Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

I use Supernews basically because it's what I used in the 1998 and when I got back into this last year I just went with the name I knew.
I use EasyNews which I am surprised isn't mentioned very often. I've used them since RoadRunner stopped carrying the alt.binary groups back in 2005. They have 1300 day retention, SSL access on a dozen different ports, and 20GB/month (with rollover) for $10. I don't know how they do it but I get about 29mbit when pulling things from them via SABnzbd. I've not had a download that had missing parts that couldn't be repaired automatically in like 4 years.

Looking at the OP though, I didn't know there was such a thing as block plans. That's a heck of a good deal because I don't download anywhere near 90GB a month. I'd definitely need another bigger hard drive for that.

EDIT: And I had trouble with the SABnzbd RSS not downloading anything this morning and I thought it was just because I was dicking with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU