Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Wow.

Just tried downloading SABnzbd after hearing about it for years on here, after doing everything manually for years I was pretty shocked to only find a single video file in my downloads folder after clicking the little "send nzb to SABnzbd" icon on NZBMatrix, only seconds after the file finished downloading.

Now Im going to set up sickbeard. How exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Jesus, this got headache inducing fast.

Different programs with different api keys, two programs with two different download directorys, post processing scripts? Maybe Ill try sickbeard another time but I just spent a few hours trying to change my completed download directory with no luck.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

BlackRider posted:

It's worth it. I know it's a pain to set up but trust me, it's worth it. Let us help you - what part did you get stuck at? This can be done in steps and once you have one piece working, you move onto the next.

If you get up to here and it works, the post processing part is not too hard. What step above did you get stuck on? It's easy to get hung up, I'll agree with you on that, but it's also worth it to figure out. Let me know if you want some elaboration on any of the above points because they aren't necessarily obvious.
Ive gotten (mostly) everything working between Sickbeard and SAB, everything will download and unrar and rars will get deleted after. My problem right now is that I have these 2 new programs I never used and Im not 100% sure on setting them up.

Like, my issue is everything I dl is dumped into one folder. I looked at a few pages in the wiki and they told you what you should be typing in the menus and where but they didnt really explain well enough.

Right now SAB is using E:/Downloads for temp space/completed downloads. I kind of assumed I would mostly want to use Sickbeard for the post processing, right? So I point SB to my completed downloads folder and this is where I think I screwed up.

I then went into the SABnzbd categories menu because this is what you have to do to get SickB to "talk" to SABnzbd so it knows that the nzb is done. This is where I started using the wiki heavily.

I thought entering this info would make anything downloaded to SABnzbd with the category "sickbeard" would be put in E:\_Media\_TV. It doesnt, nothing gets moved from E:\Downloads. Also when the nzb gets sent to SABnzbd the category is always set to default like so:

Thats where I am now. I just cant figure out how to get the stuff I DL to automatically move to a different folder. (And Im only setting up one feed, so its not like I have too much going on here.)

Sorry about the all those words, if you feel like helping out I'd appreciate it but like I said Im still pretty happy with just the one-click SABnzbd downloading for now. :)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Lusername posted:

Cage: Okay, I think you have everything setup, but you need to tell Sick Beard to send the NZBs to SABnzbd with the correct category.

Go to Sickbeard -> Config -> Search settings. Under 'SABnzbd Category', enter the category you chose: "sickbeard". That should do it.
Oh, I had "TV" in that field. Trying this out now, thanks!

edit: This fixed it.

Thanks lusername and blackrider. :)

Cage fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 22, 2012

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sorry for another question, but my sickbeard still says that an episode that finished airing 20 minutes ago still hasnt aired even though the nzb is already on nzbmatrix. I have SB and SAB refresh every 10 minutes, but nothing seems to be pulling the file. Do I have to wait for SB to change from "unaired"?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Alright, so if you want to watch the episode very shortly after airing you just have to get the nzb yourself? No problem, any idea on how often it updates just for future reference?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

tk posted:

It should grab stuff pretty automatically. It searches every 60 minutes or something, so there some lag time. You can force an immediate search for a specific episode by clicking on the magnifying glass looking thing.

Shows still show up as unaired because it only works on the air date of an episode. Something that was on at 8PM will switched off "unaired" at the same time as something that aired at 11AM.
I tried forcing the "daily episode search" on SB, along with trying that little magnifying glass - clicking that just made it turn into a red X after 10 seconds.

Thermopyle posted:

edit: Also sickbeard continually monitors the RSS feed for nzbmatrix and wherever. When the show shows up it will download it no matter what the next-air date is.
This isn't the "RSS Feed" option on SABnzbd is it? Or is just the feed youre supposed to get from setting up a show on Sickbeard (Im sorry, I know Im being general but I dont know what word to use to be more specific)? I dont see any RSS options on SB, but on SAB I do, theres just nothing in there.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Corbet posted:

Is there a general consensus on what the best sabnzbd/Sickbeard manager is for iOS?

It seems like isn't one that can do everything. Qouch has a decent interface with Sickbeard and sabnzbd but no built in browser with support for adding nzbs to sabnzbd. SABMobile is nice but I'm not sure it's optimized very well for the bigger screen on the iPad. SABMobile HD looks really nice for the iPad but it isn't available on the iPhone.
:O

Can you use these apps to search for and fetch nzbs on your home computer?

If so, Id like to add to that question and ask if there are any for WP7.

edit: Decided to not be dumb and just searched for "nzb". Found SABNZBD+ download manager and it lets you use your nabmatrix account to fetch nzbs remotely. Amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Surely theres a post somewhere in this thread where someone explained what cats, dogs, and tshirts are?