Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Anyone on newshosting having speed trouble? It usually can max my meager connection, but lately I've been lucky if I can break 20KB/s, if I connect at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Powershift posted:

I had the same problem the other night on newsgroupsdirect, which is a different highwinds reseller. The problem ended up being constant disconnects resulting in my number of connections being maxed out. It was the same kind of issue i had with supernews, but with 50 connections vs 30, i can run 5 connections and maintain 4MB/s on a connection that normally runs 10MB/s. How many connections are you running?

It's still disappointing compared to running 10MB/s 24/7 with no DMCA bullshit in the prime of astraweb with no complaints from anybody. It seems to me that usenet has exploded in popularity, with all the advantages/disadvantages that comes with it.

I was running a staggering 8 connections. Dropped it down to 5 and it connected right away at peak speed. Weird.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I'm looking to get back into usenet, is Blocknews still good? I really don't download that much, and a block plan would be perfect for me.