Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anyone have a link on how to setup automatic sorting of downloaded files using SickBeard / SabNZBD? Everything going into my Usenet folder isn't cutting it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I'm starting to think Supernews isn't cutting it. Last night I queued up some files that were almost a year old (and had a decent amount of grabs) on NZB.su and I woke up to this:

I use SABNZBD, and SABConnect++ (for Chrome) for the mac.

Does anyone know what could be the problem here? Should I switch providers? If so, who should I switch to, Astraweb? UsenetServer? Something else?

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jul 7, 2011

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

JerkyBunion posted:

You could test that theory out by buying a 5gig plan from Block News for $2.75.

Done. Thanks for the advice.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

The Modern Leper posted:

Could someone tell me where the script menu is in SABnzbd or, alternatively, how I can switch the theme? Sabnzbd isn't recognizing my sabtosickbeard. This just seems really unintuitive, but I'm sure I'm missing something really simple.

You can change the UI by going to config > general and clicking the dropdown bar next to "Web Interface"

I use Plush gold. For SabtoSickbeard, you need to go into config > folders and next to "post processing scripts folder", you need to enter in the path of the scripts folder. Mine is: /users/corbet/sickbeard/sick-beard/autoprocesstv/

After that, you go into Config > Categories and next to "TV" is a dropdown bar for scripts, SabtoSickbeard should be an option.

io_burn posted:

Corbet please post your results if you end up using a supplemental news host to SuperNews.

It worked out great. I bought 200 GB for $20 at BlockNews and was able to download one of the files that failed on me last night. Granted, it went through a process of repairing and validating 2-3 times before it had all the data but I'm happy. I'd more than willing to pay a one-time fee of $20 instead of wasting a bunch of bandwidth downloading failed files (yay Comcast).

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 8, 2011

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

io_burn posted:

Hmm, is there a way to setup sabnzbd to try an alternate SuperNews server, or re-try to download missing articles? Hitting retry in the interface seems to only retry to actual par checking process without ever attempting to fetch missing articles, which obviously fails, since they're not there.

I'm not sure this feature is available with sabnzbd and I've always wondered why they haven't implemented something like that. Missing articles are the worst thing about usenet/sabnzbd, mainly because you're stuck re-downloading the whole thing again (granted, you can go in and see what par files are missing, but that can be tough when you're downloading a file that has thousands of blocks).

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is there a way to automatically assign a category to a file I've added to sabnzbd instead of manually having to change it? I have some sorting set to drop specific categories into different folders but it would be nice if I didn't have to worry if the category was marked or not.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

inpheaux posted:

Get the NZB from somewhere cool (nzbs.org, nzb.su, etc) and have your category named exactly like the category at the source. Case matters.

So, something from nzbs.org with the category "tv" will end up in your sab category "tv".

Hmmm, weird. I use nzb.su and it still doesn't apply the category correctly, even when they match.

I've got another question. I have sabnzbd move completed file to a networked drive (using OS X). Occasionally, the networked drive is disconnected and sabnzbd throws a fit about now being able to find the completed folder and decides to create the folder its self. When I re-connect the networked drive, OS X notices there already a folder with the same name as the networked drive (because sabnzbd created the folder) and it decides to rename the actual drive.

Is there any way to stop sabnzbd from creating the complete folder when it can't find it?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

io_burn posted:

So on a whim today I decided to setup nzb.su (previously was only using newzbin and nzbmatrix) and Sick Beard almost immediately found all this obscure stuff I had added when I first set it up then basically wrote off as "Yeah, this will never download." What reason is there that nzb.su would work so much better than the others? I mean don't all of the nzb services work basically the same behind the scenes?

So yeah, if you haven't yet, set up nzb.su. I was so pleased with their indexing that I tossed 'em $20.

That's pretty funny considering I went and checked out nzbmatrix (I've only ever used nzb.su, I wish I could get an account at nzbds.org) and managed to find some obscure things I've been trying to find for months to no avail.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

skyydude posted:

My downloads max out at 6.5 MB/s (~50 Mbit/s, half my ISP's capacity) from EU.

Holy crap, I'm jealous. I'm lucky to get 1.5 MB/s, sometimes 2. How much do you pay monthly?

