Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
So Couchpotato seems to have crapped out on me again. I need something that will rename the files that CP would normally handle so that Plex can pick them up. Ideally, it would offer an interface for automatic searches, but I'm will to do my own search if there's a SABNzbd script that will do the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Burden posted:

SAB renames my movie files for me. Just add a movies category to SAB and enable movie sorting.

:doh: Thank you.

Keito: While "fix it" is an incredibly helpful piece of advice, it's difficult to follow when (a) literally nothing changed before it happened and (b) the program's response to adversity is to poo poo out five lines of Python-related error message.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Working from the Windows executable, so it's a closed environment. A Google search suggests that it's happened to others, but no word on cause or solution.

CP isn't that important to my process, so it's not a big deal. Sonarr is great because it's easier and offers more useful options than RSS. CouchPotato doesn't do anything that I couldn't do by a one-time search.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Telex posted:

Totally right, high quality software that can transcode your material on the fly and organize it behind the scenes and fetch metadata and subtitles and everything else should be free. Stick it to the man!

:ironicat: in the Usenet thread. That being said, $5 for the app was money well spent (I use it on my phone and iPad). Was going to pay for the subscription, but the the Roku app went gold and I don't need any of the other "perks" that come with Plex plus.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Just cancelled my Astraweb account because I was seeing the same issues as everyone else. Is SuperNews the next best option? I'm also looking at UsenetBucket based on the two mentions on this page, but I don't think my home network is fast enough to justify paying 13 euros for UsenetBucket's 400 mbit plan instead of 10 USD for SuperNews's 100 mbit plan

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

I'm not a fan of any Giganews provider, backups just get hammered every time I've used one. Tweaknews is the best one as a main from my experience, Astraweb still gets used quite a lot as a backup as does UsenetNews, which is Blocknews

I have a backup block from BlockNews, so it looks like Tweak or Super. Super's a little cheaper because of the exchange rate, but I'll research.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 26, 2016

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I was paying through Paypal. Paypal was being "honest," so I don't know if they were ever actually charging me.

Thanks for the feedback. I only ever pull stuff through Sonarr and CouchPotato, so I'm only grabbing things as they become available. I've got about 48 gigs left in my Blocknews account, so I'll probably let that burn out before signing up for Frugal Usenet. BlockNews has been reliable when I've needed it, so there may not be too much need for a backup from Frugal. Will probably buy 50 or 100 gigs from Tweaknews, just in case. NewsGroupDirect (Highwinds reseller) sells 50 gigs for $10, but I understand that Highwinds is a shitshow.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Build a better mousetrap, etc. It might be unfair if they can starve out competition with artificially low prices, but they're charging similar to Frugal so I feel there's legitimate competition.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I thought BlockNews was independent. Ah well

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Oznzb does (did?) this. After you downloaded five files, it would "lock" future API hits until you rated what you'd previously downloaded. It wasn't super intuitive, but it let you rate audio and video separately.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Keep us updated!

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
What's the advantage of anything over a search bar and an RSS feed? It's a convenient, user-friendly way to set and forget a "wish list" and preferred quality settings, automate filing and renaming, etc.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
If it's a Sonarr fork, you can identify a preferred file size range for any purported quality, which helps filter out the chaff. Honestly, though, I've never really had a problem with quality. Everyone's working off the same source material, and file size is generally good indicator of what you're going to get.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
CouchPotato simply decided not to work, so I've installed Radarr. It looks nice (like Sonarr) and was easy to set up, but I'm not sure if the quality settings transfer over. I would never be looking for low quality stuff, but there's a lot "DVDScr" stuff floating out there, and I don't know how to get Radarr to recognize them ("DVD" doesn't seem to work).

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Frugal Usenet just expanded to 1,000 days retention. They're... okay when it comes to missing parts, but still may be worth checking out if you don't have power user needs.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Xsnews shut down their foreign accounts. Anyone have a suggestion for a good backup to frugal news? had good experiences with blocknews in the past, but I think they're the same as frugal?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

tonic posted:

My block account on xsnews still works?

Sorry, NewsXS. Is xsnews a reseller?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Just got the email with the login information. It's kinda wonky that each block has its own user name and password, but otherwise a great price for a lot of data.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Nfcknblvbl posted:

There just aren't enough scene guys out there with wives or girlfriends, it's a shame.

This is a bit of a gag, but it is an issue that the scene is (or appears to be) somewhat homogeneous. I'm sure there are some groups that just strip everything out there, but it's always going to be easier to find something from Adult Swim or VICE than something from OWN or BET or HGN (regardless of actual viewership), or even something similarly "niche" from a mainstream network.

