Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

inpheaux posted:

As I just asked on IRC, why the hell were you people only using NZBmatrix in the first place?

quote:

To my knowledge, no private Newznab sites have constantly replenishing invites. NZBs.org only gives out something like 50 invites per month total. I've had DogNZB / NZB.su accounts for ages, and between the two of them I think I've seen 3 invites ever.

You just answered your own question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

At one time or another being the operative phrase. Matrix worked well enough, and it's tiresome to keep checking all time to see if one of the "better" indexers was letting people in.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Because most of the useful smaller indexes are locked down tight and aren't easy to get access to. Fully automated scrapers are marginally useful when there's lots of crap out there (like password protected bullshit).

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Is there any way MPAA/etc could shut down the spotweb method? It seems pretty ingenious and I have to image it's the logical progession of usenet indexing rather than trying to scurry into these little private indexers.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Alright, somebody help me figure this out. I grab something off of a Newznab link. Comes down so busted par files can't fix it - nearly every individual rar is incomplete.

If I pull those exact same articles through binsearch, I get complete rars.

Both methods going through the same software/usenet servers.

EDIT: This is even stranger. I can download the same rar several times and get different totals for each one, sometimes higher, sometimes lower (up to several MB different). Wtf is that about?

Crackbone fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 29, 2012

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Bartie posted:

I just signed up for a Usenet service last night and as such I'm pretty new to this, so excuse my dumb question: What's the big deal about NZB.su? The OP doesn't mention it and there's just a regular link in the Wiki that doesn't really stand out as anything special.

It's one of the best indexers available. There are lots of alternatives available though, they're just not as nice.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I'm using Supernews with a Blocknews fill provider but still having a LOT of problems with specific content lately. Would anybody have a suggestions on different block account, or even primary if SN has somehow gotten crappy while I wasn't checking?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Rename with mediamonkey, and stop giving gently caress about quality as long as it's 160kbps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Crunchtime posted:

So after the site took my money and went down, now its asking for money again :(

Welcome to bitcoin, enjoy your stay.