Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Sickbeard index is still working. Just no web interface but I can supplant that with separate means.

Just sucks that I paid for NZBMatrix like 2 months ago. Makes me hesitant to pay for any other VIP access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

The pHo posted:

Probably wouldn't be too hard for someone to put together. I've got code that validates signups against a random string put in the profile field on here, so wouldn't be difficult to make it 'SA Only'.

I am interested but I don't know if we would ever get mod approval.

Willing to throw in some cash well

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 10, 2012

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I'd say Tv is priority now with the number of sickbeard users.

However it could always be interim solution then flesh out the rest of the categories based on user demand/donations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Nitr0 posted:

Remember that sickbeard already has a built in index which works fine. In fact I would say all of my downloads came from it. This isn't some urgent thing for tv. That said if an indexer is coming up then long retention is key, anyone can do a short retention indexer.

Stuff works as a good proof of concept/stress test. I agree that sickbeard is pretty awesome but its nice to have alternatives.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 10, 2012

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Whats the goon's server status?

I'm having sickbeard throwing error codes that it cannot find the indexer for about a week. Thinking of cancelling super news until something easy comes up.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Pm sent.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Had invites, gave them away.

I'll post next time i get them.

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 26, 2013

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sunblood posted:

Anyone know where the working Startup folder on Windows 8 is? Or why my Sickbeard isn't starting on boot when there's a shortcut in one of the Startup folders I managed to find?
With no regular Start Menu I can't remember where that actual directory is on the drive.

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Yeah its a bit poo poo.

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 20, 2013

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

GOONZB Update:

We've reached a point where manually adding accounts via our E-mail method has become way too much of a slog with all the signups.

Thanks guys!

GOONZB LIVES!

I was lucky and got in early (or what I assumed was early) however didn't know if that was something we should share or not.

No problems with the site and I appriciate that it seems to be a little faster the nzb.su.

For a scale question should I be limiting my API calls to anything above the standard 10 minutes?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Thinking of building a media PC that will also serve as an always on Sickbeard/usenet box.

I notice on my desktop there is a significant amount of hitching or slowdown when files are being repaired/verified.

Is there a way to cut down on this? More ram? more processor speed? SSDs?

Just don't want it to randomly interfere with my viewing.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Hogburto posted:

Will this media PC be running OpenELEC? That is based on a linux distro, so I might expect it to come with IONice and that you could use these options in SABnzbd to make par2 and unrar take a back seat on disk usage when you're doing other stuff.
XBMC also seems to have alwaysforcebuffer and freememorycachepercent settings, which should help.
And yes, go big on RAM. 8GB is still cheap enough that you might as well not go with less.

Googling seems to confirm this is only a linux solution. Was planning on running it on Windows and maybe run some steam games through it but I may have to reevaluate.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://www.thecubenet.com/ (appears to be highwinds reseller) seems to be having a decent sale

25 GB 2.99
100 GB 8.99
250 GB 19.99

22 hours left as per the clock.

Already fitting in nicely with my supernews account.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

kri kri posted:

Its been great for me.

Me as well, they also seem to post their stuff 5 to 10 minutes earlier so all my grabs are from them.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Uldor posted:

Anyone else getting connection issues with nzb.su?

Yup, right when I was considering renewing VIP. Meh

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Untagged posted:

Is it worth it? Over/Under on your credit card info being stolen?

Not really, if you can get DOGnzb it's a lot quicker to post so 95% of my sick beard and couch potato pulls were coming from there anyway.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Nzb.su also has cc payment services so you don't have to buy a stupid t-shirt

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

yotoc posted:

I used to have couch potato set up that when it sent a file to sabnzdb it would start paused. I can't remember when it broke but I'm tired of things getting auto added and downloaded without me saying it's ok. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Go to settings go to downloaders click show advanced and then you should have a priority pull down list.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I cant tell if my ISP is throttling supernews or their system is slow today.

Backup servers are helpful!

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 14, 2016

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Anyone else noticing stuff being posted like 9 different times?

Its basically making any web interface useless.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Strange, using only NewsDemon I haven't noticed any DMCA takedowns recently. Ever since the Scene groups started encrypting their file names, takedowns seem to have gotten rare.

Im using sickbeard and what im seeing is a lot of errors in the first thing sickbeard grabs but when I go to pick another release (even with the exact same name) that goes through.

Time to switch I guess

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Taima posted:

Do the unlimited usenet providers throttle if you download too much?

I wasn't really thinking about it and downloaded 700GB yesterday, and now I'm getting fractional speeds... I looked online and the owner says there aren't any caps, but it's just super weird how consistently it's happening today. It would be a huge bummer if it was throttling, since I paid for a year of Ninja.

e: excuse me I should be more clear that my provider is Newsgroup Ninja.

I had this, ended up being my ISP I think, switched to HTTPS (SSL?) server and it went away.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Heners_UK posted:

I must admit I'm tempted to snag that, but do you think there will be any better deals closer to BF?
Better defined as:
* Somehow more liked or creditable provider
* Non-highwinds (although is that so bad)
* Somehow more unlimited?

Cubenet has been good to me. Only limitation is connections as I have 2 PCs that use the same account.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I was going to say, what makes an indexer special over another one if they are all indexing the same thing.

The usenets are complicated...

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I ended up dropping Radarr, its successful hit rate was like 1/8, I'll just monitor it myself.

It was pulling down wrongly named movies constantly.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Check where it failed and its spread over a bunch of indexers, I just disabled for now.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Drunken Slug registration is open and they have an a 18 month for the price of 12 deal.

Edit, whoops already covered....

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Is having all the names end in arr and be pirating stuff a joke I'm just now getting?