Totally dumb to say "My :filez: aren't diverse enough!" but it's something I've noticed.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Just got a Synology NAS for Plex and Usenet. Installed Plex from an spk, but thought that u would try Docker for Sabnzbd, Radarr and Sonarr. Running into what I think is a fairly common issue in that Radarr can't see the files that Sabnzbd downloads (it's in the right folder, just not finding any files). I was able to confirm that the UID and GID are the same, so I don't know what the problem is. I saw someone mentioning creating a whole new user for media, but that doesn't make any sense since I'm the only account on the system and I'm assuming that everything would be tied to the numeric UID anyway.

I'm using the "Linuxserver" versions of both Radarr and Sabnzbd. This is my first real experience with Linux, and the streamlined GUI is making it difficult to follow examples from the internet.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 27, 2017

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Thank you both. Since Plex was already outside of the Docker environment, I ended up making additional "download" folders in there, and pointing Sonarr and Radarr out of Docker and into those. I guess (?) the problem was trying to process the downloads from within the Docker/Sabnzbd folder.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

FCKGW posted:

Ever since I connected Radarr to Trakt and told it to grab the top 25 most watched movies of the week, I haven't even manually added anything in months.

Well, this has certainly opened new windows of opportunity.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

In other news, holy poo poo Trakt lists in Radarr are literally the bestest things ever.

Echoing this. I set up something similar using the weekly list someone mentioned before. Capped it to movies with "quality" above 75, though. Had to jump on SABnzbd to stop a bunch of holiday stuff from piling up, but I can definitely see it being very helpful in the future.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Never "trending." Never IMDB.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Thermopyle posted:

The main problem I have with subs is forced subs.

Watching a movie and then I'm wondering "is this part supposed to be in another language without captions or is it missing forced subs?".

This. I literally got through like 1/4 of The Shape of Water before realizing that it wasn't a creative directorial decision to leave the sign language and Russian untranslated. It's all or nothing, apparently.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Is there a major difference between indexers? I'm a member of both Nzbcat and nzbs.org--is there any significant benefit to seeking out additional indexers? Is it like private trackers, where there may be things that I can't find elsewhere, or is everyone basically just scraping the same groups with more stability/guaranteed uptime/etc.?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I basically cap 1080 at minimum 5 Mbps/sec (per Netflix), maximum 20 Mbps/sec (per Plex), and run the sliders accordingly.

(20 * 60 * 90)/8/1024 = ~13.2 GB.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Thankful for cat, but will likely donate to the one that accepts PayPal (without the sketchy "email me your information" option).

I just set up nzbhydra on my Synology (don't want to do the effort of installing 2 on my Synology right now), and it does look as though some indexers provide more or fewer unique results on a given search. It's unclear that makes a difference on finding what you're looking for, but it does look like it makes sense to have a couple in your back pocket.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Adding to the ratio... I've had no problem with Sonarr compare to my experiences with Sickbeard. It was enough of positive experience that I ditched Couch potato for Radarr.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Keito posted:

Adding in fuzzy guesswork like that sounds like a proper recipe for disaster in the making.

The odd thing is that this generally already works. I had a show that was formatted Looney-Tunes style (discrete 11 minute episodes, aired back to back in 30 minute chunks). Sonarr recognized that the file was named "E01S01-02" or something similar, and triggered both episodes as captured based on the one download. It was just the one show, and some release groups broke the episodes into their own individual files so it wasn't a common thing to deal with, but it generally worked for me.

EDIT: If anything, Plex had the harder time dealing with them despite the naming conventions.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
It looks like Usenetserver and Frugal Usenet (my current unlimited provider) are on the same backbone, but the former has longer retention with fewer connections. May use it as a backup to my backup block account where speed isn't a concern, at least until the other shoe inevitably drops.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Do you just search yourself, or do you use something other than Sonarr? Would love to give myself fully to HEVC, but Sonarr doesn't support it and I don't think it's universally available enough to require it in searches.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I've only really played with keywords in radarr, and I think that only sets them at the indexer level. Thanks, I'll check it out.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I was actually just thinking about this. I looked up a remux movie in radarr and found files ranging from 38 to 85 gigs. When I clicked through to the indexers, it looked like all the results tied to the same (or similar) 38 gig mkv file. Would high quality audio files take it up that much?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Both of my go to indexers went down for maintenance over the weekend. Is there a go to "spit and duct tape" indexer that can fill the gap? I remember, like, binsearch (?) a while ago, but I don't know if it still exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Incessant Excess posted:

A scene group has been busted:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-movie-pirates-bust-20200825-p6hiwexxxbd47faukjgvftfqyq-story.html

Group used several aliases, so this affects releases from: SPARKS = DRONES = ROVERS = GECKOS = SPRINTER = ALLiANCE = DEMAND = HD4U = LAZERS = FTP

Man. SPARKS and DRONES are a big part of my library. Lot of FTP in there, too.