Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

How do you specify quality settings in My Movies...that's one of the biggest purposes of CP. You've been able to set up RSS feeds for searches on different NZB sites for a long time.

With regard to CP renaming issues...I've had it misname a movie maybe three or four times out of maybe a couple hundred movie downloads.

I think perhaps you have something configured wrong if it's not renaming correctly. Granted, if you can't figure out the mis-configuration, CP is a failure...but it IS possible to get it working well.

The only issue I've had with CP is that it won't move the files to another directory afterwards. Otherwise, it seems to work great.

subx posted:

So I tried Newzbin again for the first time in a long while and it seems like its got everything the other sites do again. (rereading that it was a terrible sentence, whatever).

Is there something I'm missing? Because if it actually has all of the content, Newzbin has the best functionality of any Usenet search site.

I haven't used newzbin since their legal issues. After moving on to other sites, I realized how much I dislike how newzbin names nzbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

EC posted:

Sickbeard can download SD first them replace it with the HD copy. I don't think it will save both though. Why would you want to do that?

Does Sickbeard do this automatically or do I need to enable it? Also, will it rescan my folders at a future date and replace with higher quality if they become available automatically?

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
I'm having a problem with CP; it will not move the folder. I don't want the folder or file re-named; I just want it moved from the default complete folder onto another drive. I currently have the Renaming tab enabled, point it to where my Movies are placed, then have the Movie Destination the drive/folder where I want them to end up. Both Folder and File Renaming are blank.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

Click "show naming options".

You'll see there's an "original" tag to use original filename.

Typing in "original" causes everything to be named "original." Do I want to put in something like this:

thename.year.quality.sourcemedia.audio.video-group

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
I'm getting CP to successfully move the file for me, but what I'm looking for is for it to move the entire folder with naming and files intact. Can CP do this and I'm just missing some setting?

Also, I've been running into a ton more incomplete files on Astraweb recently. I hope this trend doesn't continue ug.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

haywire posted:

I don't understand these speeds people are getting, unless providers have started throttling. Back when Astraweb sucked less (3 years ago), and our techs accidentally disabled throttling in our University digs, I was getting ~25MB/sec (something like 200Mbits or something) from Astraweb, so I always assumed that they can feed you as fast as you can eat.

Currently stuck on a rubbish BT connection that's getting ~250KB/sec on a good day :(

I max out my university connection (100 Mbits)on Astraweb all the time...

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Straker posted:

I've heard the opposite about Comcast, i.e. that it's more about your relative consumption... if you're in a college town and everyone is using 250GB/mo, then you might not get warnings unless you really are within the top few percent of users. Guess I'll find out soon enough, not using a business account any more :)

I blew through 2+ TB over a few months on Comcast and never heard a peep.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
Astraweb maxes out my 100 Mbit connection with only 15 connections active.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

drwprtcht posted:

Sorry if this has been posted already...but xsusenet is offering free 1mbit accounts right now.

http://www.xsusenet.com/en/

Gogogogo

Nice. What backbone do these guys serve from?

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
Since upgrading to r34 of Couchpotato, when I try to add anything, the little wheel spins indefinitely and it never adds anything. Am I missing something obvious here?

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Lazy Eye posted:

I've found xsusenet to be useful for DMCA fills. I have it marked as optional in SABnzbd because my expectations are low for the free service.

That's exactly what I've done and I've pulled nearly a GB from them in the past few weeks as a result. No complaints about free.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

a63548 posted:

Blocknews
quote:
Up for grabs at Blocknews through the end of the year is 100 Gigabytes for $6.99! Pay only once and take your time to use it up! Never any rebilling! Why pay monthly for usenet when you only need access every now and again? All accounts include SSL encryption, our industry leading retention, posting & great service all with access to our servers located in the US and Europe! Price Available through Christmas or when inventory is exhausted.

See why thousands of users come to Blocknews to get better pricing, better service and to fill in the gaps of other "bargain providers" who have poor completion!

They said this deal was through then end of the year yet I can't get the deal to show up today...

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

td4guy posted:

The problem is that nearly entire multi-gigabyte articles are being taken down, rather than just 10-20% of them or whatever.

I've used a little under 1.2 GB of a block account in 6 months and have never run into any problems with completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

kri kri posted:

Is there a way to fully sync sickbeard with thetvdb? They changed a series completely and now sickbeard thinks the specials are there when they are not. I deleted and re-added the series but this still listed episodes no longer on the thetvdb page.

Also comcast offers business class internet with no caps. Its about the same price as regular internet AFAIK, the only added cost is they have you sign a 1 or 2 year agreement and the install fee is $100 or so I think.

They often waive that fee if you are merely "switching" over from the resident packages. Also, I've easily 2TB+ in a month on Comcast and never heard a word.