Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
Perhaps someone can help me understand how something like Supernews, nzb.su, and your reader all interface?

Say I get an account at Supernews and then use nzb.su as my indexer, how do these two interface? I don't see any options on nzb that lets you say "Hey I have an account at Supernews!", so my question would be how are the two linked together, because it appears you can just download any nzb file with no mention of Supernews, so why pay them the $10 bucks?

I am sure there is something I am missing, but I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, and after reading the first 15 pages or so I didn't see it discussed. I know it all works together somehow, but I like to know how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

So then basically nzb indexes all usenet providers, and when sabnzbd downloads something it grabs the appropriate file from whoever your provider of choice is?

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Well I knew it was something simple I was missing, thanks.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

I got sabnzbd and Sick Beard setup with my computer last night, and I have to say its a pretty slick setup, I wish I had read this thread before yesterday!

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Has anyone tried using Sickstache on their android phone and got it working with Sickbeard? I installed it and put in all of the correct information, but it keeps giving me an error message, and i dont know what the gently caress.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

I have it set to local only, how do I set up sickbeard with an ip address instead of just localhost?

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Does anyone else have a problem where they download a NZB from NZBmatrix and it opens in sabnzbd, it shows it downloading at 0 KB/s, but its obviously going much faster?

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I believe that means it has been completely removed from the server. Is it downloading faster than your connection speed?

Hard to say without the monitor, but it ended up being corrupted so i guess thats whatit was.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Edit: Nevermind figured it out.

Porkchop Express fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 20, 2012

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

I think SickBeard may have just totally poo poo itself, it keeps saying database malformed, cannot look up stuff on the default index, all sorts of crazy errors on the log popped up.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

So is anyone else having a problem with SAB not opening on startup on Windows 8? I checked in the task manager and it says it is enabled to run at startup, it just never does, I have to go manually open the shortcut from my desktop every time I start the computer up.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

...! posted:

Is SAB itself not running or is it just not opening the web interface on startup? I'm not sure how you'd even set up the latter outside of loading your browser on startup and somehow instructing it to automatically open the SAB interface.

When I open the web interface it says cannot connect, and I have to manually open SAB from the link on my desktop and reload the page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

FCKGW posted:

YOu can either put it in your startup folder or create a task to start at login in task scheduler.

I have both and it doesn't seem to work. I thought the latest version fixed it because it referenced a start issue, but it hasnt solved it for me.