Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
Here to blow my own horn.
LaserWash,

I know what you are talking about and it is just all kinds of :psyduck: I don't know what artard decided that a 120 episode season would be a good idea. The only way to fix it is to go grab the files and rename them to match accordingly. If you just do TITLE - S02E34.avi it will pick it up just fine on it's next import scan.

At least this is what I did for a similar situation.

I love sick beard, but I treat it more of a jumping off point which I will manually help along every so often. It's great at the popular stuff, but it's not so good at the canceled and obscure. I don't have any premium sites however so your mileage may vary.

---

As a question, I am trying to do some handbrake encoding. I got the whole thing down pat, fill up the queue, wait a day, fill it up some more. Is there a way to distribute the work load to other machines in my home. I have a few extra computers just lying around and would like to dump an ISO or large 1080p file and convert it to my standard settings and then have it dump back the output to a central point. I have plenty of local hard disk space and network traffic isn't an issue as it's all wired Gig-e. I imagine this is possible, and I guess I could write a front end/my own GUI but I wouldn't want to reinvent the wheel here.

Edit: To be clear I am not talking about parallel encoding so much as distributed encoding. More folding at home than bluejean. I want to encode two files at the same time from a single queue - that auto fills from one to the next. If it doesn't exist, I guess I found my christmas project.

KennyG fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
Sickbeard should allow a local db override. Figure out a correction and tell Sickbeard instead of fighting thetvdb for control

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002

Thermopyle posted:

What's better about it? I have it enabled but looking at my history only one thing has come from there and the rest all comes through nzbs.org or nzb.su...

Is there any goon trickeration on accessing NZBS.org or does anyone have any idea of the next time registration will open?

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002

Tutu posted:

Is there a VPN thread? I'm thinking about doing the giganews diamond plan with the VPN, but wondering if there's a cheaper/better way to get a good usenet provider and vpn...

Why do you feel a vpn is better/necessary than just straight SSL?

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
Yes, it will utilize multi-backup/fill servers.
Maybe it will make a difference.

If you are suffering from a DCMA takedown, if they've hit all the major networks with enough info to prevent it from working, it won't really matter if you have 483 backup servers.

Primary -> Free -> Block

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
hmm. Seems like there is something up with your ISP/SABnzbd or something playing games - I have the following settings and don't get any of these problems.

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
I've seen a lot of poorly encoded videos. I've seen many more using an encoding algorithm that while it doesn't look bad, is just terribly inefficient (I'm looking at you xviD). If I'm not into the 'OMG OSS :techno:.' what's the harm in transcoding these in to h264? (despite the really minor drop in quality of copying the copy) It seems that handbrake Standard does a much better job than any xviD's I see that come out of the 'scene' and I'm a little shocked that it's not the standard.

Does anyone have any further insight into this?

I'd even start trying to grab HD and transcode to 480p if that made sense as it would be smaller and look better than (much of) the SD stuff out there now.

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
I'm doing something wrong with couchpotato. I added some queue items but I want it to download the following items in order of preference

(prefer)
Dvdr (including screeners and R5)
720p
1080p
BR-Rips
Xvids

(everything else can go gently caress itself)

I want the top 3 to satisfy the queue (finished I think is the term)

I've messed with the settings but can't seem to make it work right to do what I'm describing.

Little help?

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002

Roving Reporter posted:

I(and I assume many others) are having this same problem. Not sure if its something with Eden or maybe how CouchPotato writes the NFO files now. Even a lot of the 'manual' media scrapers have been hit or miss for me in XBMC. Sickbeard shows appear perfectly for me as well.

Eden b2 supposedly addresses this scraper issue. Released Tuesday? Check it out

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002

inpheaux posted:

Note that while they CAN do this, they don't go out and actively police what's being downloaded. Under current law, any actual litigation would have to be initiated by a rights holder. With torrents it's easy for a rights holder to roll on into a torrent with several thousand peers and send out blanket requests to all the ISP's they find to initiate the process. With Usenet there's no way for a third party to see what you're doing, so there's no one available to bitch at your ISP.

Still a good idea to use SSL, though.

More importantly, they actually have an active incentive not to inspect your traffic.

DMCA safe harbor and other provisions for an ISP hinge on the fact that they are little more than a 'dumb pipe.' When they start moving to content inspection for one type of content, they become liable for all content. This is why Comcast cable doesn't inspect your downloads for NBC/Universal content. Because once they have actual knowledge of what the content is, they become just as responsible as the user. This is why torrents are so easy to check, they don't have to inspect the pipe, they go to the source and pool the swarm for the 10,000 IP's that are on the Hurt Locker or whatever. From there, it's robosubpoena time.

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002

duz posted:

Incorrect. Active monitoring and other forms of proactive responses do not remove safe harbors despite lawsuits to the contrary.

Aw gently caress, you're right. The ISP provisions of the 512 immunity (part a) are pretty easy to comply with. I was thinking common carrier, but then got lazy and only read for the part I was looking for in part b.

Nitr0 posted:

Reminder: You are on home connections paying less than $50 (assumedly) per month. If you want dedicated 50Mb then get ready to pay for it.

When you make a deal with the devil...

KennyG fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002

bort posted:

That's less than 30 megabit. You sure your modem supports 50?

Does the subordinate clause have something to do with the devil giving you 50 megabit?

Mine had more to do with my opinion that comcast is the devil.
"It's craptastic!™"

25/25

KennyG fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 31, 2012