Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Lemons posted:

I have this set up as well, though I'm not sure what a Zotac box is. Mine is just a machine I put together a few years ago for an HTPC, booting XBMC off of a compact flash card.
Probably a little Atom/Ion nettop like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856173005&cm_re=ZBOX-_-56-173-005-_-Product

I currently have everything running on my main desktop, SAB, SB and XBMIC connected via HDMI. I want a NAS+XBMC live setup, just don't know where I'd put a NAS at the moment. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Roving Reporter posted:

This is more of a Windows permissions thing but does anyone else have issues with Couchpotato or Sickbeard loading when Windows starts up?

Both shortcuts are in my Startup folder with "start as an administrator" checked, yet I manually have to click them which brings a UAC prompt.

I have no such problems with SABnzbd, so it must be something stupid that I'm overlooking.
It's because SickBeard stores its data inside the folder it runs from. If you have it in program files, it'll prompt every time. Move it outside of program files and it'll work fine, no prompt.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

inpheaux posted:

Upgrade.
Bug report for beta 2. If you had it set to shut down on completing the queue and then start it back up with an empty queue it will just shut itself right down again.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

YouTuber posted:

I'm new to this so I hope I'm not asking in the wrong spot.

When verifying is it common for SABnzbd to cause crippling hardlock style stutters? I figure a quad core CPU with 4gigs of ram should be more than enough to do whatever it's doing while verifying.

Also after it finishes crippling my ability to use the computer for 1-3 minutes depending on the file size some of these end up requiring repair. I click retry and I assume it tries to re download portions of it. Even then it still doesn't do jack poo poo so I was told to run a program called Quickpar to fix it. That doesn't do anything, so my question is. Is this particular file damaged with parts of it missing? No matter what wand I wave over it the download cannot be fixed because it doesn't have all the required parts?
Verification is disk limited. If your incomplete folder is on your system drive, it's not going to matter how much RAM you have or how fast your CPU is, you're still going to experience slowdown.

That particular file definitely sounds damaged to the point where it can't be repaired. Retry basically does what it says on the box, and re-downloads the whole file. SABnzbd+ automatically attempts to download the PAR files for repair, you don't have to do anything to make that happen.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg
Was it working before you upgraded to Lion? I know they are using a totally different implementation of SMB sharing now, maybe something to do with that?

Corbet posted:

Setup: 10.7 Lion with the latest version of sabnzbd. Asus RT-N56U Router with a NTFS-formatted drive attached with SMB. I am using Paragon NTFS to enable write access to the NTFS drive.
This is unnecessary for a drive shared via the network. You only need it if you're attaching the drive directly to your Mac. SMB abstracts the file system, so it doesn't matter if it's NTFS, FAT32, ExFAT, ext4, whatever, OS X can still write to it.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

natsea posted:

Doesn't work either.

Do you get a process in activity monitor? Also did you download the special Leopard build here?

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

ControlledBurn posted:

Ideally one would have an SSD based system and move the files to a NAS (or whatever other storage array one wants) once it's done unpacking then?
Pretty much as long as it's not the system drive you shouldn't really notice a hit. I have SAB download to one drive, extract to a another and then SickBeard post-processes to one of 3 drives that store my TV shows. I never notice any slowdown at all, since all the disk I/O is happening off my system drive.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Hamburglar posted:

Why I am getting like 90% of the downloads saying "Download Failed - Out of Your Server's Retention"? I am getting it on files that are only a few weeks old. Using SABnzbd with Firefox.

It's weird too because it looks like it's downloading, and then it does this when the progress bar is at the end. It is doing this on every computer in my home.
What provider are you using?

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Lemons posted:

I've had an annoying problem with sab and plush for a while now, and never bothered to fix it. It's really starting to annoy me though.

For the past I-don't-know-how-many versions of sab, whenever I click the Options button in the top right corner, it displays the options (force disconnect, restart, shutdown, refresh rate), but I can't change any of them. I click on them and they don't respond. I can click the X button to close that, but then I'm left with a black screen and have to put in the sab url again.

Same thing happens for the purge history popup as well.

This is in Chrome on Mac. Safari works fine though.

Any ideas?
Working for me on Chrome 17.0.963.56 on OS X. Tried clearing cache?

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Lemons posted:

Clearing the cache doesn't do anything.

It does this on Chrome on my other Windows machine as well, so I don't think it's browser related.
Any add-ons they have in common? The only add-on I have for Chrome is Last Pass and it's definitely working fine for me on my Mac and Windows machines on version 0.6.15 of SABnzbd.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Hamburglar posted:

Thank you. This is a very helpful reply but I still can't seem to get Qouch to work.

I got my real IP (let's say it's 188.43.42.337)

I logged into my router, and told it to create a new port forwarding rule. This rule shows the following:

I save, wait a few minutes, and try to connect with Quoch. It will not connect. In settings I have 188.43.42.337 (I even tried 188.43.42.337:8080) and all the other options appear to be correct.