Edit: I also have a 250 GB cap every month. Yay Comcast.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 14, 2011

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Sly Pistachio posted:

The States isn't completely broken. Verizon FiOS is available in millions of homes but it's a giant country. There's some municipal fiber providers who offer symmetrical 1 Gbps over here in the States. They're dotted about in small areas that have broken free from the cable/telecom monopolies and seen the light. It really puts things into perspective of what you could have, should have, as an American citizen. The giant evil cable/telecoms like AT&T and Comcast with their slow rear end speeds and bandwidth caps try their hardest to make sure the general American populace remains sheep and doesn't realize what a short end of the stick they're getting.

Slight derail, but is there anything that can be done if a telecom (Comcast) has a choke hold on your area? Write your congressman? The mayor? Who?

I don't think there are any alternatives around here.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I made a thread over at the official sabnzbd forums but I figured I'd post my issue here and see if anyone had any ideas on what the problem could be:

Setup: 10.7 Lion with the latest version of sabnzbd. Asus RT-N56U Router with a NTFS-formatted drive attached with SMB. I am using Paragon NTFS to enable write access to the NTFS drive.

I have a networked drive that I can read and write to with no issue in finder. I tried setting my complete folder to a location on the networked drive and in the download section, it shows the correct hard drive space remaining and doesn't give me any errors. After I download a file and it attempts to unpack it on the network drive, the items will show up as "complete" and say it's being moved, but when I go into the complete folder on the networked drive, the item's folder is there but it doesn't contain any of the actual files. If I go into the incomplete folder on the computer running sabnzbd, the downloaded file is complete in it.

I also get this error:
Error removing workdir (" ")

If I set my incomplete path to the networked drive, the Download immediately fails and I get:

» URL Fetching failed; Unusable NZB file, Try again

So here's the thing: if I set the path to incomplete and complete folders to the computer running sabnzbd and have something like SickBeard run a script to move the file over to the networked drive, Sickbeard has no problems moving the files over.

Does anyone have any ideas why sabnzbd isn't playing nice with my networked drive but sickbeard and finder do? Any ideas?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Disgustipated posted:

Was it working before you upgraded to Lion? I know they are using a totally different implementation of SMB sharing now, maybe something to do with that?

This is unnecessary for a drive shared via the network. You only need it if you're attaching the drive directly to your Mac. SMB abstracts the file system, so it doesn't matter if it's NTFS, FAT32, ExFAT, ext4, whatever, OS X can still write to it.

While I've heard that it's unnecessary for a shared network drive, I was having some issues writing to the NTFS networked drive on a before I ran into the sabnzbd issue.

I would attempt to write to it, it would bring up the "copying..." box and then OS X would ask me for a password. After I entered a password, I'd get an error and it would leave a 0 KB version of the file I was attempting to copy on the network drive. I installed Paragon NTFS (after removing MacFUSE, which could have been the culprit) and now I can write to it just fine. While I don't think Paragon NTFS fixed the problem (maybe it was the restart after installing paragon?), there's no harm in keeping Paragon NTFS on my computer.

I'm not sure if it worked before upgrading to Lion, I just purchased the router that lets me attach an external drive to. The admin on the sabnzbd forums is having me forward a debug log so now I'm just waiting to see what they say.

edit: Apparently the issue has to do with the fact that sabnzbd uses Snow Leopard's Python instead of the Lions. My only options are to wait until they release a new edition that has Lion's Python or try and compile the program myself.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 8, 2011

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong in regards to the script and CouchPotato? I moved the script to my script folder and had CouchPotato snatch a file but it didn't correctly switch the category and instead it says "Default" with no script to run selected. I made sure that the CouchPotato script is correctly allocated to the movies category.

I don't remember having to do anything special to make Sickbeard's files apply the "TV" category and sabToSickbeard script. I'm using NZB Matrix, if that matters.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 13, 2011

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

natsea posted:

I can't get SABNZBD to launch on a Macbook OS X version 10.5.8. I've tried to install it a couple of times, and restart the computer. I download the dmg from sourceforge, and then copy it over to the Applications folder and when I try to launch it the first time it asks if I am sure because I am opening a file downloaded from the internet. The icon doesn't pop up on the toolbar up top, and I can't access it on http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd. Any suggestions?

