones, for lack of a better term, upstream that they copy from?

Also, is there a Docker thread? I'm looking at migrating my usenet stuff to Docker and am trying to wrap my head around how you interface with the file system.

I just got my entire setup dockerized using this: https://github.com/GhostWriters/DockSTARTer

Super easy to get started - it handles most everything for you. All you need to is configuration.

unpurposed fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 20, 2019