Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Are TV shows suddenly failing for everyone now? Ever since a week ago new shows are DOA, downloads at like 400b/s before failing (out of retention). I thought it might be an indexer problem since nzb.su has been taking the poo poo recently, but I tried using OZnzb and same issue.

Using Sick Beard + SABNZBD with Supernews and Womble/SB/nzb.su/OZnzb as indexers. Perhaps Supernews (and presumably all Astraweb resellers) have started DMCAing everything instantly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

ClassH posted:

I have not had any failures in the past few weeks on Astraweb with blocknews and tweaknews backup accounts. Also Supernews is Giganews I think.

The Gunslinger posted:

Supernews + Blocknews continues working fine for me but its chewing through my Blocknews fill at a very fast pace. At this rate I'll probably be better off just getting 1TB of Blocknews by itself.

Ah yes I meant Giga. You guys just reminded me I have a Blocknews account which I've just added back into SAB, everything's downloading at a hundred per cent now but I'm thinking I should just dump Supernews (out of 5 shows this week, 1 downloaded 4 failed). Any good preferably EU recs?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Whelp I just looked at my supernews transfer stats and figured out I could have saved about $300 bucks in the 6 years I've had an account with them if I'd gone with a block provider instead. RIP ounce of dank nugs I'll never smoke

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

The Gunslinger posted:

You got me curious so I priced it out. In 7 years I've done 11TB of transfers. With Supernews I paid roughly $900. With a decent block provider I would've paid $1000+ unless I only used black friday deals or coupon codes. My first block provider went out of business so stocking up there would've been kinda lovely.

I guess if you're only doing 100GB or less a month then a block provider probably makes more sense.

Yeah there are some bumps where I discover a new show and proceed to download 6 seasons of HD episodes but for the most months it hovers at 30-70gb (and 3 months that were <10gb, which was surprising) as SB/Sonarr grabs currently airing shows. For the most part I prefer to use HDB to grab movies since I use that site it to discover films anyway and plus their internal releases seem to have noticeably better quality than the usenet releases

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Anyone ever experienced problems with nzbget on windows 10?

I used nzbget years ago on a macbook, but for some reason I didn't like it on windows. Recently I reformatted my PC and was in the middle of installing everything again and I decided to give nzbget a go.

When downloading, CPU % spikes from 8 to 16. During those spikes my computer seems to pause for a moment and the cursor freezes for a split second. In the task manager disk usage also looks like this

Also (and the reason I specified windows 10), antimalware service executable constantly uses 7% cpu as nzbget is downloading.

What the hell is going on? Haven't changed any settings for nzbget on install except directory scan (disabled). Everything is on a 500gb samsung evo ssd, but the download directory is a 1gb hdd.

I've never had a problem with sabnzbd and its bugging the gently caress out of me because according to everyone nzbget is supposed to be most responsive and lighter on resources

e: no wait I don't think nzbget is installed as service

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 15, 2016