Try just http://localhost:8080/

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Laserface posted:

I found this neat little piece of software for OSX that makes it easy to launch sickbeard: http://ka010.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/opensource-a-sickbeard-launcher-app/

sits in the menu bar at the top of the screen with start/restart/stop controls.

Is it really that hard to create an .app wrapper for a python based program? I can't believe it hasn't been done yet.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

For those on mac using SickBeard Launcher, have you noticed a memory leak?

I was messing around in activity monitor and noticed that it was using almost a gig of memory. I went ahead and restarted and it was only using 15 MB of memory. I've been eyeing it for the past 5 minutes or so and it's up to 25 MB.

Now I know what's causing my swap file to take up 5 GB of space. I hardly ever restart my computer.

edit: up to 70MB. I'm gonna keep monitoring it but I guess I'll have to make sure I exit out of the launcher when I open SickBeard. I messaged the creator on Twitter so I'll update anything I hear.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 12, 2011

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Sperg Victorious posted:

Astraweb is offering 10mbit unlimited for $20 USD a quarter and 1TB block accounts for $50 USD.

What's better, Supernews or Astraweb? Or are they pretty much the same?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is there a general consensus on what the best sabnzbd/Sickbeard manager is for iOS?

It seems like isn't one that can do everything. Qouch has a decent interface with Sickbeard and sabnzbd but no built in browser with support for adding nzbs to sabnzbd. SABMobile is nice but I'm not sure it's optimized very well for the bigger screen on the iPad. SABMobile HD looks really nice for the iPad but it isn't available on the iPhone.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

For some reason, sabnzbd likes to randomly stop downloading files until I restart it. I'm using an airport extreme with MacBook air. My usenet provider is super news. My ISP is road runner. I never had this issue when I had comcast with a different modems a couple months ago.

I've tried both SSL and non-SSL. Any ideas?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is there any way to make anything snatched by CouchPotato to automatically choose the "movies" category in sabnzbd+?

edit: Or can I just keep the default category/folder and CouchPotato is smart enough to know snatched files vs. others downloaded in sabnzbd?

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 20, 2012

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

When something downloads with CouchPotato, it never renames the file/folder. Any idea why? I have it set to rename anything that is downloaded. Should it be running a script like sickbeard does? I just want the file/folder names cleaned up because of XBMC.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

IratelyBlank posted:

Does anyone here use Supernews? I recently switched after using Astraweb forever which I was really pleased with, but they moved to a paypal-only model and paypal gave me enormous problems trying to pay for it. The first few days I had Supernews it was great, I was able to max out my connection at about 5.4mb/sec and now it's really erratic all the time, going anywhere from 600kb/sec-3.5mb/sec, no matter which combinations of settings I use(including upping the # of connections). If this keeps up I may need to jump ship to yet another provider.

I've been using Supernews for over a year and like it well enough. I do have some download speed issues but usually when that happens, it's my ISP, not Supernews. I don't really monitor speeds on any regular basis though.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

Okay, so update on GOONZB..

The SSD's and the HBA are in our guy's hands. So we now have all the hardware we need. Our guy works a p. busy job already doing tech stuff, so he's working on this in his freetime, which is a bit limited this week-- but we're literally on the final stretch to getting this server built, configured, and placed in the data center (Our guy lives near the place).

My particular brand of fake misogyny humor over in GiP recently got me banned, so I lost my platinum.. I had 100+ PM's, and I did note everyone. We'll get a separate thread going sometime in the future if that's deemed kosher. Just wanted to thank everyone for PM'ing on the project to show interest-- it made that leap of faith that was taken to procure the hardware/hosting a lot less scary. There was a bit of concern that we might wind up outlaying for the thing and find that we had no user base.

Our main guy working on all this stuff has really been doing a wonderful job, and I think you all will be very happy with the project as we go from a regular NN+ provider to a more custom setup.

Thanks again for the PM's, I'm sorry I lost access to them and can't do the mass replies I had planned.

