Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So can I assume the NZBMatrix VIP is worth it, seeing as I can't register for nzbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

EC posted:

It's worth it for older/rarer stuff, but if you just want the current crop of stuff that gets posted daily I'd go with the internal Sickbeard index and nzb.su. Dognzb was also still open the last time I looked.

Dog went private about a week ago, unfortunately.

Sickbeard has been working well enough for me.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 15, 2012

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

gi- posted:

CouchPotato v2 (beta) is out and it's super awesome. Screenshots are on their facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/CouchPotatoApp

It might look awesome but no matter what I try it refuses to show any of my films in the Manage tab. :colbert:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

gi- posted:

I assume you tried 'Full Library Refresh" and 'Quick Library Scan' on the Manage page, to the right of the search box (three dots on the button). It took a very long time for my movies to start to populate.

There are also settings for Manage / Movie Library Manager.

Yup, still isn't showing anything.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh god I just bought a year of astraweb. :negative: (And I've only just found out about all the takedowns).

ijyt fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 7, 2013

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Flaggy posted:

You will be fine if you signed up for some of the other providers before they went private.

If I were so lucky. My only real avenue of use at the moment is SB, and even then everything I'm interested in is on hiatus . Ah well, I saved $40, something will come along in a month or so no doubt.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I run with UAC enabled and it's pretty annoying realising that Sickbeard hadn't launched because it requires Admin rights. Is there any way to run SB at startup without disabling UAC?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Squibbles posted:

I think if you install it somewhere other than program files it won't require admin?

Looks like I've been over-complicating things again, cheers!

e: v I'll keep that in mind too, thanks.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 15, 2013

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Keito posted:

It's been two years for mine as well, and I started considering paying up after the "your account has been selected for deletion unless you go VIP" mail came last week. :v:

The fact that they've now also disabled API access for free accounts might provide an extra incentive to upgrade...

I'm still kind of worried about putting my card info into the site, although I guess we would've known by now if something shady was going on.

You can always set up a quick virtual credit card, but really I haven't seen anything shady on my bank statement just yet. Hell, the site has better encryption than my banks so make of that what you will. Either way I had to order a new card so even if the site is dodgy (there would have definitely been posts if it was stealing details) it'll be invalid in a few days.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I also have one (1) invite, the 4th person to PM me will get it.

The raffle was won by Raffles, sorry to everyone else!

e: ^I like that system, assuming you don't have the same people as I do.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 23, 2013

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

nzb.su invite up for grabs, 4th PM gets it.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 1, 2013

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

nzb.su invite up for grabs, 4th PM gets it.

Jonny Quest got it, sorry lads.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Huh, nzb.su seems to be giving 5 invites a week now, so there'll be plenty to go around. The other 4 guys that PM'd me and missed out, check your inboxes!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I still have 3 2 1 invite left for nzb.su, first come first served.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 2, 2013

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

...! posted:

Sickbeard just hosed me over. I forgot to pause SAB before I went to bed; I have to do this because Sickbeard loves to waste my bandwidth snatching new versions of poo poo that I don't want and I can't seem to find a way to turn it off. Last night was a new low, though; it grabbed the same drat file thirty-four times before I caught it. It's going to send me over my monthly bandwidth quota which is going to mean I get an awesome new fee from my ISP.

I am extremely angry about this. Does anyone know what could cause this or better yet, does anyone know a way to tell Sickbeard to not ever search for new versions of stuff? gently caress. :mad:

Is SB maybe trying to archive poo poo in a higher quality, as it finds it?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Trillest Parrot posted:

I had to reset my password too. I thought I was just using the wrong one, but they may have had an issue.

EDIT: Looks like they had an account migration recently: http://nzb.su/board/

gently caress, I can't remember the email I signed up with, and GMail is being a bitch about authentication.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hogburto posted:

If you aren't using a password manager, it's time to start using a password manager. I recommend KeePass.

Yeah, it's starting to get pretty ridiculous trying to remember everything. I've ended up resetting passwords on email accounts I rarely use every time I want to use them. Luckily emailing nzb.su and giving the payment date for VIP seems to be an alternative method of recovery.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Is this $7.5/pm deal exactly the same service as the Astraweb $96 yearly? My $80/year is nearly up (1st January), and I'm trying to renew with a similarly reasonable price. Not interested in blocks as my monthly amount basically results in (roughly) paying for the same amount in blocks over a year as it would paying for unlimited.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Thanks, reading back through the pages of this thread people were talking about a good block deal from these guys:

http://www.newsgroupdirect.com/signup/

And they seem to have a similar one again, 1TB for $40. Could anyone who signed up to them give a bit of info on how smoothly the experience has gone for them?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Alright, picked them up as my main and worst comes to worst I'll get Astraweb from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I've been using newsgroupdirect because of their super cheap 1TB block sales, but I'm getting a lot of failures recently - who do they use?. Also is nzb.cat any decent? Currently using nzb.su but it's been a bit iffy.

e: v at that price for lifetime can't really complain, guess I'll use .su as a backup.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 3, 2016