Is there something I am missing here? I am complete idiot with networking, even though I am pretty decent with computers. Thanks so much for any help anyone can give. :shobon:
You need to forward TCP, not UDP.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Hamburglar posted:

Thanks, I feel dumb but I thought that's why I typed port 8080 down below that? Anyway, when I put that in, it just spit out a different error message: "Make sure you are using SABnzbd version 0.6 or higher" which I am.

Created one, rebooted the computer, placed it into Quoch, it doesn't work.

I *always* problems with ANYTHING related to routers/networking because I'm a goddamn idiot so I'm pretty sure it's me and not Quoch. :sigh:
Can you get to it via the browser on your phone? If that doesn't work there's something else blocking you.

EDIT: What about from another PC on the network?

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Hamburglar posted:

Cool! :)

It's definitely not a Qouch issue then but it still may be an sanzbdb issue, right? Because I just tried to go to 192.168.1.13:8080 in my browser from a computer on the same network and it didn't do anything.
Definitely not a Quoch issue, could be an issue with SABnzbd not listening on the right IP address like FISHMANPET posted.

What OS is the machine running SABnzbd running?

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

vikingstrike posted:

The xs are there. If you put #!/bin/bash at the top of the file, rename it to a .sh file extension. Then you should be able to run ./file.sh or whatever you're trying to do.
It's an RTF file, just changing the extension won't work. He needs to go to Format -> Make Plain Text and then resave the document providing the .sh extension.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

frameset posted:

Is there a command line switch I can add to sickbeard's target line to have it not open a browser window when I launch it? It's irritating to have it launch chrome on boot.
There's an option in Config -> General. First one on the list, "Launch Browser"

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

bort posted:

This almost never happens. A few gig in a block plan as a backup server goes a very long way.
Seriously. I got 200 GB from blocknews as a backup for my Astraweb plan in January 2010. I've used 10 GB of it so far, while downloading 7.3 TB overall. I think you'll be just fine.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

xgalaxy posted:

Anyone know why sab refuses to refresh the download list / history correctly when viewing from iPad?
Is it a theme thing or what?
Are you on the most recent version? There was a bug fixed in 0.7.4 that caused UI refresh problems on iOS6 devices.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Daktari posted:

https://www.nzbs.org isn't accessible for me from Chrome, but I can get there from IE. What the gently caress is wrong with me/Chrome?
Did your session expire? try going to http://www.nzbs.org/login instead and see if that works

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Is NZB.su's VIP a yearly thing? I could have sworn that when I paid for it, I was getting it for life. Now I'm looking on my profile and I see no mention that I'm VIP.
It was a lifetime thing originally, they've switched to yearly now I think. If you bought it when it was lifetime your account type will be "Friend"

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

jpotts posted:

Has anyone using Astraweb noticed that when SABNZB is set to use either ssl-us.astraweb.com or ssl.astraweb.com, that the server listed under the Connections tab in SABNZB is eu.news.astraweb.com?

I'm concerned that Astraweb is redirecting my request for an SSL connection to their EU server under a non-SSL encrypted connection. Has anyone else noticed this?
That's just where it was posted to originally. It has nothing to do with your actual connections, and can in fact even show other providers like giganews, etc.

This really should be added to the OP at some point...

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Feenix posted:

Ok I do have one more slight hitch with my NZBdrone setup. Hoping ya'll can help.

I thought I was set, because I test-downloaded and saw that SAB started doing it's thing. I cancelled and felt good about being set.

I saw 4 shows downloaded from NZBDrone. However they weren't where all my shows are. I looked at SABNZBD, and unlike other shows, it shows they were downloaded, but doesn't have any of it's text to the right of them..

code:
Processing succeeded for /Users/BSTAR/Downloads/CompletedTV/Show.mkv/Show.mkv
So to repeat, it does NOT have that. Just blank.

I guess the post-processing part in SAB is not done. What do I need to do to get it back to where it was. I guess I was probably using the SABtoSickbeard.py Script. Do I need to do something there?
You need to tell NZBdrone where your completed TV downloads are going. The setting is Settings -> Download Client -> Drone Factory. In your case you would want to enter /Users/BSTAR/Downloads/CompletedTV/

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Horn posted:

Start over and install NzbGet and Sonarr

But if you want to stick with SB isn't there an exe post processing script you can use? Otherwise you might have to install python
Yup, you definitely want to be using sabtosickbeard.exe, not .py.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Kin posted:

How does Sonarr compare to sickbeard in regards to updating TV schedules. I've found on and off over the last 6 months that sickbeard will regularly fail to properly update a series and as a result it will miss an episode of something. This fixes itself when i go in and do a forced manual refresh of a show but it's pretty annoying that i have to do that, never mind that i feel like i have to constantly check things to make sure the schedule is up to date and that nothing has been missed.
I switched to Sonarr maybe a year ago, and I recall having this issue with Sickbeard as well. From what I remember Sickbeard doesn't really update shows except when it starts up, so since I left my computer on for months and months at a time it would never get a chance to do so. Haven't had an issue with Sonarr.