Cheers. :)

I've got a platinum gift certificate with your name on it. E-mail me at bagofsunchips [at] gmail to claim it.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I have 2 NZB.su invites!

edit: all gone. When I get more, I'll e-mail them to the people who requested an invite via e-mail.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 6, 2013

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I accidentally deleted my config file for Sick Beard so I had to set it up again, but now all the files that download aren't being moved into season folders. I've checked the settings and they aren't set to flattened - any idea why this would be happening.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

monkeybounce posted:

They're also doing a $7 unlimited monthly.

http://newsgroupdirect.com/unlimited-usenet

Thanks for sharing this. I've been using SuperNews for years but I don't mind switching and saving $3 a month.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Why does SickBeard sometimes not list newly aired shows but when you click on their TVDB link, they show the newly aired episodes just fine? I though they pulled episode airing from TVDB?

edit: Another show has an airdate that has passed but again, I go onto TVDB and the airdate is different than what is listed in SickBeard.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Chick3n posted:

Sickbeard updates daily at 3AM. If you shutdown your PC or only open Sickbeard when you need it, it may never update.

Good to know.

Another question - What's the best way to start "fresh" with an install of SickBeard on OS X, Cheetah and all?

I'm having an issue where for some reason, SickBeard likes to close randomly, I have no idea why, but I have to go into Activity Monitor and Quit Process Python to get it running again. I have no idea why, and the people over at the SickBeard forums weren't much help, so I figured re-installing everything might fix it.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is NZB.su's VIP a yearly thing? I could have sworn that when I paid for it, I was getting it for life. Now I'm looking on my profile and I see no mention that I'm VIP.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I use Newsgroup Direct and Blocknews servers and I notice a lot of failed downloads due to missing blocks. Any suggestions for ANOTHER back-up server?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Speaking of block plans, what is the cheapest Highwinds Media block plan? I'd like to get an account somewhere as a back-up.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is there any way to run Sickbeard for content management but not automatically download anything?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Hard Drives: Mounted via USB on my Airport Extreme (newest model)

I recently changed the name of my external hard drives on the network to "Media 3 TB" and "Media 1.5 TB". I also recently updated to Mavericks. Lately I've been having a ton of issues with post processing to the external harddrives - with SickBeard, I have it automatically run the SabtoSickBeard script. With other content, I have certain categories automatically move files to specific drives.

Now I'm getting the following error:

Category moving: Post Processing Failed for XXXXXX (Cannot create final folder /volumes/Media 3 TB/movies/XXXXXX/XXXXXX)

Does anybody have any idea why this would be happening? The drives are properly mounted, the current settings on the Airport Extreme are "Enable file sharing", "Share disks over WAN", and Secure Shared Disks: with device password with "Remember this password in my keychain" selected.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what my issue is and I would appreciate the help.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 26, 2013

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody have any idea why CouchPotato wouldn't successfully bring up search results from DogNZB and NZB.su? I can search for something on DogNZB/NZB.su, and they will bring up multiple results, but when I search from within CouchPotato, the same results won't come up.

I've tried generating and adding a new API and it doesn't really do anything.

edit: Looks like uninstalling/reinstalling worked, for some reason the "api" needed to be added for each provider.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 9, 2014

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I've installed SickBeard + SABNZBD for the first time on a PC (I'm normally a mac user) and I got this error when sabnzbd attempted to unpack and run the sabtosickbeard.py script:

'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Any advice?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Sonarr + CP + NZBGet Issue:

I switched over to NZBGet a couple months ago and haven't had many issues, but lately I've noticed that nothing has auto-downloadeded since December 21st in my "History", but I have a ton of "Info" messages, seen below. Any idea what's going on, exactly?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I use NZBGet to automatically download files from a BinSearch RSS feed. Does anybody know of any scripts that will not put the downloaded file into a folder that has the same name? I want the file placed directly in a specific folder by its self.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Volguus posted:

I've been with supernews for quite a few years now. When I had 100-150 Mbps internet I always hit the speed limit. Now I'm on 250 and I don't always hit it. That is, most of the time I download at max speed, but every now and then I go to 5 MB (megabytes, not bits) per second. Always assumed it was something with either my ISP, my neighborhood or that others in the house are hitting the net hard (netflix and friends). I'm tempted to try newsdemon, but they don't have that GoT promotion running anymore it seems. Or do they and is only active Sunday/Monday?

I just switched my main provider from Supernews to Frugal Usenet. Hopefully I don't regret my decision - $40 vs $120 a year was too tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does Tweaknews ever do block discounts? I had 200GB as a backup and chewed through it relatively quickly, even when it's at the bottom of my priority list.