Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

you can do that, in a way. you can create your own quality filters in teh options. i have one that searches for DVD quality and 720p, if it finds a 720p copy it doesn't bother with the DVD quality. that's the 'Finished' checkbox as you select what qualities you want it to find.

if it finds a DVD quality first it will download that, and keep it in the cue till it finds a 720p version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

i was never able to get the renaming in CP to work, I've always just let SAB rename them, which seems to work out well.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

PlasticSpoon posted:

I'm trying to use a feature I haven't used before, and I am not sure how to set it up.

I want nzb's with a certain label in the file name to go to a separate directory, not a folder within the main downloads folder, but a separate drive altogether. Is there any way to set that up, and possibly have it use a TEMP directory in the different drive too?

i don't know if that is built in to SAB, but what i would do is create a PERL post processing script or one in what ever scripting language you are comfortable with and have it do a search on the NZB file name, and if it finds it then after the extract it would move it to where ever you want it to.

i made a script some time ago that would automatically sort NZBs that i emailed to myself after download if it had the correct category in the file file name. it should be pretty easy to go from that to what you want. message me or email me and my user name @gmail and i can send it to you.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Odette posted:

This interests me. Do you mean .nfo files pointing to IMDB, or all the information (IMDB, movie covers, fanart, etc) all stored on the HDD?

I'm curious as to how that works. Maybe post in the XBMC thread, as it would be off-topic here.

I use a program called Media Companion, it downloads everything, art, info, ratings, genre, etc, and you can look at different sources for art so can find what you want easily.

i found that in order for XBMC to read the art/nfo off the drive i had to map the remote drive and point my library at that. i.e. my m:\ = \\server\movies If i didn't do that it and just loaded up \\server\movies into the library XBMC would try to scrape the movies itself.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Tide posted:

One of the more recent issues I'm having is deleting files after I've downloaded them. Nearly every time I do, I get a pop up about "Thumbs" files and can't continue - no matter how many times I click "Try Again". The file isn't open in any media player or file viewer (win explorer, etc).

What's going on?

select the folder hit delete, when it complains, click on another folder before hitting "try again". I've had that happen and what i think it is is that windows is using that file to get metadata or something for the folder you have selected that is then displayed in the status bar and side bar. for whatever reason it decides not to release it to be deleted. i had that problem a lot with WHS v1, but haven't had it at all in Win2008 R2.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

if the episode is the latest from the series it will be set to "High" priority, if it isn't the latest it will get a "normal" priority level.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

i had that problem when i had (i think it was) Windows Media player automatically adding new files to the library right from the download directory. Like fishmanpet said something is accessing the files. i would look for anything that may be indexing the folder, like the windows search indexer.

I also had that happen on windows home server because it would start to duplicate the data and wouldn't release it in time to allow it to be renamed.

Lord Dekks posted:

Ah, could just having the folder open in windows explorer be doing that? I tend to often have it open to see which files I don't need anymore and can be deleted.

it's possible, but in my experience when i have the _unpack_ folders open when it is done extracting the folder would just closed on me. If however you click on one of the files then that would open the thumbs.db hidden file and that would prevent the folder from being renamed. This can be fixed by checking "always show icons never thumbnails" in the folder options.

Waffle Conspiracy fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 6, 2012

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

could be because of the beta site and things going on behind the scenes? I pointed mine to the beta site instead and have had no issues.

I believe your API key is different for the beta site, so double check your prefs.

beta.nzbs.org if you don't know what i'm talking about

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

yes, just set it up as a generic newznab provider

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Feenix posted:

Add your existing shows (you mean via the SickBeard interface? re-add one by one?)

when you tell it to add a preexisting show it will scan the default directory and show you all the shows that it sees and allows you to check which ones you want to add -- it will then scan those directories to figure out what episodes you have.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

i believe you need a space between chmod and +, i.e. "chmod +x /path/to/file"

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

yep, run an "ll" to check the current permissions

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

i had that problem before -- for me it was that i was pointing it to a network share. once i mapped the share to a local drive XBMC started using the local files.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

have you cleaned your SAB completed history recently? when that gets too big i've had it cause problems.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Milky_Sauce posted:

I have deleted the completed folder if that's what was suggested.

i was saying to clear your history in SAB, you do this by clicking on the (X) button near the history search box.

does it only happen for TV? if so i would check sickbeard's history and see if there is a correlation between when it happens and the indexer it used to grab the file.

Waffle Conspiracy fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 31, 2012

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

You probably need to go into the system setting and enable HTTP and remote commands.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

is your sickbeard instance up to date?

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

I've noticed two things when i upgraded to frodo -- one is that if the tv show isn't in the library i have to do a manual scan to get it in there before SB can update it. the other thing is that the 'Latest' videos isn't always accurate, older movies / tv episodes i add don't show up even though they were just added and are in the library.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Feenix posted:

Guys it's been over a year since I set up SAB and Sickbeard... So my memory is a bit hazy. I just got a friend to finally dive in and we got it set up well except I can't remember how to have the shows go into their own directories.

It's renaming. It's placing them in the right master folder, it's just not putting it into show/season sub folders and I cannot recall where to handle that.
Help me be a bigger help to him?

do you have 'flatten files' checked in the show's settings?

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

I've never had that in a download -- but to me a .bin file is a cd/dvd image, which could be written with imgburn or i would try to extract the contents with 7zip.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

i use hmail server to redirect my emails. My apps use that as the mail server, without SSL, then hMail redirects it to my gMail account with SSL. One big benefit of this is that i only need to change my gmail password in hMail rather than all my apps.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

In sonar there is a missing episodes page which will list all the missing episodes and let you choose which ones to search for.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

they billed me last in 2011 -- service has never stopped working.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

re: speeds;
I recently got 1Gb/s internet -- With Astraweb 10 connections i top out at 28MB/s with an average of 14MB/s. With Supernews 30 connections I've maxed out at 40MB/s with an average of 35MB/s.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

with supernews i get upwards of 33MB/s down -- it averages around 25MB/s on most downloads. Astraweb was a little slower but had 10 fewer connections.

I switched from Astra to SN because of the speed difference when i got GB internet.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Duck and Cover posted:

Faketitleshow.Season.5.480p.HDTV.H264-20-40

In what world is 480p HD? Is this a 480 encode from a HDTV source? Is that what's trying to be communicated.

yes, the HDTV part is the source not the current quality.
it typically is named something like: Show.Episode.quality.source.encoder

Waffle Conspiracy fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 24, 2019

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

under /settings/mediamanagement you can remove the root folders that SONARR knows about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

mcbexx posted:

Is there a way to clear the search history of an indexing site?
Specifically, drunkenslug and abNZB? Apparently it's not stored locally, clearing cookies for those sites doesn't clear it.

searches are part of the browser and not cookies. in chrome in the privacy section you can clear your search history -- you just need to find that for your browser. I'm assuming you're talking about the auto fill in the search bar. when i clear that in chrome nothing autofills in DS for me.